**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does anyone else think kabam hasn’t been doing very well with their cosmics lately?

limeade32limeade32 Posts: 404 ★★
edited February 2021 in General Discussion
It seems like Kabam really struggles to figure out what numbers to assign to their cosmic champs. They released 5 champs in 2020, on release 4 of them weren’t great, and cgr is one of the best champs in the game. To be fair roblin and air walker can do damage but suffer from bad ramp up mechanics. For some reason recent cosmics just don’t seem to be held up to the same standard as other cosmics. Novas main damage came from furies, but for whatever reason they aren’t consistent at all with champs like captain marvel or Hyperion. It just seems weird when the design a character who’s main source of damage is easily compatible with other champs but is far too low. And on the other end, while I don’t think he should be nerfed, cosmic ghost riders damage output is very high.

My point is that for a while now new cosmic champs have the same exact methods of damage other cosmics had, but inconsistent damage outputs.

Comments

• Options
    DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
    hopefully Hercules will be good, but there are some pretty great cosmic champs like medusa, venom, cmm, corvus, CGR, red goblin, etc
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I would rather take a break from cosmics and have more god tiers or mid tiers of other classes
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

and no ramp-up?

Dr. Zola

I'd like a decentish cosmic with just this part.

• Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★

I mean this might seem a bit weird, but I'd rather have an amazing god-tier champ like CGR and a few meh champs like Nova and Terrax rather than I'd have a bunch of average champs. But I do agree that it would be fun to see some new mechanics in cosmics without the annoying ramp-up

terrax is actually pretty good now
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

and no ramp-up?

Dr. Zola

Kamala!!!

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

and no ramp-up?

Dr. Zola

Kamala!!!

Dr. Zola
    yes Zola give in to the real Khan of the Kontest
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

I’m not sure what more you want from a class. Everyone at CGR damage levels with tons of immunities and no ramp-up?

Dr. Zola

That's exactly what "we" want.
    CGR with Emma's immunities, AA's AAR, and Namor's ability to reflect damage.

Anything less is a complete failure. 😉
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Cosmic is a pretty strong class...Terrax is worlds better, Surfer is slept on, Roblin is a very solid champ, CGR is silly. And this is a class with CMM, Corvus, Venom, Hypo, Medusa, VtD, Carnage, Angela about to be buffed (and possibly other Cosmic females), synergy king Heimdall, Aarkus.

Air-Walker is disappointing, SupSkrull appears to be similarly disappointing. Hercules stands a chance at being amazing.

I’m not sure what more you want from a class. Everyone at CGR damage levels with tons of immunities and no ramp-up?

Dr. Zola

I don't think it's particularly about the class rather than the individual champions themselves. Cosmic is an amazing class but Kabam seem to be pushing for quantity over quality here and every champion miss does sting a bit. Cosmic lately just seems to be following that trend.