**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

They just need to give rank down tickets and move on. Because next month we have more champs coming, and then the month after that. All of these buffs are good for the game

Along with A commitment to hand out rank down tickets for any other future champ change where core utility is removed for no reason.
    Rank down tickets are on a champ by champ basis. Every buff they have brought to us has been successful including the Hood buff. Sure there was a small group of players that were affected they can get their RD2, but that sets a dangerous precedent that every champ buffed or rebalanced deserves a rank down tickets. It was years before people stop screaming RDT for everything.

Most you tubers I have seen actually are enjoying the new hood, some are not, but there are a ton more people who just got present because hood can do more than he use to overall , outside of fate seal.
    I don’t remember saying all champIon changes should result in RDTs...
    Oh that’s right, it’s because I didn’t.
    I said when core utility is removed like in this case here with hood.
    There are people upset because civil warrior lost his AAR.

Angela lost her ability to not get her buffs nullified

Hood lost his ability to fate seal

Mags lost his SP3

OML lost his passive buff

It is part of the game, you signed up for that when you agreed to their terms, so did I. Champs get buffed , champs get rebalances, it’s what allows us to come on the forums and have this discussion. A mid tier player with 2 6* champs will really benefit from this rework. It affected some of those mid tier players , but now they have a champ that can take them through more content. Yes he lost the fate seal, but he gained much more. If you aren’t happy with the buff , the best you can do is Rank down your hood if they provide tickets , which they have no obligation to.

It’s either we have a champion pool with over 230 champs who are just arena fodders or just let the game die , because people don’t want champs to change. It just doesn’t work like that, anywhere!

A meta can’t be created where only 6-7 champs are at the top. Hood solved a couple niche problems , yes I admit that but now he is viable everywhere. I loved hood before the buff, and still do. With as many champions in the game they have to bring the bottom to the middle . Hood could hardly ever trigger rage nodes because his damage was so low and getting out damaged by 3* champs.

At this point Kabam can give you three options .

Option 1 .) RDT to take a champ back to a lower tier and reinvest their resources.

Option 2.) You can enjoy the new champ .

Option 3.) you get pushed out of the game and quit and never look back( which always is a healthy choice for us all )

Bonus option: They throw a fate seal on the SP3 and make you sacrifice damage for utility.
  • Options
    Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    Really curious how this discussion at kabam is going... insights?
  • Options
    Kabam Boo said:

Thanks for all the info above. Our team will look into it.

Thank you, would be good to know before ranking.
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    I hope it isn’t bugged man. I’ve been holding my hopes high that it isn’t
  • Options
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

They just need to give rank down tickets and move on. Because next month we have more champs coming, and then the month after that. All of these buffs are good for the game

Along with A commitment to hand out rank down tickets for any other future champ change where core utility is removed for no reason.
    Rank down tickets are on a champ by champ basis. Every buff they have brought to us has been successful including the Hood buff. Sure there was a small group of players that were affected they can get their RD2, but that sets a dangerous precedent that every champ buffed or rebalanced deserves a rank down tickets. It was years before people stop screaming RDT for everything.

Most you tubers I have seen actually are enjoying the new hood, some are not, but there are a ton more people who just got present because hood can do more than he use to overall , outside of fate seal.
    I don’t remember saying all champIon changes should result in RDTs...
    Oh that’s right, it’s because I didn’t.
    I said when core utility is removed like in this case here with hood.
    There are people upset because civil warrior lost his AAR.

Angela lost her ability to not get her buffs nullified

Hood lost his ability to fate seal

Mags lost his SP3

OML lost his passive buff

It is part of the game, you signed up for that when you agreed to their terms, so did I. Champs get buffed , champs get rebalances, it’s what allows us to come on the forums and have this discussion. A mid tier player with 2 6* champs will really benefit from this rework. It affected some of those mid tier players , but now they have a champ that can take them through more content. Yes he lost the fate seal, but he gained much more. If you aren’t happy with the buff , the best you can do is Rank down your hood if they provide tickets , which they have no obligation to.

It’s either we have a champion pool with over 230 champs who are just arena fodders or just let the game die , because people don’t want champs to change. It just doesn’t work like that, anywhere!

A meta can’t be created where only 6-7 champs are at the top. Hood solved a couple niche problems , yes I admit that but now he is viable everywhere. I loved hood before the buff, and still do. With as many champions in the game they have to bring the bottom to the middle . Hood could hardly ever trigger rage nodes because his damage was so low and getting out damaged by 3* champs.

At this point Kabam can give you three options .

Option 1 .) RDT to take a champ back to a lower tier and reinvest their resources.

Option 2.) You can enjoy the new champ .

Option 3.) you get pushed out of the game and quit and never look back( which always is a healthy choice for us all )

Bonus option: They throw a fate seal on the SP3 and make you sacrifice damage for utility.
    A soul for a soul.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Terra said:

He's still ruined.
    He can't be used in what people ranked him up for pre-nerf.

If someone has never really invested in Hood, the new Hood appears to be better for them. I don't see any evidence so far that the specific complaints about specific use cases somehow magically didn't happen: he will be less useful for some of the use cases he was specifically good at before.

The people who like Hood now have to decide if it was worth taking Hood1.0 away from the players who liked him just to get a Hood2.0 they personally like better.
    Or give them RDTs.
    RDTs give people back the catalysts they spent on a champ, but it doesn't give them back the champ, or their time investment, or replace the option they lost with a different option if they didn't have one.

RDTs are a reasonable way to deal with the situation of having to change a champion out of necessity, and wanting to minimize the loss of investment. They aren't a mechanism to stop caring about what's being changed.
  • Options
    Denslo500 said:

@Texas_11 it’s Hood today.
    May be your favorite champ tomorrow.

I’m ready man.
  • Options
    Denslo500 said:

@Texas_11 it’s Hood today.
    May be your favorite champ tomorrow.

I also love all my champs equally. They all get tucked in and I read their abilities to them before they go to bed.
  • Options
    Aleor said:

Denslo500 said:

Tried him.

Hate the change (other than the healing that is “not working as intended” and will go away).

He is no longer the same champ.

Please provide Rank Down Tickets.

I really hope they admit this 'buff' failed and just revert changes made to him
    There are people that ranked up the buffed hood and people who ranked the unruffled hood. Ever way RDTs would be needed for ever of these groups.
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    I have never seen them reverse a buff.
    Tweak yes
    Reverse never
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,788 ★★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

I have never seen them reverse a buff.
    Tweak yes
    Reverse never

Till now, it is correct. Let's see what happens in next few days.
    Even if nothing happens with this, no guarantee it will not happen so long as the game carries on.