Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Speedro420Speedro420 Posts: 925 ★★★
    Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

I don't have a programming background or game development knowledge. But I do have an idea of checking your design before releasing. Can someone explain to be how some basic inconsistencies( don't know if they are bugs or not) like life steal, bullets on heavy which many people found just by playing the character once could not be found before character release? It's a genuine question and not an attack in the developers.

Not a game developer but, it is possible because there are so much stuff in the game, and since hood also has persistent charges , all persistent charges champs have something missing and they still haven't figured out what it is.
    Don't even get me started on the persistent charge issue. I pulled 6 star nick fury from the basics last week, was very excited because I got skill AG, skill T5CC and skill R1-2 gem after act 6 completion and was jumping for joy, till I realized that he was bugged as hell. I could not use my 5 star reliably for so long.

2 wars ago, in the first fight he lost his LMD and lost health to 30%. Second fight he started in the first phase at 30% and I was confused as hell. I am not going to take up a bugged champ to R3 based on the hope that Kabam will fix him later. He is still bugged after the update and they have not released any timeline for the fix.
    Kabam really should halt any new mechanics or abilities for at least a month and fix the current issues in the game. The bugs are getting crazy out of control and every new update it causes even more abilities to fail.
  • MordMord Posts: 26
    Well I'm seeing regeneration when a stagger expires, AND when a stagger is reapplied, AND when a buff is staggered. Tested the last one with a big Aegon and Hood was regenerating every time a fury on Aegon was staggered.

Which reminds me of a very old issue with Hood, that was clarified back in the day. Link below

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/1781/hood-is-not-healing-like-intended

I'm afraid it looks like a bug
  • ShrimpRShrimpR Posts: 237
    Just want to see the ratio of players' opinion. Since he got massive damage output and sustainable regen, but lost his fate seal utility. I hope people actually test the champion first before voting.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 5,731 ★★★★★
    On Google store the current build was dated 12 Feb. Was CCP informed of the new abilities only close to end Feb?
    nOux said:

Mord said:

Well I'm seeing regeneration when a stagger expires, AND when a stagger is reapplied, AND when a buff is staggered. Tested the last one with a big Aegon and Hood was regenerating every time a fury on Aegon was staggered.

Which reminds me of a very old issue with Hood, that was clarified back in the day. Link below

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/1781/hood-is-not-healing-like-intended

What are u forgetting that his ability description has changed.
    Previously it was stated that “When it expires” that means the whole duration of stagger needs to run out, while now it says “ends” that means when u apply new non-stacking stagger u ending old one and applying new one what causes this healing effect.
    Oh I'm not forgetting anything. I really hope it is not a bug, I'm just adding some background & tests. Precise wording in champions abilities etc is not something that can be said about this game.

Also, please note that when an incoming buff is prevented via stagger, regen triggers as well. I double checked it with a Medusa (predictable and slow building buffs). Now, this *might* too be considered a staggered 'ending' and an enhancement of his new kit, but it was labeled as a bug and corrected in the past.
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 302 ★★
    Mord said:

nOux said:

Mord said:

What are u forgetting that his ability description has changed.
    Previously it was stated that “When it expires” that means the whole duration of stagger needs to run out, while now it says “ends” that means when u apply new non-stacking stagger u ending old one and applying new one what causes this healing effect.
    Oh I'm not forgetting anything. I really hope it is not a bug, I'm just adding some background & tests. Precise wording in champions abilities etc is not something that can be said about this game.

Also, please note that when an incoming buff is prevented via stagger, regen triggers as well. I double checked it with a Medusa (predictable and slow building buffs). Now, this *might* too be considered a staggered 'ending' and an enhancement of his new kit, but it was labeled as a bug and corrected in the past.
    That sounds like what it should do, stagger is nullifying 1 buff and ends current stagger that causes in healing.
    nOux said:

That sounds like what it should do, stagger is nullifying 1 buff and ends current stagger that causes in healing.

I hope you are right and he can stay as is!. Well, maybe add back his fate seal too :)

• TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 240 ★★
    I hope they won't nerf his regen as it's one of his biggest positives from his buffed version. Even with that regen he won't be the to-go champ for most endgame content I believe.
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 302 ★★
    edited March 2
    As sad as it sounds but I dont think they will add back fate seal, because to many changes has been done to his abilities with this new bullet mechanic. In fights that opponents are gaining buffs rly often and fate seal would just give hood bullets like crazy so he can just use medium attacks and with a single heavy it would end those fights in the matter of seconds with this new burst of direct damage.
    -sixate- said:

I think he's different, not better. Better for some stuff he wasn't great at. Worse at others he was great at. So no. He's not better, this buff is a fail imo. Plus once all of his bugs are sorted he'll be worse than he is now. His regen seems wrong, I can load more than the max 42 bullets by gaining 3 bullets on heavy. So just parry heavy to start a fight to gain 56 bullets. Is his heavy supposed to gain 3 bullets every time? His description has no mention of it. Even if he can then why can I load more than the max 42 bullets? Plus I can go invisible while on cooldown, is this also a bug?

Exactly, I’ve seen bugs with 3/4 bugged characters so far. Hood as you mentioned, massacre is having igniting problems gaining charges when he’s ignition mode, and Civil Warrior isn’t refreshing armors for 20 seconds on special activation. When Hood gets sorted out people are going to be furious. Even those who would have traded his fate seal for the regen/bullet mechanic.
    ADDIS0N said:

-sixate- said:

I think he's different, not better. Better for some stuff he wasn't great at. Worse at others he was great at. So no. He's not better, this buff is a fail imo. Plus once all of his bugs are sorted he'll be worse than he is now. His regen seems wrong, I can load more than the max 42 bullets by gaining 3 bullets on heavy. So just parry heavy to start a fight to gain 56 bullets. Is his heavy supposed to gain 3 bullets every time? His description has no mention of it. Even if he can then why can I load more than the max 42 bullets? Plus I can go invisible while on cooldown, is this also a bug?

^ This.

He isn’t even the same champ anymore. That’s not a buff, it’s a complete redesign.

Let him keep the “bugs” in question and give him back his fate seal and he’d have a buff worth being excited about.
    💯! They do that and everyone is happy AF with this buff.
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 417 ★★★
    Yes
    nOux said:

As sad as it sounds but I dont think they will add back fate seal, because to many changes has been done to his abilities with this new bullet mechanic. In fights that opponents are gaining buffs rly often and fate seal would just give hood bullets like crazy so he can just use medium attacks and with a single heavy it would end those fights in the matter of seconds with this new burst of direct damage.

Not necessarily, after fate seal buffs won’t proc again so he will get an initial burst of bullets but you will still have to build them up for massive damage. In end-game I don’t think he would be close to OP. Add his fate seal and keep the current healing/bullet management and he’s perfect.
    nOux said:

It doesn't need to be that way. They could add back the fate seal and code it so the full nullify on sp2 won't trigger new bullets. It would give back his nullify utility at the expense of not being able to stagger any new buffs while fate seal is on (no bullet gain from nullify while sealed). Or just add a full nullify with no new bullets on sp2 and forget about the fate seal.

Other options have been shared - it's just a matter of Kabam willingness to modify him further (more dev time). Probably it won't happen though
  • AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 243
    Yes

• AleorAleor Posts: 2,736 ★★★★
    They only added some damage, increased regen and removed all utility. Fate seal - gone. Staggers - to short now for reliable buff control. Power steal - only with bullets. Invis - decreased (try miss on htd sp2, lol). He used to be niche reliable option for buffs heavy bosses, now he's only a lane cleaner
  • AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 243
    Looks like , I think i am only one who did act 1, 2, 3 ,4 ,5 ,6 7, 100% + all variants + abyss and i only used him againts 6.2 champion

Ill take 250k heavies from a r4 over fate seal all day every day. I can actually use hood in end game content now. He was near useless his noodle attacks before at least for me.

With this update i can use him more than before once per year againts 6.2 boss.