**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    ADDIS0N said:

Take the old hood, give him a 15-20% base attack rating.

As a bonus, allow him to stack up to 2 staggers.

Done.

It is the easiest solution, but I guess they wanted to buff him so people use him for more fights instead dooms. And his sp1 and sp3 are almost useless atm. He is a great buff control champ, but I would only be happy, if they take those sp1 - sp3 and change them so that hood becomes more than poor man's doom (nulify, stagger, power control, but doom is reliable and can chain heavy). You still could go with sp2 and have him like he was, or can go couple sp1 - sp3, if you're ok with lower buff control and want some extra damage instead. Even with higher damage he wouldn't be as good as doom, BWCV, symb, sorceress... Adding some extra would only benefit him
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

ADDIS0N said:

Texas_11 said:

zeezee57 said:

H

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

@Texas_11 it’s Hood today.
    May be your favorite champ tomorrow.

I’m ready man.
    BAM Elsa no longer reloads her debuffs and they cap at 1. But her incinerate has 500% potency and higher base attack! OP!
    That’s not quite the same change.

It would be more like Elsa losing her to utility say.... while bleeding she heals blocks opponent’s they remove that.
    That is no where close to the same as losing al forms of fate seal.

She doesnt take reduced bleed damage so it doesnt do much in endgame content.
    When is the last time you used hood? Not with ghost? What is the last fight you had with hood where you fate sealed the opponent and it helped because it wasn’t due to the stagger?
    I think the better question is when have you actually read a response in this thread? I've kept up with this all somewhat and your ability to ignore every point everyone has made and just keep going with the same responses is astounding.
    If you have been following anything you would see that I have agreed with several peoples post. He wanted to talk about Elsa Bloodstone ? That’s fine , I have no problem. But when we start discussing what it would be like it goes no where .

I have agreed rank down tickets are necessary.

I have agreed that the fate seal is not necessarily game breaking in his current kit.

I have agreed that it is unfortunate some people
    Got the short end of the stick.

I even agreed they could add it back on the SP3

I cannot agree that everyone was affected the same way, he is a better champ overall. It doesn’t make sense to have any champ in a 200k-300k fight for 8-9 mins. I watched plenty of videos of him pre buff and did testing on my own. There is not many fights in the game where he was a better champ. Maybe resistor node , maybe 7.1 , maybe a Medusa fight.

People were citing the champion fight and people were citing Annhilus and he handles both of those fights beautifully. In fact , after watching multiple
    Videos of the champion take down, there was ever hardly a time the fate seal saved you from The champion unstoppable, it was the stagger.

Dude, we get it.

You didn't like the old Hood because he wasn't Mystic Corvus.

We did because we saw the value in him as he was and used him a lot.

Just because you're not capable of understanding that does not mean we're wrong and you're right.

Give it up.
    My 6* Corvus is sitting at R1 and I have ranked up vision AA and Red Goblin before him.

I never said I didn’t like the old hood, I already had him at R2.

That’s the point I’m trying to make . One side is trying to tell the other side how to think, that’s why this discussion doesn’t work. If someone says it’s better, you argue it’s worse, everyone plays the game differently, so why is your opening better than mine or vice versa. I understand where you are coming from, I really do. I just don’t undertrained how you can say hood was better before . He now has uses outside of buff matchups , he still has a way to control buffs. He lost his fate seal, but I think his new kit makes up for it.
    Mystic Corvus doesnt literally mean Corvus. Smh.
    I understand that, but I have actually had the chance to rank Corvus and passed him over several times because I don’t cafe for him. But damage has never been my thing I have always said I prefer utility over damage. I always thought hood was underrated , but I never thought hood was a good champ to rank up, unless you absolutely needed him. I needed him so I ranked him up then the fights were so long i decided to use my 5* instead. I think there is a balance between utility and damage 1 all utility = Psychoman 10 all damage = Starlord.
    Then why’d you r3 elsa bruh
    Let’s just leave Elsa out of this round.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

ADDIS0N said:

Texas_11 said:

zeezee57 said:

H

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Denslo500 said:

@Texas_11 it’s Hood today.
    May be your favorite champ tomorrow.

I’m ready man.
    BAM Elsa no longer reloads her debuffs and they cap at 1. But her incinerate has 500% potency and higher base attack! OP!
    That’s not quite the same change.

It would be more like Elsa losing her to utility say.... while bleeding she heals blocks opponent’s they remove that.
    That is no where close to the same as losing al forms of fate seal.

She doesnt take reduced bleed damage so it doesnt do much in endgame content.
    When is the last time you used hood? Not with ghost? What is the last fight you had with hood where you fate sealed the opponent and it helped because it wasn’t due to the stagger?
    I think the better question is when have you actually read a response in this thread? I've kept up with this all somewhat and your ability to ignore every point everyone has made and just keep going with the same responses is astounding.
    If you have been following anything you would see that I have agreed with several peoples post. He wanted to talk about Elsa Bloodstone ? That’s fine , I have no problem. But when we start discussing what it would be like it goes no where .

I have agreed rank down tickets are necessary.

I have agreed that the fate seal is not necessarily game breaking in his current kit.

I have agreed that it is unfortunate some people
    Got the short end of the stick.

I even agreed they could add it back on the SP3

I cannot agree that everyone was affected the same way, he is a better champ overall. It doesn’t make sense to have any champ in a 200k-300k fight for 8-9 mins. I watched plenty of videos of him pre buff and did testing on my own. There is not many fights in the game where he was a better champ. Maybe resistor node , maybe 7.1 , maybe a Medusa fight.

People were citing the champion fight and people were citing Annhilus and he handles both of those fights beautifully. In fact , after watching multiple
    Videos of the champion take down, there was ever hardly a time the fate seal saved you from The champion unstoppable, it was the stagger.

Dude, we get it.

You didn't like the old Hood because he wasn't Mystic Corvus.

We did because we saw the value in him as he was and used him a lot.

Just because you're not capable of understanding that does not mean we're wrong and you're right.

Give it up.
    My 6* Corvus is sitting at R1 and I have ranked up vision AA and Red Goblin before him.

I never said I didn’t like the old hood, I already had him at R2.

That’s the point I’m trying to make . One side is trying to tell the other side how to think, that’s why this discussion doesn’t work. If someone says it’s better, you argue it’s worse, everyone plays the game differently, so why is your opening better than mine or vice versa. I understand where you are coming from, I really do. I just don’t undertrained how you can say hood was better before . He now has uses outside of buff matchups , he still has a way to control buffs. He lost his fate seal, but I think his new kit makes up for it.
    Mystic Corvus doesnt literally mean Corvus. Smh.
    I understand that, but I have actually had the chance to rank Corvus and passed him over several times because I don’t cafe for him. But damage has never been my thing I have always said I prefer utility over damage. I always thought hood was underrated , but I never thought hood was a good champ to rank up, unless you absolutely needed him. I needed him so I ranked him up then the fights were so long i decided to use my 5* instead. I think there is a balance between utility and damage 1 all utility = Psychoman 10 all damage = Starlord.
    Then why’d you r3 elsa bruh
    Let’s just leave Lsa out of this round.
    Fair enough.
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    edited March 2021
    Texas_11 said:

Guys, let's open another thread, called:
    "Nick fury persistent charge is INSANE!"
    or
    "Corvus Glaive's persistent charge is OP"

In such post we will enjoy how these champions don't have the persistent charge and this is a super good change for the champions gameplay:
    Nick doesn't need to lose his first life, he simply hasn't got it.
    Corvus no longer needs to build missions, since he will not gain the persistent charge

Then we say something like
    "Oh, I hope it's working as intended, can Kabam confirm?"

Voilà, Fix incoming in 24h.
    Follow me for further life hacks.

What do you think would happen? The entire community stays quiet and Kabam doesn’t discover that hood is now one of highest regenerating champs in game. Or you want everyone to invest in a game breaking bug not knowing if it’s correct.

It doesn’t work like this that.
    I'm not against kabam fort fixing an error that they made, I'm against kabam for fixing that error within 24h, where there are much more frustrating bugs that are more urgent than an excessive regeneration.
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    One point I keep seeing brought up is that the fate seal doesn’t make a difference against the Champion boss because he is immune to it, and to that point, it’s correct. His staggers were the key to that boss fight. His staggers, unlike those of others like Sym Supreme and Doom, nullify all buffs that activate at the same time instead of one buff per stagger. From my knowledge, the only other champs with staggers like this are Jane Foster and Juggernaut. Since the Champion can activate many furies plus his unstoppable all at once, Hood would’ve been an excellent option. Since his stagger is now shorter, he most likely won’t be able to control the fight nearly as well as before.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,237 ★★★★★

Can people stop saying they only fix things that benefit Players? You do realize they design the entire game right? That's the epitome of benefitting Players in that example. They're not picking and choosing bugs to fix. It just so happens that people consider anything imbalanced or game breaking as a benefit.

Nothing about Hoods regen was game breaking.
    It was overly-powerful. That much was clear enough for people to question it enough to come to the Forum and ask.

Can people stop saying they only fix things that benefit Players? You do realize they design the entire game right? That's the epitome of benefitting Players in that example. They're not picking and choosing bugs to fix. It just so happens that people consider anything imbalanced or game breaking as a benefit.

It was overly-powerful. That much was clear enough for people to question it enough to come to the Forum and ask.
    Not really, it was the only thing saving the update. Without it Hood has no redeeming qualities now. Both sides now hate the changes.
    There's a difference between game balance and popularity. Asking 100 people what they WANT to see, at least 90 are going to say more.

Not really, it was the only thing saving the update. Without it Hood has no redeeming qualities now. Both sides now hate the changes.
    There's a difference between game balance and popularity. Asking 100 people what they WANT to see, at least 90 are going to say more.
    Nothing about Hoods regen affected game balance though. The game wouldn’t have been wrecked to keep it exactly the same. I’m confident 25 champions at least have way more impact on the contest than his regen. Wolverine needs his regen nerfed into the ground then. With apocalypse he easily outdamages A fixed Hood who can’t generate bullets on call. The next fix.
    You think the goal of these revisions is to make them all God Tier?

Nothing about Hoods regen affected game balance though. The game wouldn’t have been wrecked to keep it exactly the same. I’m confident 25 champions at least have way more impact on the contest than his regen. Wolverine needs his regen nerfed into the ground then. With apocalypse he easily outdamages A fixed Hood who can’t generate bullets on call. The next fix.
    Where did I say even a pre-fix Hood was a God?
    I'm displaying a point. Everyone seems to be the foremost expert on what's too powerful and what isn't, but people don't look past the layers of one Ability, much less the whole kit, or even the entire game. It was more than the intended goal for him. The idea with these is to bring the lower somewhere closer to the middle. At least from what I've seen. Not to make older Champs the next best thing. As much as people hold out hope that older Champs will become that much greater, no company is going to reasonably buff the older material to be as appealing as the new additions. That would be counterproductive.

@GroundedWisdom what rank is your Hood?

Still sitting at R1. Been there a long time. Either way that's not the point I'm making.

Where did I say even a pre-fix Hood was a God?
    I'm displaying a point. Everyone seems to be the foremost expert on what's too powerful and what isn't, but people don't look past the layers of one Ability, much less the whole kit, or even the entire game. It was more than the intended goal for him. The idea with these is to bring the lower somewhere closer to the middle. At least from what I've seen. Not to make older Champs the next best thing. As much as people hold out hope that older Champs will become that much greater, no company is going to reasonably buff the older material to be as appealing as the new additions. That would be counterproductive.
    Sometimes I question your ability to read because literally everyone in this discussion except for you and @Texas_11 is in agreement that the Hood did not need a new kit. His old kit was jampacked with utility, he did not need an overhaul of his abilities to "bring the lower somewhere closer to the middle".

I promise you, most of us have looked through his kit and it's undeniable that the removal of fate seal, among other changes (reduced stagger duration, can't refresh staggers shocks fate seal on heavy, different invisibility mechanic, etc.), make him a completely different champion. If this update was given to a champion like Diablo, great. We would have all rejoiced that a terrible champion got an overhaul to his old, bad kit. The Hood did not have an old, bad kit however, as he clearly had his high level uses in this game with his impressive fate seal and buff control.

I would ask you the question of "How would you feel if your favorite champion, who was completely usable, had a whole redesign out of the blue?", but then again, it seems you never care to sympathize with others, so why would you care?
    Would I like it? No. Would I get over it? Sure. Things change in the game and there are many Champs in it. Life goes on, but that's just me. I'm not saying people should get over it. I'm not even saying he needed or didn't need a change. I'd say he could have used one because I never touch mine myself, but that's just me.
    I'm talking about the unintended amount of Regen. Not the L2.
  • RavenKeeperRavenKeeper Posts: 279 ★★★
    Hood is so much better now. You guys are insane.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★

Hood is so much better now. You guys are insane.

Without the redeeming regeneration, he is really nothing at all. The damage is still pretty mediocre, and he’s no longer among the best nullfiers. Is it the invisibility for you?