**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Grandmaster, from the POV of a scrub

Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,183 ★★★★★
I am not a player you would ever watch online, unless it was in blooper videos. I'm a a scrub.

That being said, if I can do this fight -- and I did -- anyone here can. Some observations:

-- Watch videos on the fight to understand all of the phases and their requirements. It's three fights in one, and being clear on what is happening in each phase is beyond crucial.

-- Save up revives and potions galore. I didn't use any units but I did put a hurtin' on my stash. To me, it wasn't about the one-shot at all, just winning. I did not care how many times I died. That's what revives are for.

-- In phase 1, if you can intercept a lot right away and get to the Wounded phase, you can get thru that phase in one cycle, two at most. I used The Champion with Luke Cage synergy, which makes The Champion an intercepting king (tip of the hat to Lagacy for the idea). Helped in phase 2 also.

-- In phase 2, focus on baiting the sp1 successfully. The easiest way to die is getting multiple blunders from his sp1. It feels like dexxing Iron man, but there is so much to pay attention to (his power, the prompts, your tokens, the defender) that you might forget to watch for it. Well, I did a few times.

-- If you're still reading this, you're likely the kind of player who, like me, hates reverse controls. They make me feel like a complete idiot. So I brought Prof X, one of the champs who can ignore reverse controls, for phase 3. IMO this was as key a decision I made as any.

Anyway, fun fight, and a good challenge.

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Very cool dude!

Like the profX shoutout too.

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,183 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Very cool dude!

Like the profX shoutout too.

Mr. Sinister also works against reverse controls.
  • ValmarxValmarx Posts: 521 ★★★
    I feel ya man im just like you
    Hoarding resources now before proceeding to Chapter 6.3 after The Champion.

I Ranked up all way my Professor X for this fight too
  • Doing my last path on him and I think he's bugged. I took down the node where he gets 50% reduced attack but it definitely isn't being reduced.