**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Immortal Abom on Redoubled Determination

Is this even funny? If the guy is awakened he can stack up to 12 poisons. Now poisons are getting attack boost twice. Not just 50% and power rate too. I hit him 2 times and he's at sp2. Wasn't confident on dexing and blocked and lol it killed me.

Not seeking options because it would be very very limited. Like quake ghost etc. this node needs to go in new aw map. Interaction is bs. Wish I recorded and we all could laugh here.

I'm talking about node 37 in AW.

Comments

• Options
    theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    edited February 2021
    I don't think there's a way to get around with this.

His poisons are self inflicted you can't just remove or get rid of them.

They're Boosting his attack by %1200 so this is not a problematic to you?

Attack whatever intercept parry do things it's fine. The damn power rate one hit one bar of power. Repeating:

ONE HIT ONE BAR OF POWER. Are
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Quake it
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I don't think there's a way to get around with this.

His poisons are self inflicted you can't just remove or get rid of them.

They're Boosting his attack by %1200 so this is not a problematic to you?

When you intercept him you get a fury, when that fury goes away his protect comes back and purifies debuffs. Problem solved. Not problematic at all.

Any poison immune can do it.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    When you intercept him the ebb and flow node fury expiring purifies all the self poisons
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

Warlock also works great, since he will constantly be healing from WP, warlock will reverse his power while under an infection AA also can work well since no immunity to bleed

Yeah warlock is a good counter, unless you run into someone not using willpower like I did, then the fight is super tricky.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Also don’t let him use his sp1, he will get poisons from it. Bait sp2, or use g2099 and spam sp1 he won’t throw a single special in the match.
  • Options

Warlock also works great, since he will constantly be healing from WP, warlock will reverse his power while under an infection AA also can work well since no immunity to bleed

Sadly no warlock but should've brought AA maybe he could work with some boosts.
  • Options
    Update. She hulk is not a good option. He keeps spamming sp1s because of the furies you have and he's reaching 12 so fast.

Yes he purifies everything when fury expires but he throws sp1 again. Basically using she hulk on that node is dangerous.

Thanks for the advice. I'll consider them next time. @Agent_X_zzz @Lvernon15 @BitterSteel @FiiNCH
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

Also don’t let him use his sp1, he will get poisons from it. Bait sp2, or use g2099 and spam sp1 he won’t throw a single special in the match.

This is the way to do it. I play that fight the same way I would play Emma frost if I needed to stay in diamond form. Don’t let him throw a SP1, you can control that with a few tricks. You need to push him to SP2 so that he’ll consume any poison debuffs he puts on himself automatically, therefore allowing you to limit/bypass the attack and power rate increase from the node. To stop him from throwing a SP1, don’t use any combo ending attacks and instead hold block after the 4th hit. It’s extremely rare that he would just throw a special straight into your block, I haven’t had that happen once. He’ll hit into your block a few times and then attempt a heavy attack, just dodge that and then do the same again. If you can use your own specials to push him to the second bar during that combo go for it. As long as his toxic aura is active from the SP2, he’ll keep clearing the poison effects from himself. Whilst this is happening you can look for an intercept opportunity to remove the protection. You just need to bring a poison immune champion that doesn’t apply a lot of debuffs. Iceman and Emma are the two I often use, but there are other options as well. I wouldn’t recommend captain marvel, but Hyperion can work if you avoid SP1.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    You can Quake him still
  • Options

You can Quake him still

You can but in higher tiers she’s gonna start timing out on ebb and flow I think, could be wrong but with willpower and protection it could be close.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

You can Quake him still

You can but in higher tiers she’s gonna start timing out on ebb and flow I think, could be wrong but with willpower and protection it could be close.
    Nope. I always quake him on that Ebb and Flow. Even Thing.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

When you intercept him the ebb and flow node fury expiring purifies all the self poisons

We actually place two iAboms. One in node 34 when there’s no Ebb and Flow so no purify there. But AA can just turn those poisons into free Neuros.
  • Options

You can Quake him still

Nope. I always quake him on that Ebb and Flow. Even Thing.
    Fair enough, I haven’t tried Quake out on it yet. I’ve been using G2099 and warlock
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Wouldn't ghost + hood synergy work ?
  • Options
    Patchie93 said:

Wouldn't ghost + hood synergy work ?

He puts acid burn on you with an sp3, possible, but you’ll take a lot of damage
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 737 ★★★★
    Wait for global to go down, Ghost, 30 seconds fight. Get the intercept, 1 l2 finishes it. One of easier fights on the map.
  • Options
    Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    edited February 2021

Is this even funny? If the guy is awakened he can stack up to 12 poisons. Now poisons are getting attack boost twice. Not just 50% and power rate too. I hit him 2 times and he's at sp2. Wasn't confident on dexing and blocked and lol it killed me.

Not seeking options because it would be very very limited. Like quake ghost etc. this node needs to go in new aw map. Interaction is bs. Wish I recorded and we all could laugh here.

So he is easily quakeable (long fight though) or you can use warlock, parry 5 times to build up your infection then play slow as he will be getting power drained.

If you ask @Kilganan nicely I’m sure he will share a video of him smashing it
  • Options

So he is easily quakeable (long fight though) or you can use warlock, parry 5 times to build up your infection then play slow as he will be getting power drained.

That’s only if they have willpower though. I place an I-abom on defence without willpower all the time, trips everyone up cause they bring warlock hoping it’ll be an easy fight.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    https://youtu.be/J-YNiaJMGic

This is how I fight him using Rhulk. Get him to a sp2 to activate aura and he's much easier to handle.

In this fight, I finished him off. I wasn't the first to attempt the fight.
  • Options

https://youtu.be/J-YNiaJMGic

This is how I fight him using Rhulk. Get him to a sp2 to activate aura and he's much easier to handle.

In this fight, I finished him off. I wasn't the first to attempt the fight.

Also good use of intercepting to make the fight shorter and to get rid of his poisons when protection returns
  • Options
    KilgananKilganan Posts: 12

That’s only if they have willpower though. I place an I-abom on defence without willpower all the time, trips everyone up cause they bring warlock hoping it’ll be an easy fight.
    I would like to point out that I have multiple videos of me soloing iBom on node 37 with Warlock, with and without Willpower. It is a super easy fight if you can intercept on the protection cooldown and only bait sp2, but what do I know I'm just your average MCoC player 🤷‍♂️

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp2bVdmgO8RSRK5as6hRUQQ