**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Device Incompatibility

Comments

• DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Seems Rog phone has the highest RAM option from 4 to 8 i think?

seems Rog Phone can handle MCOC as ''best phone for mcoc'' in term of searching.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Na, Asus Rog phone 5 ultimate goes up to 18gb of ram.
  • PappaBunnyPappaBunny Posts: 112
    If the majority of complaints are about Samsung devices, it is possible that the last security updates installed for those devices messed up either permissions or versions of specific files.
    Kill_Grey said:

Daddrieda said:

Na, Asus Rog phone 5 ultimate goes up to 18gb of ram.
    which is more than enough for years to go. probably that high to function with PC sharing. i recall ROG has some kind of an docking where it will mirror screen to the pc computer or something like that? could be why it's high.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

If the majority of complaints are about Samsung devices, it is possible that the last security updates installed for those devices messed up either permissions or versions of specific files.

Well not Samsung Specifically, Android OS Devices in General.

(My Tablet is an RCA and my Phone is an LG)
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    Since it's been over 2 weeks and there has been no acknowledgement at all of this issue, I'm guessing that it's safe to assume that it's the new normal and the devices that have suddenly been deemed incompatible won't be able to run the game again?

I've been letting my son sign into his account on my phone for the time being, but if his phone won't work with the game again, I'll tell him to find something else to do with his spare time.
    Carames said:

Since it's been over 2 weeks and there has been no acknowledgement at all of this issue, I'm guessing that it's safe to assume that it's the new normal and the devices that have suddenly been deemed incompatible won't be able to run the game again?

I've been letting my son sign into his account on my phone for the time being, but if his phone won't work with the game again, I'll tell him to find something else to do with his spare time.

We *May* have found the issue, it seems (like there other games) Mcoc has a New Requirement that a Device must have a Minimum of 2GBs of Ram to be Compatible.

Keyword May because this is just a Guess after a bunch of Players got 0 Help from Kabam and had to do our own Testing and Research...
    Unfortunately, not. My son's Samsung J3 has 2GB.
    Carames said:

What OS is it?
  • Tiger3_1Tiger3_1 Posts: 9
    Well my Samsung j7 pro has 3 gb ram..i have one mcoc app on the main screen and the 2nd one installed in the secure folder. Since 5th marxh my main id is not working with pause download error however when i go to the secure folder and login with my 2nd id i have been able to play the game. If i login to anyother phone with my main id i am able to play the game. As per Google's reply it has nothing to do with them and the app developer can only help me out however numerous mails sent with video's and there is no response.

Carames said:

What OS is it?
    Android 8.1 but as it turns out, it only has 1.5GB of RAM, so that must be the issue. I've told him to find a new game to play.

Big thumbs down on the heads up and communication from this "company"
    Carames said:

Carames said:

What OS is it?
    Android 8.1 but as it turns out, it only has 1.5GB of RAM, so that must be the issue. I've told him to find a new game to play.

Yeah my 1.5gb Ram Device has the Compatibility Issue as well...
  • LordMelLordMel Posts: 4
    i updated my device version and that actually fixed the issue
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,722 ★★★★★
    @Carames said:

Carames said:

What OS is it?

If your kid is below 13, technically under TOS, not allowed to play.
    He's 14. Thanks for your valuable input on the subject
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    My device is the Samsung Tab A 2019 model. It has the bare minimum of 2 gb RAM. Since this was discussed earlier, my tab has on average 700 mb of memory available when I login and mcoc on average uses around 300 mb. Max RAM usage for mcoc however shows 794.

Some official word on this would be nice and if the devices are now truly unsupported, please inform us in advance next time.
    Gonna buy me some ROG phone 3 and it’s good to go for years to come.
    I just feel for the people spending money on the sigil that are sitting there waiting for some kind of answers.
  • My device is the Samsung Tab A 2019 model. It has the bare minimum of 2 gb RAM. Since this was discussed earlier, my tab has on average 700 mb of memory available when I login and mcoc on average uses around 300 mb. Max RAM usage for mcoc however shows 794.

Some official word on this would be nice and if the devices are now truly unsupported, please inform us in advance next time.

And your Tab A 10” 2019 T515 (2GB RAM) has been working ?
    Think I pulled your model into my “bad” list earlier based on you initially saying App was not available in Store, but so then it did come back a day later (?) and you’re OK now ?

So not sure if anyone else who has Samsung Tab A 2019 (either 8” or 10”) are actually still having “App Not Compatible” problem or not (specs list either 2GB or optional 3GB for those models).
    LordMel said:

i updated my device version and that actually fixed the issue

Was it OS 6 before? Because there's the possibility they made OS 7 the New Minimum Requirement And the 2GB Ram Minimum Requirement.
    edited March 2021
    but it really doesn't matter because Kabam has an responsibility to tell us what requirement and what minimum requirement is needed to play this game. only saying '' Android version 7 and upward'' and '' ios 10 and upward'' is not enough. we need to know more. Since when was it our job to go Sherlock Holmes on this issue and many more???

this one is even crazy and i'm not sure if someone knew that the requirement list was updated?

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,582 Guardian
    edited March 2021
    Device Compatibility Support page for MCOC has been updated (says 2 days ago, or March 11).

https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052392992-Device-Compatibility

Still iOS 10.0 and Android 6.0, but adds wording for Minimum 1GB RAM under Android section. Which still seems insufficient according to all the device specs of those having problems.

Unless they imply that the 1 GB has to be totally not accounting for anything else the OS is using up already for running the device itself. Which MCOC should really be listed as requiring 2 GB then, because that is the only frame of reference people have when looking at the specs of their devices.

Note, the sister support page for MROC (Realm) Device Compatibility also has an updated date, but seems to still be same (iOS 13.0, Android 8.0 w/ 2 GB minimum, 3 GB recommended and not on a lower-bit x86 processor) as it seemed to already be listed as before for that higher needs “Realm” game.
    Daddrieda said:

but it really doesn't matter because Kabam has an responsibility to tell us what requirement and what minimum requirement is needed to play this game. only saying '' Android version 7 and upward'' and '' ios 10 and upward'' is not enough. we need to know more. Since when was it our job to go Sherlock Holmes on this issue and many more???

No one said it was alright for them to act like this or that our guesses was enough, in fact I've brought it up on almost every comment I made while Speculating.
    Daddrieda said:

this one is even crazy and i'm not sure if someone knew that the requirement list was updated?

The Website ones aren't Official and are quite old, but good catch on the Updated Support Page... Took them long enough (almost 3 Weeks too late)

Device Compatibility Support page for MCOC has been updated (says 2 days ago, or March 11).

https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052392992-Device-Compatibility

Still iOS 10.0 and Android 6.0, but adds wording for Minimum 1GB RAM under Android section. Which still seems insufficient according to all the device specs of those having problems.

Unless they imply that the 1 GB has to be totally not accounting for anything else the OS is using up already for running the device itself. Which MCOC should really be listed as requiring 2 GB then, because that is the only frame of reference people have when looking at the specs of their devices.

Note, the sister support page for MROC (Realm) Device Compatibility also has an updated date, but seems to still be same (iOS 13.0, Android 8.0 w/ 2 GB minimum, 3 GB recommended and not on a lower-bit x86 processor) as it seemed to already be listed as before for that higher needs “Realm” game.

Yeah I just checked both my Devices again and still considered Incompatible... (Including the OS 8 Tablet with 1.5gb Ram which according to the Support Page should be more than enough)

Yeah I just checked both my Devices again and still considered Incompatible... (Including the OS 8 Tablet with 1.5gb Ram which according to the Support Page should be more than enough)
    Was also hoping Last Night's Maintenance might have done something to help too, but Nope... Just Screw Us.

Now things just got more hassle and more work to do. How do we know what processor our phone is even running if it’s good to run mcoc? Since you mentioned x86 processor then it just came to my mind that it’s gonna be more research of an specific phone. It means we now need to look the RAM, what power it runs on such as snapdragon888 and so on and what processor it has.
    Daddrieda said:

Now things just got more hassle and more work to do. How do we know what processor our phone is even running if it’s good to run mcoc? Since you mentioned x86 processor then it just came to my mind that it’s gonna be more research of an specific phone. It means we now need to look the RAM, what power it runs on such as snapdragon888 and so on and what processor it has.
    The Processor thing was for Mroc, not listed on Mcoc yet