**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who would be the safest choice in another Hood like situation?

2»

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    WRIR said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

EVERYONE STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT IHULK RIGHT NOW.

I swear I’ll quit the game if they “buff” him. Everyone needs to act like he’s a top 2 science to protect him or something.

Yea, he's the Top 2 Science champ released in November 2020!
    #1 science champ released in the 21st century
    Honestly I kinda just want them to tune up his rage timer and degen counter so he's just better
    I would be okay with the degen counter being buffed, but (here comes the hate) I want the rage to stay how it is. It adds a level of urgency and aggression to the character that makes him incredibly fun to play IMO.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Groot

He’s completely fine. Same as his counterpart Kong Groot. Both great.
    Godzilla Groot is better
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Science:
    Cap America classic
    Mr.F
    Invisible Woman
    Hulk
    Any man
    Joe fix it
    Miles morales
    Electro
    Spider-Man

Skill:
    Agent venom
    Hawkeye
    Crossbones
    Black panther
    Black panther CW
    BWDO
    Elektra
    Karnak
    Moon knight
    Taskmaster

Mutant:
    Bishop
    Cable
    Psylocke
    Cyclops blue
    Cyclops red
    DPX
    Night crawler
    Beast of

Tech:

War machine
    Vulture
    Howard the duck
    Green goblin
    Red skull
    Ironman
    Rocket racoon
    Ultron

Cosmic :
    Air walker
    Captain marvel
    Khamla Khan
    Groot
    Superior Ironman
    Hela
    Venom pool

Mystic :
    Iron fist
    Guilly
    Diablo
    Dorm
    Loki
    Juggs
    Lady Thor
    Strange
    Mephistopheles

You think they are all useless or need an entire rework? I know I’m crazy, but this is next level. You sir, need to stop playing the game if this is how you feel.
    Do you have any of these champs 5/65 ? Would you R3 any of these champs? Are these champs not safe to rework? I’m just answering OPs thread . Am I not entitled to my own opinion?

I have
    Mr. F R2 6*
    Invisible Woman R3 6*
    Cable R2 6*
    You can have your opinion, I am not taking it away from you. My point, isn’t of which champions you named. But rather you feel the game needs that much of an overhaul. AND not every champ can be OP, the game would be boring.

I have a lot of champions ranked up. At this point I would need to hire someone to keep track of their rank.
    It’s not just me , Kabam is buffing 40-50 champs this year. As the pool gets larger , the need to have more champs at a decent level is important. Every champ doesn’t need to be a God tier; I ranked my any man and he is okay, better than what he was before , I use him when I can.
    Right, but not complete re-works. Which was the question posted by the OP. Not which champions need buffs. I apologize you didn’t understand the question. I’m sure he could have worded it differently.
    I'm sorry for any confusion my original statement may have caused. My question was for champs I never hear used in any serious or consistent manner. I am aware Ronan has his moments but outside of those one or two events, I honestly never hear about him in anything short of the usual "please buff" shortlist.

I just wanted to see who we wouldn't complain about if they were given a Hood like update/overhaul/tune-up and specifically named the ones I never hear about.

We've all that run of luck (and lack thereof) where we're pulling the "meme tiers" but when it comes to Iron Fist, all the Spideys, the Avenegers and Moon Knight, those are the ones I always hear about with rework ideas so that's why I didn't include them on the list. (personally I really hope they're all given some proper justice eventually🤞) so I focused on the even less mentioned, whos kits are so basic, that you couldn't make a mistake if you tried.

Hope that clarifies my intention.
    I understood what you were asking but @Texas_11 was thinking of any buff not just complete re-works. No sweat dude. There’s a few on that list that are OP in the right hands. I use my 6* duped r2 mr fantastic in war, not just a back pack.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Groot

He’s completely fine. Same as his counterpart Kong Groot. Both great.
    Godzilla Groot is better
    Yep.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Science:
    Cap America classic
    Mr.F
    Invisible Woman
    Hulk
    Any man
    Joe fix it
    Miles morales
    Electro
    Spider-Man

Skill:
    Agent venom
    Hawkeye
    Crossbones
    Black panther
    Black panther CW
    BWDO
    Elektra
    Karnak
    Moon knight
    Taskmaster

Mutant:
    Bishop
    Cable
    Psylocke
    Cyclops blue
    Cyclops red
    DPX
    Night crawler
    Beast of

Tech:

War machine
    Vulture
    Howard the duck
    Green goblin
    Red skull
    Ironman
    Rocket racoon
    Ultron

Cosmic :
    Air walker
    Captain marvel
    Khamla Khan
    Groot
    Superior Ironman
    Hela
    Venom pool

Mystic :
    Iron fist
    Guilly
    Diablo
    Dorm
    Loki
    Juggs
    Lady Thor
    Strange
    Mephistopheles

You think they are all useless or need an entire rework? I know I’m crazy, but this is next level. You sir, need to stop playing the game if this is how you feel.
    Do you have any of these champs 5/65 ? Would you R3 any of these champs? Are these champs not safe to rework? I’m just answering OPs thread . Am I not entitled to my own opinion?

I have
    Mr. F R2 6*
    Invisible Woman R3 6*
    Cable R2 6*
    You can have your opinion, I am not taking it away from you. My point, isn’t of which champions you named. But rather you feel the game needs that much of an overhaul. AND not every champ can be OP, the game would be boring.

I have a lot of champions ranked up. At this point I would need to hire someone to keep track of their rank.
    It’s not just me , Kabam is buffing 40-50 champs this year. As the pool gets larger , the need to have more champs at a decent level is important. Every champ doesn’t need to be a God tier; I ranked my any man and he is okay, better than what he was before , I use him when I can.
    Right, but not complete re-works. Which was the question posted by the OP. Not which champions need buffs. I apologize you didn’t understand the question. I’m sure he could have worded it differently.
    I'm sorry for any confusion my original statement may have caused. My question was for champs I never hear used in any serious or consistent manner. I am aware Ronan has his moments but outside of those one or two events, I honestly never hear about him in anything short of the usual "please buff" shortlist.

I just wanted to see who we wouldn't complain about if they were given a Hood like update/overhaul/tune-up and specifically named the ones I never hear about.

We've all that run of luck (and lack thereof) where we're pulling the "meme tiers" but when it comes to Iron Fist, all the Spideys, the Avenegers and Moon Knight, those are the ones I always hear about with rework ideas so that's why I didn't include them on the list. (personally I really hope they're all given some proper justice eventually🤞) so I focused on the even less mentioned, whos kits are so basic, that you couldn't make a mistake if you tried.

Honestly , Hood was probably the one champ. They have buffed 29 champs so far and hood was probably one of the more “this champ has his uses pull”

Most, but not all champs I put on my personal list have no relevance in any content. Ronan stun lock ability is good once every 2 years. Mephisto probably gets used for war defense , but most of those champs struggle.

Most of these champs don’t have kits , just some abilities thrown in their character. I personally believe a kit is really a new term for the forums and for Kabam as well, they are thinking through the small interactions that makes a champ good.

If you look at 2017 champs and below. Medusa , stark, vulture, hood, tasksmaster are some of the champs that had different interactions with their abilities to create an overall “kit” . Before then it felt more like “ bleed, posion, immunities etc was thrown in there to create a champ.
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Science:
    Cap America classic
    Mr.F
    Invisible Woman
    Hulk
    Any man
    Joe fix it
    Miles morales
    Electro
    Spider-Man

Skill:
    Agent venom
    Hawkeye
    Crossbones
    Black panther
    Black panther CW
    BWDO
    Elektra
    Karnak
    Moon knight
    Taskmaster

Mutant:
    Bishop
    Cable
    Psylocke
    Cyclops blue
    Cyclops red
    DPX
    Night crawler
    Beast of

Tech:

War machine
    Vulture
    Howard the duck
    Green goblin
    Red skull
    Ironman
    Rocket racoon
    Ultron

Cosmic :
    Air walker
    Captain marvel
    Khamla Khan
    Groot
    Superior Ironman
    Hela
    Venom pool

Mystic :
    Iron fist
    Guilly
    Diablo
    Dorm
    Loki
    Juggs
    Lady Thor
    Strange
    Mephistopheles

I have
    Mr. F R2 6*
    Invisible Woman R3 6*
    Cable R2 6*

I understood what you were asking but @Texas_11 was thinking of any buff not just complete re-works. No sweat dude. There’s a few on that list that are OP in the right hands. I use my 6* duped r2 mr fantastic in war, not just a back pack.
    Dude I’m a Mr. F fan , I used him abyss and in multiple fights , i personally think he is overall too dependent on high signature levels though.

Without a dupe I think he had about a 30% effective kit. With dupe I think that jumps closer to 45%. Max sig he then can access his kit 100% and becomes a beast.

His entire play style is based around his signature ability , and I’m not a fan of that. I do like his taunt and stagger though.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

After this hood situation, I hope kabam decides to make new champions of old rather then completely re-work their kits. I’d rather see Hood 2099, then re-work hood’s kit completely.

Same goes for every other champion.

I definitely agree with this in the case of someone at the level of hood who they would change abilities. Things like the Angela buff where they only add to her kit or like the magneto buff where they take a trash champ and completely change them are what we want. Not mixing the two and completely changing characters who are okay now.
    Crcrcrc said:

WRIR said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

I swear I’ll quit the game if they “buff” him. Everyone needs to act like he’s a top 2 science to protect him or something.

Honestly I kinda just want them to tune up his rage timer and degen counter so he's just better
    I would be okay with the degen counter being buffed, but (here comes the hate) I want the rage to stay how it is. It adds a level of urgency and aggression to the character that makes him incredibly fun to play IMO.
    I like Hulk. I think he has an interesting concept , I think they just need fix his stuns , and also fix some issues like I can hardly get a medium off and do a heavy without my rage expiring, which is frustrating.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Crcrcrc said:

WRIR said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

I like Hulk. I think he has an interesting concept , I think they just need fix his stuns , and also fix some issues like I can hardly get a medium off and do a heavy without my rage expiring, which is frustrating.
    I think he needs a new sig or the stuns to be doubled for sure, and the heavy is mainly used as a combo into a special attack to keep the rage going. THAT’S ALL KABAM. I really like him the way he is and I’m really hoping they don’t change him at all though.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Hopefully we wont ever have another Hodd like situation.

As for champs that need complete re-work, your whole list is good except Ronan. Dont touch him hes good as he is.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Groot

What if Kabam buffs Groot with more damage, but takes away his ability to shrug off debuffs 55% faster? The one thing I like about current Groot is that, and that could be removed in an instant.

Groot

What if Kabam buffs Groot with more damage, but takes away his ability to shrug off debuffs 55% faster? The one thing I like about current Groot is that, and that could be removed in an instant.
    That would be okay...
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Karnak, Beast, Cyclops, Ant-Man, Hood, Air Walker, YellowJacket, YellowJacket, YellowJacket, YellowJacket

DOCTOR STRANGE
  • General Br3ezeGeneral Br3eze Posts: 100

With the current controversy regarding the Hood, I was thinking of which Champs could have their kits completely changed since they are either so basic or unusable in this current meta, that ANYTHING would be a step up compared to what is currently available.

We don't need to include any potential ideas or suggestions, I just wanted to pick all of your brains to see who you think would fit that criteria.

For me starting off:
    Joe Fix-it
    Karnak
    Beast
    Rhino
    Ronan
    Both Cyclops
    OG Ms. Marvel &
    Captain Marvel classic
    Jane Foster
    Diablo

Ur forgetting :
    Iron Patriot
    OG + Sup Iron man
    Both Ultron
    DP X-force
    Groot
    Kamala khan
    Cable
    OG storm
    Texas_11 said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Science:
    Cap America classic
    Mr.F
    Invisible Woman
    Hulk
    Any man
    Joe fix it
    Miles morales
    Electro
    Spider-Man

Skill:
    Agent venom
    Hawkeye
    Crossbones
    Black panther
    Black panther CW
    BWDO
    Elektra
    Karnak
    Moon knight
    Taskmaster

Mutant:
    Bishop
    Cable
    Psylocke
    Cyclops blue
    Cyclops red
    DPX
    Night crawler
    Beast of

Tech:

War machine
    Vulture
    Howard the duck
    Green goblin
    Red skull
    Ironman
    Rocket racoon
    Ultron

Cosmic :
    Air walker
    Captain marvel
    Khamla Khan
    Groot
    Superior Ironman
    Hela
    Venom pool

Mystic :
    Iron fist
    Guilly
    Diablo
    Dorm
    Loki
    Juggs
    Lady Thor
    Strange
    Mephistopheles

I have
    Mr. F R2 6*
    Invisible Woman R3 6*
    Cable R2 6*

Dude I’m a Mr. F fan , I used him abyss and in multiple fights , i personally think he is overall too dependent on high signature levels though.

Without a dupe I think he had about a 30% effective kit. With dupe I think that jumps closer to 45%. Max sig he then can access his kit 100% and becomes a beast.

His entire play style is based around his signature ability , and I’m not a fan of that. I do like his taunt and stagger though.
    He gets the fight done. There are a lot of Mr fantastic supporters. I debated taking up torch r3 or MrF to r3. Torch won, both awakened. But MrF could be the next r3 science for me. He will benefit from the slight increase of attack.
  • DolanDolan Posts: 23
    edited March 2021
    I liked the changes they made to hood! If they want to listen to the people let’s go back to old school Thor, scarlet witch and dr. strange! Where was the understanding then?
  • OrdersixtysixOrdersixtysix Posts: 11
    Cyclops for sure