**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Abyss stared back... The average Joe story

MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
@Giuliameij

Just wanted to say thank you for your epic post below.
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/241113/first-abyss-run-for-an-average-player-my-abyss-story/p1

I went into the abyss 2 days ago with just under 6k units, 39 revives, 43 love potions, 64lv 3 pots and 15lv4 and 393 4 hour cav crystals, which netted me another 13 revives.

Finished with 1.1k spare units and 3 revives left over.

Aegon at sig 140, Heimdall (HUGE unit saver), Morningstar, torch and prox for the fury boost and combo shield.

I did it in 30 revives less than @Giuliameij with the huge pain points being:

thing - 13 revives (and I'm good at fighting him in war!!)
Imiw - 15
Mordo - 26(!!! The most!!)
Vtd - 12
Cyclops -10 (should have been 8..)
Collector - 18

Morningstar was not good for the cosmics bar CMM and cull, which most mystics can do. She was not ideal for cull either as with just 3 in MD she'd often get pushed to sp3. She also wasn't as helpful as say doom on mordo.

And the two I was worried about weren't problems;

Invisible; aegon plus resonate got her in 5 revives.
Cyclops; could have done him in 8 with aegon, if I had not messed up. Really easy to get 80 to 100 hits on him for each revive with aegon if you have Heimdall and save your sp3, and hold block immediately after combos.

The collector was not that bad and glad I watched more than a few @Lagacy videos on him as it really helped. Just nuke!!

So for anyone thinking of doing it, 6k units and 5/65 duped aegon will do it, plus torch for mephisto and Heimdall to save your butt... You can take almost anyone else, but really a mystic for the easy path.

I am NOT a skilled player and will do a post on that separately.. I rely hugely on suicides and heal champs (Omega is both!) to do content, have not 100% a cav EQ since it was released and have only 100% v4 and one run on 7.1 completion.

So if I can do it, I think anyone can. Huge shout out to winter soldier and venom for allowing Omega plus my auto fight team (Nick, quake, saber and Medusa for robots) to farm them for the last 2 weeks of Feb as well as Deadpool for the love potions. Saved me around 1.5k in units! Please kabam leave them untouched :-)

Yours

The average Joe

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Congrats!
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Congrats!
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Grats 👏
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Nice job! Glad my post helped you. It was the intention of it when I posted it. Thanks for the shoutout!
    Really curious about your rewards? Did you get something you wanted?
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★

@Giuliameij

Just wanted to say thank you for your epic post below.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/241113/first-abyss-run-for-an-average-player-my-abyss-story/p1

I went into the abyss 2 days ago with just under 6k units, 39 revives, 43 love potions, 64lv 3 pots and 15lv4 and 393 4 hour cav crystals, which netted me another 13 revives.

Finished with 1.1k spare units and 3 revives left over.

Aegon at sig 140, Heimdall (HUGE unit saver), Morningstar, torch and prox for the fury boost and combo shield.

I did it in 30 revives less than @Giuliameij with the huge pain points being:

thing - 13 revives (and I'm good at fighting him in war!!)
    Imiw - 15
    Mordo - 26(!!! The most!!)
    Vtd - 12
    Cyclops -10 (should have been 8..)
    Collector - 18

Morningstar was not good for the cosmics bar CMM and cull, which most mystics can do. She was not ideal for cull either as with just 3 in MD she'd often get pushed to sp3. She also wasn't as helpful as say doom on mordo.

And the two I was worried about weren't problems;

Invisible; aegon plus resonate got her in 5 revives.
    Cyclops; could have done him in 8 with aegon, if I had not messed up. Really easy to get 80 to 100 hits on him for each revive with aegon if you have Heimdall and save your sp3, and hold block immediately after combos.

The collector was not that bad and glad I watched more than a few @Lagacy videos on him as it really helped. Just nuke!!

So for anyone thinking of doing it, 6k units and 5/65 duped aegon will do it, plus torch for mephisto and Heimdall to save your butt... You can take almost anyone else, but really a mystic for the easy path.

I am NOT a skilled player and will do a post on that separately.. I rely hugely on suicides and heal champs (Omega is both!) to do content, have not 100% a cav EQ since it was released and have only 100% v4 and one run on 7.1 completion.

So if I can do it, I think anyone can. Huge shout out to winter soldier and venom for allowing Omega plus my auto fight team (Nick, quake, saber and Medusa for robots) to farm them for the last 2 weeks of Feb as well as Deadpool for the love potions. Saved me around 1.5k in units! Please kabam leave them untouched :-)

Yours

The average Joe

Congo
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    edited March 2021
    From a purely technical point I could probably do Abyss but honestly I am pretty sure this will ruin the game for me . This is something that would take hours upon hours of intense frustration. I understand some people enjoy this but I am definitely not one of them. Especially for such lousy rewards compared to the insane effort and time commitment. Maybe if they ever redid Abyss so they to your progress is saved after every battle and you can work it in it slowly for months at a time sure but right now? No thanks

But congratulations on making it!
  • GlassbackGlassback Posts: 378 ★★★
    Congrats mate! And lovely rewards too!

Well deserved
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Thanks @Glassback :-)

@JessieS I did it over 3 and a bit days. The champs I took in I don't use for general content, had the EQ stuff this month done that I wanted to and AQ was closed for the first day and a bit and was the last eat of the season. So I didn't feel like I was looking away champs or missing content. That helped.

Also aegon at 999 but really above 750 is just mental. Even the 5 million fights are done in 4 or 5 100 to 200 hit combos. And I really don't like long fight content! If you can do monthly cav EQ, you can do this :-)

(Most fights I did in 3 to 5 revives, with meph in 1 - wanted to feel him out, so tried him first, then was a joke of a solo for torch!)
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    congrats
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    Well done, mate.

Even if I had Aegon, I don't think I fancy the Abyss yet. Without him...? Maybe never.

Good pulls - I got Ghost recently too; so hopefully we'll both get the hang of her. Your suicides will work well for her, too.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    Thanks mags / @Magrailothos :-)

I can see why people say aegon is necessary. He's somewhat frustrating to ramp up on thing and you have to complete that process on Omega and quake, but once he is ramped up, he makes not only the content easier or indeed just bearable, but the play style easier as well.

Ignores block, no defensive ability, minimal to no evades and with the sp3 stun, a free 18+ hits when you need it most. Particularly if you simply accept that you are going to repeatedly kill him in the process and sink in revives.

I don't believe there is another champion that feels quite like you are playing on "God mode" even if you are only capable of parry, dex and 5 hit combos!
  • TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    Congrats. I'd use the tech AG on Ghost and R3 her. Great champ and justifies Thronebreaker without a doubt. But only do it if you know how to play her but it's just a matter of practice really.