**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Can you Cheese the SQ?

HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Credit to @_Sham_

“ Apparently you have to do at least 1 run through tier 7, 8, and 9. So do 25 Runs now in tier 6 but don't buy Caskets 6 now or you will be moved to tier 7. Just keep doing tier 6 and only buy caskets after 25 runs. Then try doing 1 run in each tier at the end once you bought casket 6.”

Would this Strategy Work?
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options

Why would you want to do this though?

It would be easier to get the rewards without having to fight at a constant higher difficulty because you would get all the Uru you need and them just go through the other difficulties once
  • Options
    Llessur said:

Why would you want to do this though?

Because if farming the later quests is too hard you would only spend units to complete it one time rather then spend 3 days constantly spending
    Exactly
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Ah I see. Lower level cheese :/

No fun for me
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    yes, but you lose rewards from doing higher tier things
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    yeah but you lose the rewards
  • Options
    Ksp_2099Ksp_2099 Posts: 735 ★★★
    I really hope this works because I don't think I can go beyond tier 7 as my roster is just not strong enough for higher difficulty.
  • Options

SWORD78 said:

Credit to @_Sham_

“ Apparently you have to do at least 1 run through tier 7, 8, and 9. So do 25 Runs now in tier 6 but don't buy Caskets 6 now or you will be moved to tier 7. Just keep doing tier 6 and only buy caskets after 25 runs. Then try doing 1 run in each tier at the end once you bought casket 6.”

It would work, but if you are capable of doing higher tiers on a daily basis, it would be better to just buy caskets as soon a you have enough uru frags.

I can definitely do the higher tiers but I don’t know if I can do it consistently because I suck at fighting Korg
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    Llessur said:

@Seatin
    @Lagacy
    @DrZola
    @Karatemike415
    Would this work? I don’t want to waste resources trying it but this could help save me resources.

I’m tempted to say yes, but bear in mind I’ve already screwed up my first entry by hitting Tier 5 instead of Tier 6.

@DNA3000 has the best take on this event in my opinion. I copy him in to see what he has to say, but I believe you only have to go through each Tier once to open the next one. So if you just get your 10 Uru from Tier 6 over and over, you’d be at 250+ Uru and primed to hit the higher tiers.

You’d then buy Casket 6, do Tier 7 and then drop back to buy Casket 7 and so on.

That seems to be how it could work. But I’d double check before I did it. If that’s your plan, no rush now—just collect feathers for a few days and see what pans out. Also, you can tell how hard Tiers 7-10 are by watching others and decide if you want Tier 6 repeats or Tier 7 repeats.

Those are my thoughts. If I figure out any more, I will let you know.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    DrZola said:

Llessur said:

@Seatin
    @Lagacy
    @DrZola
    @Karatemike415
    Would this work? I don’t want to waste resources trying it but this could help save me resources.

I’m tempted to say yes, but bear in mind I’ve already screwed up my first entry by hitting Tier 5 instead of Tier 6.

@DNA3000 has the best take on this event in my opinion. I copy him in to see what he has to say, but I believe you only have to go through each Tier once to open the next one. So if you just get your 10 Uru from Tier 6 over and over, you’d be at 250+ Uru and primed to hit the higher tiers.

You’d then buy Casket 6, do Tier 7 and then drop back to buy Casket 7 and so on.

That seems to be how it could work. But I’d double check before I did it. If that’s your plan, no rush now—just collect feathers for a few days and see what pans out. Also, you can tell how hard Tiers 7-10 are by watching others and decide if you want Tier 6 repeats or Tier 7 repeats.

Dr. Zola
    Thanks it’s much appreciated I’m just trying to build up my unit collection and figured if there’s an easy way I should take it
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Llessur said:

DrZola said:

Llessur said:

@Seatin
    @Lagacy
    @DrZola
    @Karatemike415

Dr. Zola
    Thanks it’s much appreciated I’m just trying to build up my unit collection and figured if there’s an easy way I should take it
    Good plan. Chill for a week or so and see what people figure out. You can hit multiple runs with your feathers then and will have better intel re: what works.

Good luck!

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    GyanemdjerGyanemdjer Posts: 80
    DrZola said:

Llessur said:

@Seatin
    @Lagacy
    @DrZola
    @Karatemike415

Dr. Zola
    Dr zola how did u mess up? its just one uru right??and some rewards.. can we run the same with tier 5 for most of the days and then do a run of the other tiers
  • Options

DrZola said:

Llessur said:

@Seatin
    @Lagacy
    @DrZola
    @Karatemike415

Dr. Zola
    Dr zola how did u mess up? its just one uru right??and some rewards.. can we run the same with tier 5 for most of the days and then do a run of the other tiers
    I bought caskets 1-5 and had Tiers 5&6 open. My procedural brain parts kicked in and I reasoned it made sense to run 5 before 6, figuring I needed to clear them ordinally.

Turns out I didn’t need to do T5. One entry that should have been T6. No big deal, but still annoying.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    SWORD78 said:

Credit to @_Sham_

I believe it does work, but just a note that if you buy Casket 6 this does unlock Tier 7, but you will still see Tier 6 (you always see the highest tier you've unlocked and the one just below).

Doing this also forgoes a lot of rewards, and if you're going to make the attempt to push through the higher difficulties anyway at the very end, you might want to consider inching forward. Buy Casket 6 and make an attempt on Tier 7 to see how hard it is. If it is too hard you can then back down to Tier 6. You will lose a feather if you cannot complete Tier 7, but if you can't complete T7 you have no hope of doing T10 anyway, so losing the feather is perhaps not a big risk. It depends on your risk tolerance there. If you complete Tier 7 successfully, you can then decide whether to continue doing T7 or back down to T6 if it is too hard or expensive.

Its a question of the guarantee of Tier 6 rewards or a reasonable chance at seeing if you can do more. You have to decide whether it is worth the risk to push upward.