**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

iHulk Guide Part 1

CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Yes, it’s finally here. The guide everyone’s been waiting to see. I will finally explain iHulk’s effectiveness to the masses.
1. Main Playstyle
iHulk’s main playstyle is quite simple, and nets you 7 rage going into Immortality even if the AI won’t cooperate. Here’s what it is: Do MM combos and just keep doing MM, Parry, MM, etc. until you are close to Immortality, usually like 30% is great. If you do not have your sp2, do MLLLL combos until you have it. If you do, do an MM combo, parry, heavy, but combo the heavy into the sp2. This doubles the rage and causes you to have 5 going into the sp2. At this point you’re probably very close to Immortality, so you want to do MM, MLLLM while the stun is active. You will go into Immortality at this point, so just do MM, MM, MM, basically maximise on Rage gain for Immortality’s duration. At this point the opponent is either dead or close, and the suppressions from the sp2 will keep his power low, along with the petrify if he is awakened. Unfortunately the petrify from the awakening only affects Ability Power Rate so it does not stack with the Suppression, but it still helps lower overall opponent power gained while you’re in Immortality.
2. Damage
I would like to think people already know he has high damage, but I’ll break it down. Each medium gives a 2 second rage stack and refreshes all active. Same with Special 1 and 2. They also provide a burst of direct damage for each rage stack on mediums and specials that stacks with rage. Rage caps at 25. As you might expect, he starts to hit hard at 25 rage.

This is unboosted with no synergies at a class disadvantage as a 4*. Almost 12 times the damage of his medium attacks as direct damage. Imagine what that's like at a high level, while I go look for a high level iHulk to test.
3. Utility
iHulk certainly doesn’t have much utility, but what he does have works well.
A. Petrify
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07FWKLfQQ3Y
(Courtesy of @fluffypigmonster)
His regen reversal is quite potent and easy enough to access. Note that this is available at every star level of iHulk, meaning he is a helpful option for ROL initial clear even as a 2*.
B. Suppression
At maximum rage his sp2 inflicts 14 suppressions. This reduces Defensive Power Rate by 70% for 15 seconds, which is very helpful considering his sp2 takes you into your maximum damage phase.
C. Gamma Charges with Degen
Degeneration allows iHulk to gain 60% of all damage back as Gamma Charges. This is exceptionally helpful on some nodes with unavoidable degen, and Prof Hoff says he’s degen immune, and I guess he’s kinda close.
4. Suicides
iHulk is very good with suicides. He is poison immune, using Coagulate and Willpower negates a lot of the bleed damage (or the NF/DP synergy) and recoil is stored as gamma, making it about as harmful as his medium attacks.
5. Bonus Notes
Backdrafts work well for him as they negate all self-damage, but that requires a very aggressive AI and for it to let you backdraft it 25 times in a row, so I don’t recommend it.
His stun from sig is kind of useless unless you have an insane reaction time, then it becomes very helpful. Just dash right when you see the word stun pop up, or ignore it if it’s in the middle of a combo.

One quick thing, iHulk completely ignores Power Shield, so he’s an option for a power drain fight on Power Shield, if that was to ever occur.

So here it is! My iHulk guide part one! I will have a second part once I get the 5*/6* that dives into as many nodes as I can do and specific uses, but here’s the basics. Please tell me if I missed anything you’ve discovered with him.

Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    why don’t you use your five star one for testing?

oh wait
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★

oh wait

I’ll get right on that

In 2025
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I love that people find champions that aren’t considered the top and just enjoy playing them. Fully respect the love you have for I-Hulk.

I’ve pulled a 5* on both my accounts now (I swear I don’t mean this as a brag), would you suggest ranking him as a useful champion or more of a “if you enjoy him” champ?

I love that people find champions that aren’t considered the top and just enjoy playing them. Fully respect the love you have for I-Hulk.

I’ve pulled a 5* on both my accounts now (I swear I don’t mean this as a brag), would you suggest ranking him as a useful champion or more of a “if you enjoy him” champ?

Definitely an enjoyment champ if you’re in act 6. (Although he has some helpful uses in act 7). He doesn’t have enough node counter abilities to go up while in act 6 if you’re looking for completion
    Crcrcrc said:

Definitely an enjoyment champ if you’re in act 6. (Although he has some helpful uses in act 7). He doesn’t have enough node counter abilities to go up while in act 6 if you’re looking for completion
    I’m definitely thinking of ranking him up and testing him out, but my main is usually restricted to more game changing 5* and it’s hard to allocate resources to those champs.

On my mini iso is such a struggle I was trying to rank up my storm pyramid X 6* for a month lol. Onto a 5* tigra now, so I’ll put I-Hulk on the list for after tigra! He’ll go nice with my I-Abom on mini too!

Thanks :) and good luck with getting your own I-Hulk, hopefully with one more star than mine!

Crcrcrc said:

I’m definitely thinking of ranking him up and testing him out, but my main is usually restricted to more game changing 5* and it’s hard to allocate resources to those champs.

On my mini iso is such a struggle I was trying to rank up my storm pyramid X 6* for a month lol. Onto a 5* tigra now, so I’ll put I-Hulk on the list for after tigra! He’ll go nice with my I-Abom on mini too!

Thanks :) and good luck with getting your own I-Hulk, hopefully with one more star than mine!
    Thank you! I’m saving the 5* nexus from this event until iHulk comes in the basic, so I hope I get lucky!
    edited March 2021

Thank you Crcrcrc, very insightful and informative. From my testing with my r5 5* iHulk, I can confidently agree with you that iHulk is the best science champion in the game.

Yeah better than quake by far. Quake doesn’t even have petrify
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Thank you! I’m saving the 5* nexus from this event until iHulk comes in the basic, so I hope I get lucky!
    Won’t that be an incredible forum moment when you post you get him! Looking forward to it :)
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Thank you Crcrcrc, very insightful and informative. From my testing with my r5 5* iHulk, I can confidently agree with you that iHulk is the best science champion in the game.

Yeah better than quake by far. Quake doesn’t even have petrify
    Quake is also a mere MORTAL 😹
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I already have 5 5*R5 (Quake, Void, Torch, iAbom, She-Hulk) and I just pulled CAIW last week after waiting for almost a year. I don't need him but I really want him as a S200 for Act 6 Exploration. He'll be my 6th then iHulk will probably be my last Science 5*R5 so I can bring the Immortal duo in quests for fun.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Monke said:

Crcrcrc said:

oh wait

I’ll get right on that

In 2025
    Better watch out. @SpideyFunko wouldve gotten to the final phase of the 6.2 champion by then
    You overestimate my power
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,101 ★★★★★
    I’ll lend you my 6* r3 strictly for testing purposes

OGAvenger said:

I’ll lend you my 6* r3 strictly for testing purposes

Oh wow, that’s beautiful
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,101 ★★★★★
    I will admit I was skeptical about him for a long time. Pulled him from the featured cavs when he first came out and he stayed at level 1 rank 1 for far too long. I had iso expiring and decided to finally level him up and test him out more and finally saw the light. He’s a beast and one of my favorite champs to use. I’d definitely like for his uses to expand out more but he still puts in a lot of good work
    OGAvenger said:

I will admit I was skeptical about him for a long time. Pulled him from the featured cavs when he first came out and he stayed at level 1 rank 1 for far too long. I had iso expiring and decided to finally level him up and test him out more and finally saw the light. He’s a beast and one of my favorite champs to use. I’d definitely like for his uses to expand out more but he still puts in a lot of good work

Honestly all I want is for him to get a bit more recognition from the community. Everyone overreacted when he was released and he’s been undervalued ever since. Once I get a high level one he’s going to be a permanent addition to my team.
    zeezee57 said:

I wish you could give champs sometimes, I just duped my 6* Ihulk again from another featured. He's got a degree of fun factor for sure but too many design flaws to be a worthwhile rank up. Kills me since he is fun and I have a science t5cc, just about 2 now. I'd love to send him your way since I have no doubt you'd appreciate having a double duped 6* in ways I never will lol in fact when I duped him the second time last night my neighbors no doubt heard some not so family friendly language. He's not the worst champ but he's just not a good one, we need justice for Hulk, Ihulk should be a monster in every way.

All I want is a damn apoc already, hundreds of thousands of 6* and 5* shards need to amount to something 😂

Haha yeah I’d take him in a second. Good luck looking for apoc!
    _Sham_ said:

Great effort and I admire your dedication but unfortunately he remains unpractical champ.

If they can just increase his charges duration and decrease immortality cool down he will be great.

You should try convincing Kabam to tune him up instead of putting so much effort convincing everyone else that he is good as it is.

We need a solid or beyond god tier hulk. So many Hulks in game and not 1 beyond god tier while he is most powerful hero.

For now he is unreliable especially for average players, I tried him several times in EQ but he dies after couple of fights

He’s not. I really don’t want a tune up. A rage timer increase would remove the aggression required to play him well, and that’s half the fun to me. This hulk is very good. You have to be open-minded though as he’s very different
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    Greta guide! Love that he requires an aggressive playstyle. If I ever pull him, at least I've got this to help me. He's one of the champs I'd love to pull out of the featured