Suggestion for 4 star shards hoarders

PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,342 ★★★★★
So, I typically don't open 4 star crystals unless I require ISO since I usually try to avoid expiring ISO. But, I recently tried to take Nick fury from R1 lvl1 to R2 lvl35 in a single go and I found myself out of ISO. The problem was it was not skill-mutant day and I could not get the ISO I needed. I could have popped the regular ones, but I could still end up with no skill champ. I decided to leave him at lvl 30 and take him up next lvl up cycle.

After that, I decided to but 20 of each dual class crystal just in case I run into the same situation. I can pop them whenever I want and its not a waste of ISO also. I had 100k 4 star shards hoarded, so it was easy for me. May be someone else is already doing this, but I just thought of it and thought it could be helpful for others too.

Comments

  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 1,504 ★★★★
    I have 1.5 mil PHC and had 60k 4* shards ( now 50k) as i took my CMM to r5 ..but i hoard them as much as i can to avoid expiring . Wish the game had no expiring iso mechanic.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,342 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

    I have 1.5 mil PHC and had 60k 4* shards ( now 50k) as i took my CMM to r5 ..but i hoard them as much as i can to avoid expiring . Wish the game had no expiring iso mechanic.

    My suggestion is to just buy them and not open them. You can open those dual crystals whenever you want to rank up a champ of specific class.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    At this point 4* dual crystals should be single class crystals.
    I can’t see how this could be game breaking at any mean.
    It would be a great QOL change, given the uprising iso problem.
    I need to open 10+ of these 4* dual crystals, when I want to take a 6* champ to r2. That’s at least annoying.
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,052 ★★★★
    I actually started doing this recently. I watched an mcoc vid, and someone in the comments had suggested this method. So, I started buying dual crystals and hoarding them for a later day. I've bought mostly cos/tech, because I'm planning on opening dual 5* for a bit, and my cosmic roster is lacking, but I do hoard other ones as well. This is a very effective way to almost guarantee class iso when you need it!
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 924 ★★★★
    Another thing I do is hoard the monthly login crystals. If you already have the champ you know you’ve got a guaranteed class type of iso when you need it.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 5,258 ★★★★★
    I wish I had crystal hoarding capabilities. I just open everything cause I hate red notifications.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,342 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

    I wish I had crystal hoarding capabilities. I just open everything cause I hate red notifications.

    I was like that before I hit cavalier. Then, I realized I cannot sell ISO every time they are about to expire and sit with no iso when I need them. Better to hoard that cry in forums.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,342 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

    Another thing I do is hoard the monthly login crystals. If you already have the champ you know you’ve got a guaranteed class type of iso when you need it.

    Good point. I typically don't have the new champs because I don't open the featured cavs or grind arena for the new 4 stars, 3 stars are enough to test the champ. Another thing I do is wait on the 4 star nexus crystals I sometimes get from phc. I pop open phc from time to time for the boost in the class advancement event(I have about 2.5 mill phc shards). You may not always get the class of your choice from nexus, but its better then completely random.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 5,258 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

    Terra said:

    I wish I had crystal hoarding capabilities. I just open everything cause I hate red notifications.

    I was like that before I hit cavalier. Then, I realized I cannot sell ISO every time they are about to expire and sit with no iso when I need them. Better to hoard that cry in forums.
    Yeah after becoming Cav my thoughts on hoarding some crystals changed.
    I think I have around 10k 4* shards atm.
    I didn't mean for the comment to be taken that way, it was just a observation on my end.
Sign In or Register to comment.