**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Let's realistically compare Domino to other mutants

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
I have heard a lot of you critisizing Domino, but I haven't seen anyone actually compare her numbers to rest of mutants. So I came up with this concept:

Enemy: RoL WS
Rules: 3 rounds:
1. Basic (MLH) attacks only, no synergies
2. Basics + any specials, no synergies
3. Basics + specials, any synergy you want THAT COMES FROM THE GIVEN CHAMPION. That means no horseman, no incoming synergies. Really just what the subject has (so for ex. Archangel CAN have Phoenix for synergy, but MUSTN'T have Apocalypse)

I do not expect Domino to win this, I really don't (one reason being Colossus, other being Apoc and many others). But I want this threat to serve as the most accurate comparison of damage capabilities of champions.

Please, if you decide to test champs this way, just write down numbers and try to put any screenshot proofs (should you have any) into the spoiler section, so that the discussion stays clean. I tried each round twice, but I leave up to you how many times you actually try. You can submit any amount of tries you want.

So here are my results from 2 tries:

Basics: 293/305
SPs: 172/144
Synergies: 86/53

I don't have Assassins mastery.

Comments

• Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Just one suggestion:
    Can you specify the ranking and sig of the champ used. I would assume a 6* r3 would give different results than a 5* r5, and sigs will of course alter results drastically.
    So perhaps if you specify those, then we can compare the mutants of the same rarity and sig, to really even the playing field
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Doesn't Omega literally win this by having a 0 hit win? It'd take time and patience but he can just sit there and WS melts eventually.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    She has awesome damage. But it's her lack of utility and RnG element in damage which holds her back.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Monke said:

Domino is the only mutant in the game that can simultaneously be at the level of quake and be at the level of Groot at different moments if you think about it hard. Let that sink in

I know what you're getting at. Domino with one Sp2 can get 3 crit bleeds ticking 5-6k. Getting to that Sp2, using it and then refreshing that with an Sp1 can realistically get Winter Soldier down in 20-30 hits. The thing is it's so unpredictable, domino has crazy potential damage, but it's unlikely to get 3 bleeds on a special 2, let alone 3 critical bleeds. It's only a 25% chance to bleed per hit.

• AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    Wow she does ROL well. That’s very special.

But seriously tho, it’s not that she’s bad. It’s that she’s no longer on par with the top tier mutants period. Her utility is unreliable and very poor overall.

I don’t really simply criticise her as a champ, but more where people place her in some tier lists.

She is NOT on par with magneto, colossus etc. Simple.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    My apologies everyone, I should have made myself clearer, and I also completely forgot about this when I made this thread. It is totally my fault, sorry.

People often critisize her for being too RNG. Yes, she is kind of rng. But if that is a major setback for so many people, I want to see how big of a deal that is on numbers.

Also I am fully aware that ANY champion with DoT effect on their basic attacks (AA for ex) will have lower amount of hits. But hits are a thing everyone can try. I can't really say "post your videos with time", that's too much effort for a comment on ordinary discussion.

I would like to ask you all which aspects should be measured in order to find the most accurate solution.
    Hits? Easily inflated
    Time? Uncooperative AI can be an issue, as well as SP length
    I dunno.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    The main part of her kit I like is that +1 second to parry she gets from Masacre. She also still pisses people off on defense, which is great.

That said, I just don't use her anymore. We're passed the damage-first era. It's fun to see, but it doesn't help if the node kills you 10 seconds in.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

My apologies everyone, I should have made myself clearer, and I also completely forgot about this when I made this thread. It is totally my fault, sorry.

People often critisize her for being too RNG. Yes, she is kind of rng. But if that is a major setback for so many people, I want to see how big of a deal that is on numbers.

Also I am fully aware that ANY champion with DoT effect on their basic attacks (AA for ex) will have lower amount of hits. But hits are a thing everyone can try. I can't really say "post your videos with time", that's too much effort for a comment on ordinary discussion.

I would like to ask you all which aspects should be measured in order to find the most accurate solution.
    Hits? Easily inflated
    I dunno.

I think a combination of Hits and Time is best.

Quake is an example of a champ that if you judge only by time, it'll seem way longer and worse than she actually is. But judge her by hits too and you can see her value. Also you can get champions who have longer playstyles like Professor X, who take a bit longer, but since you're parry heavying, they have value in how few hits you are using, as evidenced by his Abyss solos. If you judge Omega only by hits, he can do it in 0, but it takes a few minutes, so it's not as useful.

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    As someone who has farmed ROL literally hundreds if not thousands of times every month the past few months farming potions for a FTP Act 6 exploration run, Domino was by far my least favorite "high damage" champion to use. Sometimes she feels amazing, one sp3, 5k bleed and the opponent just melts. Sometimes you throw off an sp3 3 times in a row and you don't even proc a single bleed. Her damage realistically in ROL can range from 60-70 hits to literally well over 150 hits. The sp 2 isn't much better more often than not you proc 0 or 1 bleed that's not even critical. The range is just so frustrating I'd honestly rather just not use her for her damage. She has her uses for sure with the extended stun into heavy, there were a couple lanes in act 6 and 7 where she definitely shined but I used Mags, Colossus, sunspot, havok, prof x, even emma frost much much more often.
  • Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★
    People who hate domino must have really bad experience fighting against her in alliance war or other part of content.
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Kerneas said:

Hits? Easily inflated
    I dunno.

Time is by far the most accurate. Uncooperative ai affects hits too. But hits are affects by wether u use heavies or full combos, how many hits in ur combos and specials and dot as well.
  • Zura_1Zura_1 Posts: 188
    She is meh...main point is her unpredictability makes her less reliable. For act 6 or 7 I would choose other champs over her if I hv them.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Love domino. That 1 second extended stun with massacre is awesome. Make her a horseman and wow
    I would rank 6 on mutants now forgot about strife.

Aaaand this is why is "Domino haters" exist. Top 6 Mutant my ass.