**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is 6* aegon worth taking to R3 and awakening if you’ve 100% the abyss?

GarrettNGarrettN Posts: 1,092 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Obviously his current uses are limited but assuming there will be something bigger later, is it worth investing in him for the future?

Comments

• Options
    ThatKidAGEThatKidAGE Posts: 41
    I still think it’s worth it. Especially for Cavalier difficulty and even Act 7.
  • Options
    Actually that’s true about Incursions, now with the introduction of 6 star Sig Stones. That’s a good place to start.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    It’s not worth it.

AGs and Sig stones will only get more plentiful, never more scarce.

By the time the AoL-ish “new content” drops, 6* AGs and stones might be much more available. So if you’re ranking him up with that in mind, it doesn’t make much sense to spend these resources, for now.

I’ve had alliance mates take their Aegon up to R3 and regretted that decision as they don’t use him anywhere, and he’s a mediocre defender used only for diversity.

(I have a 6* Aegon, 100 skill sigs and a skill 6* AG, together with the T5CC. He’s not getting all of them... yet.)
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Personally I say no assuming you have a 5* aegon, I’ve been able to take my awakened one to r3 for months but haven’t, you don’t need r3 aegon for anything currently, 5* is fine, and as for future content, rank him when we know he’s good
  • Options
    naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    I have a r3 Aegon. I really wrestled with the decision to bring him up. I knew I wouldn't use him much and I don't.

As someone already mentioned a 5 star is more than sufficient right now. I didn't have one at the time.

What eventually led me to bring him up is the sheer number of skill t5 cc I have.

I have 2 full skill sitting in my inventory just waiting for Falcon to dupe or a Nick or a *ahem* Thor rags. That's in addition to the one used to rank Aegon.

In that at set of circumstances I would rank Aegon.

Otherwise, I'd just hold it. Neither Nick nor Falcon require a great investment of sig stones like Aegon does.

I don't regret my rankup but I think circumstances dictate rankups sometimes.

• Options
    Yeah i have an r3 aegon. I brought him up for prestige purposes. I know that is a weak reason, but the rest of my skill champs are pretty bad, and i had already used sig stones on him at r2 for abyss. I figured id sig200 him and he would help my prestige for a long time. Which he is. Do i use him at all? no. maybe for a few 7.1 paths. He sits waiting for content he can be relevant in.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    If you have a 5* at max sig I see no reason why you should take a 6* to max sig. I’d put your sig stones into someone else.
  • Options
    edited March 2021

I still think it’s worth it. Especially for Cavalier difficulty and even Act 7.

why would u use him for cav difficulty unless u had a small roster? Also, @Masterpuff r3ed his and I'm pretty sure he really likes him although he is also done with abyss.
    I use my 5 star R5 200 sig Aegon for Cav difficulty sometimes. Not in the Skill one but anywhere else that he’s needed.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    I took mine up for 100%ing abyss. Which I don’t regret, I didn’t have the 5* and the R3 made it less painful. But I haven’t used him anywhere since I did abyss. So my advice would be no to be honest