**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

wasp appreciation thread

That one champ where a lot of people bring ghost with
but barely use unless you got ghost knocked out probaby
what I appreciate about wasp is that she helped me with an interception and her playstyle is very fun with the unconventional combo heavy which very few champs can do without risking an interruption from the defender. Also, her sp2 and sp3 are very fun to play with and she has aar on her sp1 and her animations are very smooth.

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Another appreciation thread!
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Gotta admit I never bring her into a quest for anything but a helpful hand when Ghosting, but once she's in that quest, my R5 works well where I need her to.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Too flimsy for me.
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,066 ★★★★★
    Just watched @BeroMan s video on her. Pretty crazy
  • hermherm Posts: 415 ★★
    a lot of ppl seem to underestimate her potential. she can gain rly random immunities (Idk how to control it rn but ik its there), she can hit like a freaking truck, she's the queen of aegis, and she has easy access to concussion. She probably gets overlooked due to her and ghost being released at the same time, but they're both great champs
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Ye
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    I'd appreciate her more if she wasn't so flimsy, but I do agree that her utility is very underrated, she has access to the strongest petrify in the game, interesting situational immunities, a nice stun through combo, among a few others things.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

I'd appreciate her more if she wasn't so flimsy, but I do agree that her utility is very underrated, she has access to the strongest petrify in the game, interesting situational immunities, a nice stun through combo, among a few others things.

Too flimsy for me.

No need to even block once if you play her right. I have a r4 wasp with no ghost.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    Took mine to r5, #NotJustForSynergy #NoRegrets
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,345 ★★★★★
    herm said:

a lot of ppl seem to underestimate her potential. she can gain rly random immunities (Idk how to control it rn but ik its there), she can hit like a freaking truck, she's the queen of aegis, and she has easy access to concussion. She probably gets overlooked due to her and ghost being released at the same time, but they're both great champs

Great for nodes like Icarus, Rising Sun, and Life Cycle as well as Aegis: Heavy.
    Also a great partner to Havok, as well as Ghost.

As for her immunities - she shrugs off all DoT debuffs except bleed when she Evades. Which is quite often, once she's Awakened.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    New member I've never heard of?
    Kill_Grey said:

I think they used to be unknown traveller or something?

Kill_Grey said:

Oh...

I wondered what happened to that guy.
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Oh...

I wondered what happened to that guy.
    I might be wrong tho😂
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,987 ★★★★★
    I’ve honestly been debating taking my duped wasp to r2 (and potentially r3), so this thread hit at a great time. I’m about to form a science t5cc and don’t have anybody I’m terribly eager to use it on (already have an r3 Torch). Would y’all recommend her for an r3?
    Wicket329 said:

I’ve honestly been debating taking my duped wasp to r2 (and potentially r3), so this thread hit at a great time. I’m about to form a science t5cc and don’t have anybody I’m terribly eager to use it on (already have an r3 Torch). Would y’all recommend her for an r3?

Surely.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I like using her as a mob killer. I tend to use her for easy fights over Ghost. Will probably r2 eventually, but I'm not doing AQ rn so that's a long backlog of rankups.
  • CreeseazCreeseaz Posts: 277
    Wicket329 said:

I r3d her recently no regrets
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★

I took her to R3 unduped. My R3 Ghost and Wasp go pretty much everywhere with me. Wasp hits hard and is super fun to play, great synergies. No regrets here.
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    Unduped Wasp with Ghost is already good off the bank to R5/R2 if u dont have any other good science to rank up.

Duped, with Havok synergy is a no brainer imho.

Feel she's too squishy on her block? Just pair her with Guardian and Psycho Man ( the emotions guy) and that will give her pretty good block proficiency.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    How reliable is her purification anyways?
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited March 2021
    I took her to R3 for Thronebreaker title and have actually been surprised how good she is/how often I use her. I love her heavies and she did work on Mangog this month and on the Science quest! :) She wasn't the champ I was excited to take to R3, but I definitely think the title was worth it. Getting close to forming a Cosmic to take up Corvus! 😊
  • SolvseusSolvseus Posts: 77
    My first 6. Good synergy with 5* Havoc and IMIW. Have a 5* Ghost and YJ I need to rank up now too. Love watching the enemy’s health drain after she auto-stings.

Unduped Wasp with Ghost is already good off the bank to R5/R2 if u dont have any other good science to rank up.

Duped, with Havok synergy is a no brainer imho.

Feel she's too squishy on her block? Just pair her with Guardian and Psycho Man ( the emotions guy) and that will give her pretty good block proficiency.

What does psycho man give?

Also yeah, I've got a ghost and havok at rank 5, now just waiting patiently for a 5*/6* wasp.