**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Help with Domino? [Titled edited for clarity]

Mr_Holl87Mr_Holl87 Posts: 334 ★★★
edited March 2021 in General Discussion
I took Domino into the Cavelier EQ for the mutant path and just fought Nick Fury. I've noticed lately that Dom seems to be a little bit... Soft. Her damage output and the debuffs she applies to her opponents are drastically lower than they should be.

Launching a special 2 on NF while he has Unlucky, Dom has Lucky failed to crit for any attacks of the special 2 as well as failed to inflict bleed damage, let alone critical bleed damage. I understand that these are NOT guaranteed chances, but with both Lucky and Unlucky active, the odds are really stacked in her favor, so to not land a single critical hit or a bleed debuf of any kind is unusual.

The thing that worries me is that this didn't happen just once. I threw and landed at least FIVE special 2's in that fight and every single one of them failed to do any crits or bleeds. All of them were launched when NF had Unlucky and some of them when Dom had Lucky active. This has been an issue in multiple fights lately.

So I went to view her character sheet in game to refresh my knowledge and I noticed her kit never says anything about critical bleed anywhere in it. It shows Critical Bleed on the little side bar but when you click on the abilities to read them in depth, it's not there.

The issues with Dom don't stop there either, I've noticed an overall massive decrease in her damage output. She crits less often and not nearly as hard as she used to. I used to throw special 2 and expect to see 15k - 25k hits in those big yellow numbers. Now I see maybe 8k if I'm lucky. On top of that her base attack from basic hits rarely crit and deal incredibly low damage, around 400 damage per hit, sometimes as low as 150. Extremely low base attack coupled with a seemingly weakened ability to land crits and Domino is just simply not dealing any damage.

Lastly, (I wrote this down in my phone when I first noticed it over a month ago) her Critical Failure is failing. It DOES activate and the little words pop up next to my opponent saying "Critical Failure" and they do suffer a little bit of damage, but fighting a Spider-Man for example, he'll literally evade my attacks at the same time Critical Failure activates. He takes the damage from the sig ability, but he STILL evades despite "failing" the evade. This has happened with power gain champs, healing champs, evade champs and more. They all still take the damage but the defensive ability they triggered fails to be shut down.

My Domino is a five star 5/65 and sig 200. I use her nonstop for EQ content and until last month at least, none of these issues existed.

So my question is: Did Domino get nerfed? Or are ALL these things added up just one big massive bug? (Unlikely) If this is intentional, was there ANY indication of this in any kind of update notes, roadmap, anything? Anything at all? I could be wrong but sadly, as someone who has been playing Domino as one of my main questers for over a year completely maxed out, this screams of a silent nerf to me. I hope I'm wrong but the evidence is so heavily stacked against it.

Anybody else notice any of this? Any thoughts or advice? Did I miss something, again maybe in some patch notes or something? Is there any kind of explanation to why Domino is suddenly so useless?

I'd appreciate the help and feedback. Thanks guys!
Post edited by Kabam Boo on

Comments

• Options
    EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    Probably bad luck, maybe post a video?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,031 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    No she hasn't been nerfed. It's ok to ask about possible issues with a champ but never in Kabams history has a champ been nerfed without some sort of announcement. Stop calling this type of perceived issue a nerf.

All of Domino's abilities are RNG based. Lots of people have had the same thing happen.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    Lol that's literally just how domino works, I've had Domino at rank 5 for longer than you have and it's one of the reasons she's one of my least favorite champions to play without synergies. I regularly go 5 sp2s in ROL with no bleeds, I've gone 4 sp3's in a row without proccing a single bleed much less a crit bleed. She is so RNG reliant for her damage you absolutely will go stretches where she feels like an aboslute noodle unless you just parry heavy sp3 with a full synergy team
  • Options
    Mr_Holl87 said:

No she hasn't been nerfed. It's ok to ask about possible issues with a champ but never in Kabams history has a champ been nerfed without some sort of announcement. Stop calling this type of perceived issue a nerf.

All of Domino's abilities are RNG based. Lots of people have had the same thing happen.

If she had a silent nerf you wouldn't know she was nerfed because it wouldn't have been mentioned by the devs. I'm not here to attack Kabam but they have silently nerfed champs in the past if I remember correctly. "Stop calling this type of perceived issues a nerf" Have I done this before? What are you referring to? My whole post is about pointing what IS happening, it's not perceived it's what truly IS happening and ASKING if it is a nerf or just dumb luck. Your comment is condescending and not helpful.
    In general, when the a community member doesn't understand what's happening to a champ, they come here and ask if said champ has been silently nerfed. Again, Kabam in 6+ years has never silently nerfed any champion in this game. So no, you aren't remembering correctly.

If you are concerned about how a certain champion is performing, ask about it all you want. Don't call something a nerf when you have zero definitive proof. Besides that, it's 100% more of a chance there's a bug with something or said Champ.

Just like I said, you admitted and others saying the same thing, Domino's abilities are RNG based. You have just haven't had everything line up like you've had it the past. This is how she works.
  • Options
    Greekhit said:

Domino is the best candidate to get a silent nerf from all champs, since she has not specifically numerical chances on triggering abilities.
    I’m not aware if she got rebalanced recently, but I can guarantee you that her critical bleed chance was silently nerfed on November 19 update.
    I had a Domino 5/65 sig200 since May 19.
    I was using her to farm potions on ROL WS, using the same synergies and same masteries and had done hundreds or maybe even couple of thousands fights on him.
    After November 19 update, she was pulling her big critical bleed (14.7k per tick with my masteries) way less often.
    Nowadays I haven’t tested her against WS cause I use AA as a farming machine, but the biggest critical bleed I have seen on other content is the 7-8k one.
    I have to pull the 14.7k for months personally.
    Also I’ve noticed her critical rate is decreased over time.

And here you have a prime example of someone calling a silent nerf because they haven't had one of her abilities proc in a while. Zero screenshots, videos, data, anything. Just words and feelings. No wonder this stupid idea of silent nerfs keeps circulating.
  • Options
    Boss_Starling_217_Boss_Starling_217_ Posts: 204 ★★
    Mr_Holl87 said:

I have THREE short videos that show Critical Failure failing, each against a different evade champ. All three champs took the critical failure and evaded anyway. However, I apparently t upload videos without a URL so I have these two screenshots from two of the videos. The screenshots show the champs proccing evade at the same time critical failure is activated.

Proof enough?
    can

Putting her on the bench will solve all of your problems.
  • Options
    Mr_Holl87 said:

I have THREE short videos that show Critical Failure failing, each against a different evade champ. All three champs took the critical failure and evaded anyway. However, I apparently t upload videos without a URL so I have these two screenshots from two of the videos. The screenshots show the champs proccing evade at the same time critical failure is activated.

Proof enough?
    can

You have to have Unlucky to make evade fail. Critical Failure won't prevent evade.

• Options

Mr_Holl87 said:

Proof enough?
    can

You have to have Unlucky to make evade fail. Critical Failure won't prevent evade.

So she wasn't even being used properly. Lol.
  • Options
    Mr_Holl87 said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

Proof enough?
    can

I shouldn't have to bench her, she should function the way she was designed and the reason I dumped all the resources into her. If one of your top champions stopped working would you just stop using them or would you ask for answers and a resolution?
    She still works you're just using her wrong. There are way better champs then her anyways.
  • Options
    EgretM4EgretM4 Posts: 172 ★★
    I did notice in incursions yesterday in most cases the damage was normal but sometimes non crits were crazy low 100-200 damage. Their wasn’t any nodes that would affect it that I remember. She’s 5/65 so I don’t think that low of damage is ever normal. Idk but I did actually say wtf is going on here. I haven’t used her extensively but never saw her do this in the couple months I’ve been using her.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021

Mr_Holl87 said:

Proof enough?
    can

Shouldn’t there be no crit failure then? If no ability failed then why is there a crit failure. I think because of dominoes 15% reduction. Imagine instead of an evade, domino had hit an opponent, they’d got an armour buff and still critical failure had triggered. That would be bugged surely? .
  • Options
    Mr_Holl87 said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

Proof enough?
    can

Okay, that's fair. I can give you that. But from those same videos I took I can show you screenshots where they DO have Unlucky AND Critical Failure and they still evade. Exact same videos these screenshots are from.
    Critical Failure has nothing to do with the evade. It only procs when an ability fails to activate. MCOC champs that you are dueling have basic mastery's and you are preventing something from activating in the above screenshots.

If you have the videos of unlucky and evade then post them. It's still not a nerf and would be a bug.
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Only cancels evade when unlucky
  • Options

Mr_Holl87 said:

Proof enough?
    can

This is usually the case.
  • Options
    Mr_Holl87 said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

Proof enough?
    can

Yes she was actually, Read my reply about Unlucky and Crit Failure. She applied both in the same videos and they STILL evade.
    Well if there's a video that shows evasion while under crit failure that's different of course. It's just that there's no crit failure in the images.
  • Options
    Mr_Holl87 said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

Proof enough?
    can

I shouldn't have to bench her, she should function the way she was designed and the reason I dumped all the resources into her. If one of your top champions stopped working would you just stop using them or would you ask for answers and a resolution?
    She still works you're just using her wrong. There are way better champs then her anyways.
    So the way I understand it I was "using her wrong" for over a year but it still worked out and had no issues, but now all of a sudden I'm the problem and don't know how to use her?? That makes NO sense dude.
    Mr_Holl87 said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

Proof enough?
    can

So the way I understand it I was "using her wrong" for over a year but it still worked out and had no issues, but now all of a sudden I'm the problem and don't know how to use her?? That makes NO sense dude.
    Then I assume the image sent is misleading. I'd just

Mr_Holl87 said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

Proof enough?
    can

Yes she was actually, Read my reply about Unlucky and Crit Failure. She applied both in the same videos and they STILL evade.
    Well if there's a video that shows evasion while under crit failure that's different of course. It's just that there's no crit failure in the images.
    Unlucky I meant. Not critical failure.