**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How feasible would it be to trade in sig stones?

FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I’m sure I’m not alone when I say I’m sitting on a considerable amount of 4* sig stones/sig crystals (I bet some people could put my hoard to shame).

I could dump all these into my 4* champs, but I don’t see the point. I’ve already maxed sig’d all the 4* champs I want to, and I’m not bothered at all about building up my 4* roster. I feel the game had long moved past 4*’s.

Like we can do with quest crystals, it would be great if Kabam implemented a way to trade in 4* crystals for higher rarity sig crystals.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

I’m sure I’m not alone when I say I’m sitting on a considerable amount of 4* sig stones/sig crystals (I bet some people could put my hoard to shame).

I could dump all these into my 4* champs, but I don’t see the point. I’ve already maxed sig’d all the 4* champs I want to, and I’m not bothered at all about building up my 4* roster. I feel the game had long moved past 4*’s.

Like we can do with quest crystals, it would be great if Kabam implemented a way to trade in 4* crystals for higher rarity sig crystals.

No that would actually break the game
  • Options
    SWORD78 said:

FiiNCH said:

Would that not depend on the size of the trade? 100 4* sig crystals for 10 or 20 5* sig crystals wouldn’t be game breaking at all IMO.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★
    You say that, until kabam makes more 4* only content like parts of variant 4. Or a 4* only arena or event. Also, just use them for item use points.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Honestly I’d just open them and max sig as many as you can and increase your chances of pulling a max sig crystal
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    I think the benefit of having all those is that you can dump them into all of your 4* champs, and get a much larger amount of max sig crystals when actually opening the champs, giving more 5* shards and more 5* champs. Honestly, if I were you, I would do that asap. If you wait until you naturally max sig all the champs, then the sig stones go to waste. Not a perfect solution, but the one given in game.
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

SWORD78 said:

FiiNCH said:

Would that not depend on the size of the trade? 100 4* sig crystals for 10 or 20 5* sig crystals wouldn’t be game breaking at all IMO.

4*s no but then you’d have people trading in 5* Sig Stone Crystals for 6* Sig Stone Crystals and then it would break the game because they are very valuable. And maybe if they just did it by adding 4* Sig stones into 5* Sig stones you’ll run into the same problem and will ask to make them into 6* Sig stones
  • Options
    Was just putting the feelers out there but I understand everyone’s points 👍🏻
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I've just been dumping all my four star sig stones to get all my four stars up to max sig. More max sig champs=more max sig crystals=more five star shards.
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I burn mine for item use points
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian

I've just been dumping all my four star sig stones to get all my four stars up to max sig. More max sig champs=more max sig crystals=more five star shards.

That's what I do with them. That, and since 4* challenges probably aren't going away I tend to pour them into champs I might one day use in that kind of content.

Until they are all max sig and generating max sig crystals for me, there's no such thing as too many 4* sig crystals.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    FiiNCH said:

SWORD78 said:

FiiNCH said:

I don't know if it would be game breaking, but it would break something. Right now the amount of 4* sig stones we get is predicated on the assumption that we can only use them on 4* champs. So low players get very few, and we get more of them as we get higher. I get a lot of them. But if the devs have to consider the fact that you could be using them to sig up your 4* champs *or* you could be trading them in for 5* sig stones, they would have to limit your access to 4* sig stones much more than they do now. Which would hurt all the players using them to actually sig up 4* champs.

If you think 20 5* sig stones is more valuable than 100 4* sig stones and thus worth the trade, you have to assume the devs also will believe 20 5* sig stones are more valuable than 100 4* sig stones, and by extension if the trade is allowed to happen all the 4* sig stones in the game would now more valuable, and thus everyone would need to get less of them.
  • Options
    Six_strings6Six_strings6 Posts: 223 ★★
    I feel like it would be gamebreaking simply because loads of top players will have thousands of these crystals since they maxed out their 4 stars long ago. They can trade them in for so many sig stones and break the prestige race