**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Quake practice help

IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
edited March 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I currently have my 5* quake at rank 4. I have been practicing her, and I think I can get a hang of her with a little more practice. Any quake masters have any tips or guides that I can use to get better? What should be my goal with practicing quake before I put her on my team?
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    PapdichaatPapdichaat Posts: 86
    edited March 2021
    I’m not a master but I can play her well,
    doing lots of arena helps,

Because you fight such a variety of champs that you become more familiar with the animations of almost any champ and you will be able to distinguish the difference between the end of a combo being light or medium.

This could make you a better quake player.
    Also keep your eye on the opponents animations
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I just kept quaking WS. Doing big health pools help & just trial and error
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I practiced on WS. It's a long, boring fight and not very aggressive, but gives you lots of time to practice without much stress. Plus, you can back out and restart if you die for only 1 energy and keep on practicing.

Personally, I skipped quake and bake (parry)and just went for quake and shake (dex). Took about 2 weeks of practice and suddenly, it clicked. I still mess up from time to time, but mix master korg in AW is always waiting for me to tear him up now.

Once you get basic quake and shake down well, turn it up a notch and practice against double medium champs like domino or stealth suit spidey. They still give me trouble with her okay style, but just needs more dedicated practice that I haven't put the work into yet.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Hi there I have made a quake guide here
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/234492/quake-guide#latest/p1

You should be able to quake debuff immune rhino in rttl before u use her imo for difficult content
  • Options
    Warlord5386Warlord5386 Posts: 245 ★★
    Try using her for uncollected , Act 5 etc - so that you can learn her playstyle for various opponents. If you're confident enough go and try to quake RoL WS so that you can quake consistently. After that I believe your best practice area would be Road To Labyrinth 4.5 ig Rhino with stun immunity and physical resistance.
    After this you're pretty much set for a long time. The more you use her , the more you learn.
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021

If you're in act 7 this path is made for quake, aftershocks were doing around 12k per tick & has a variety of champs instead of just ws
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 967 ★★★
    I used Quake quite often like 3 years ago when it was just the heavy/parry style. She was one of my 1st 4*'s, but have yet to pull a 5*. She slowly got phased out of my main team as my 5* and 6*'s started taking precedence. Now when I try to do this heavy dex style in ROL, I run into 2 major problems: when I attempt to dex the 4th atttack I often parry instead. The other issue I often encounter is when going to re-apply the heavy, it doesn't register and she just stands there and gets hit instead. It isn't every time, and I can often get into a decent rhythm for some time, but I have yet to take down WS without one of those issues occurring at least 3 or more times.
  • Options
    JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Just use her everywhere you can
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    A good tip is to not practice in RoL. The AI is too passive.

You're better of using Variant 4.1.1 Namor, LoL, RttL, or dueling Corvus who doesn't die unless you whoops. Stun immune champs in RttL for an extra bit of spice.

Important Quake skills:
    - Counting (12345 or MLLLM. Aggressive AI sticks to this often, but the also do MM regularly, or even LLLL while in your face)
    - Muscle Memory (As soon as evade pops up, Dash back and reHeavy quickly)
    - Learning what the last medium/light in a combo looks like. AKA 'strike matching'. If you heavy evade the combo ender, it's better to reapply the heavy than to dex and reHeavy.

It's entirely possible to do heavy-only Quake. No dex, no parry. I think this it's the best method, objectively speaking, but it's not for the faint of heart. I just stick to the dex method.

Dave has a lot of content about her on youtube. I got most of the basics from him, ignored the more advanced videos and proceeded to ram my head into a brick all untill I got her down.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    The way I learned her was just to put her on my team almost 24/7 (definitely useful if you’ve got NF) and use her when you want to. The more you use her for casual questing, etc, the more comfortable you will feel.

At first, don’t be afraid to parry a lot. Just mix in a couple of dexterities when you feel confident, and you’ll get to the point where you’re untouchable.