**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts on Kingpin

Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
edited March 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I recently completed act 6 and took Kingpin to rank 4.Tried him in ROL and his heavy damage was crazy.Don't know much about him after he got his buff and thinking to take him to rank 5 or not.
Does he have some crazy utility and ability to counter some tricky nodes.Would love to know your thoughts on him!
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options

I recently completed act 6 and took Kingpin to rank 4.Tried him in ROL and his heavy damage was crazy.Don't know much about him after he got his buff and thinking to take him to rank 5 or not.
    Does he have some crazy utility and ability to counter some tricky nodes.Would love to know your thoughts on him!

Pairing him up with Hood basically makes him immune to all Debuffs. He's meant to be a tank that dishes out as much hurt as he can take (maybe even more.) You ideally want him Awakened to start off the fight with Rage and that increased Power Rate & damage.
    The playstyle I find him best suited for is to reach 2 Power Bars, bait out the opponent's Special, throw the Sp2, and go ham on the offense. You want to gain as much Rage as possible, so don't hold back. Occasionally chain a couple of Heavies to gain that extra Fury for even more damage.
    Thanks!
    He is awakened but I don't have Hood.
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    His degen from sp1 can stack, don't know the effect can stack tho but i use 2 sp1 on variant 6, he take no thorn damage. Also he benefit more from high sig lv so his dupe help a lot
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Kingpin is just amazing!
    Currently doing variant 6 exploration and he is destroying everybody.
    His ability accuracy reduction on sp1 is really great and solid counter for Nick and many others.
    Saw some video where he was countering Electro Luke boss of act 7 as well.
    And damage don't ask it,such a power hitter.
    Really enjoying him,such a crazy packed utility and super smooth to play and yes for any debuff matchups I am using him with Hood synergy.