**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Maximize your return on Featured Item Store

This is just an FYI because I've already seen people do this wrong. There are certain items in the featured store that have multiple ways to buy them: specifically 5* shards, 6* shards, T2A fragments, and T5B fragments. For example, you can buy 1000 5* shards or you can buy 500 5* shards. The price for each item escalates the more you buy. Most people know this. Less people consider what the escalating price does to comparing the two options.

Probably the least transparent due to the numbers is T2A, so I'll show the numbers for that. Here's the escalating cost and the shards per unit you get buying both the 7200 fragment option and the 9000 fragment option:

Notice that the fragments per unit drops the more of each option you buy. But more importantly, compare the fragments per unit between options. The 9000 fragment option is the best option initially, at 346 fragments per unit. But once you buy it, the next best option becomes the 7200 fragment option. When you buy that, the next best option becomes the 9000 fragment option again. It ping pongs back and forth.

So unless you're planning to buy all of them, the best buying strategy is to buy equal amounts of both options. Do not buy five of the 9k option. Buy three of the 9k option and three of the 7.2k option, say. Balance your units roughly between the two options. This holds true for all the stuff with two options. It doesn't always work precisely this way; sometimes the bigger option is the better one to start, sometimes it is the smaller one, and sometimes it is a tie. But the overall strategy to buy equal amounts of both options generally works.

TL;DR: Buy equal options of the two options for the stuff with two ways to get it, this gives you the best return on your units. Do not load up on just one of them, because that gives you much less stuff.

Comments

• HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Much appreciated
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,999 ★★★★★
    How do I set up my phone to get notifications when there’s a DNA3000 explainer posted
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Noticed this. Didn't even think to give people a heads up because I'm a jerk apparently.

We've all been there. When people started placing Korg on Mix Master in intermediate war, it took me probably five or six wars to get really good at killing him. I could have written a guide on how to defeat him, but instead I ranked him up to 5/65 and sigged him up to 200 and started placing him there also. Because why should I have all the fun.

Actually, true story: I kinda felt bad about placing Korg there because I knew how many people had (and still have) trouble with him. Then one day I found myself facing *five* Korgs on my path (literally three Korgs in a row up the middle from whatever that node is through Mix Master and then that Armor Break whatever, plus one in the safeguard path, plus a miniboss). That's when I decided to weaponize mine, because mercy is for the weak.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I've spent like 2k in the store and regret it tremendously.

Off to grind arena
    *Cries*
  • Can you compare the T4Basic costs from the Feature Store versus today's Pop-up Offer for T4Basics ?
    Think the Pop-Up was for 2x full T4Basic (plus some other maybe minor stuff), it only cost 3000 Units. Looked like a great offer...

JK 😀
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Can you compare the T4Basic costs from the Feature Store versus today's Pop-up Offer for T4Basics ?
    Think the Pop-Up was for 2x full T4Basic (plus some other maybe minor stuff), it only cost 3000 Units. Looked like a great offer...

Two T4B from the featured items store would cost 132 units. So the pop up offer costs 3000/132 = sucks turtle testicles.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Haven’t been in front of my laptop all day and was planning on spreadsheeting all of this. Imagine my delight when I find it done for for me...

Thanks @DNA3000 B)

Dr. Zola
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    @DNA3000 to the rescue! 🥳🤯🥳