**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Finishing up Act 4 // What to Prioritize

solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
I completed act 4 around a year and a half ago then started working on fully exploring the act. I explored the first two chapters, but left the game around november of last year due to life being too busy to continue. I came back during the last kingpin arena and have been trying to catch up since, while also trying to get back up to the fighting level I used to be at.

I just recently finished fully exploring act 4 chapter 3 (and it was a nightmare) and I'm trying to decide what to go for next. My three options right now are: explore 4.4, play the heroic and master difficulties of this month's quest, or run through 5.1.

Explore 4.4:
If I were to start with this, how should I go about doing it? I usually go through all the hardest parts first so that exploring the rest is more of a clean-up than anything. So far I know I've done the arc overload path on 4.4.2 and the hardest path on 4.4.4. I did the middle path on 4.4.6 and that's really all I can remember currently. I had someone tell me that 4.4.3 is a hard quest though. I'm really not too convinced to go back in immediately though, with 4.3 having been such a pain, with the paths being insanely long and the fights being so tedious.

Start 5.1:
So far I've only played the first quest, and started with one of the harder paths. I'm a fairly offensive player so it wasn't too difficult. I also tried 5.1.2 and I do believd that I can complete it without too much trouble, though I haven't actually completed a path on it yet. Not sure how much harder the other quests are, but I do know that 5.2 is an insane step-up and I'm probably not ready for it.

Heroic & Master:
This is honestly what I'm most convinced to go for right now, especially because it has a time limit, unlike story quests. I have heroic completed and I've started exploring it.

My roster so far:

4/40 4* duped superior ironman:
This guy is my MVP in basically any long quest. I go through entire quests with him alone then use my other 4 champions to fight bosses. His arc overload is incredible sustain and keeps him alive indefinitely.

4/40 4* duped captain america WWII:
He's a decent path clearer, but excels in boss fights. His near constant perfect block excuses the lack of healing, and he barely takes any damage in the easy fights.

4/40 4* duped ultron:
He's my secondary regenerator whenever my SIM dies, or when I need a champion with immunity. He's also a great boss fighter with his high damage.

4/40 4* duped black widow:
I really haven't used her much recently, because she's just too fragile for my taste.

4/40 4* duped magik:
Strictly a boss killer. I'm mot very good yet with managing her limbo, but her powr lock loop is fairly easy to maintain and makes boss fights much easier.

4/40 4* duped wolverine:
He's incredible. I actually ranked him up with the catalysts that I won from exploring chapter 3, but I used him as a rank 3 to play the last couple quests of 3, and he works nearly as well as SIM and ultron, just a bit more fragile.

4/40 4* unduped dr. strange:
He used to be a great path clearer but after his nerfs he's just a boss killer. I do usebhim quite often though. He worked quite well for me in 5.1.2 (what I've played of it).

4/40 4* duped scarlet witch:
Another champion I very recently ranked up. I honestly don't like her much though. I don't get much luck with her and in most fights she doesn't proc much more than power steal. I might need to add more levels to her sig to be able to use her more. Right now she's just a high damage champion with mediocre sustain. Not reliable enough for me.

Other champions I have, that I rarely use:
4/40 4* duped thor
4/40 4* duped venom
4/40 4* unduped OG daredevil
2/35 5* unduped starlord
2/35 5* unduped captain marvel

Others that I have yet to rank up:
3/30 4* duped AoU vision
3/30 4* duped OG spiderman
1/25 5* unduped storm
3/30 4* unduped rogue

A few more things:
I'm still working on masteries. I have willpower maxed, which helped me a ton with the chaos nodes. Is chaos also in 4.4?
I have parry and evade basically mastered. Still polishing up my parrying though. I'm still learning how to intercept, since my reaction speed is a bit lacking.
I only have 1 point in despair and I'm currently saving up units to unlock deep wounds.
Between alliance quests and wars I don't get much time to go through story quests because I don't have enough high rank champions, so exploring harder quests could take me a fairly long time.

Comments

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    I am doing Chapter 4, completed 2 rounds 100% and on Round 3 (already sent Ronan to where he needs to go) :D

Link here.

I suppose it's what you need more? If T4CC, there are 3 of them with 100% Act 4 or AQ map 4/5.

If you want the new daily crystal, do Act 5 though I am unsure if you need to 100% chapter 1 and 2 to get Grandmaster's favour.

If monthly master quest is what you can commit on time, then it will be right.

You could also consider RttL, 1 energy per step.