**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

CAIW owners, how useful is he and how much do you use him?

CrasyduckCrasyduck Posts: 143 ★★
edited March 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Asking because last night I pulled 6* CAIW. I know the dupe makes him much better but I am happy to have one of the puzzle pieces. But like the title states, how useful is he and how viable is he in endgame content?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    I still use 5/65/200 here and there. I'd probably use him less if I had torch above 4*.

Let's put it this way - I have 6* capIW, a science awakening gem, enough sig stones to take him to about 120, and a science t5cc... and I'm waiting for something better.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    I use him more or less in every quest unless the path doesn’t work for him (invade for example). Because he doesn’t take block damage assuming you know how to parry, he is still extremely viable in endgame content. At max sig I would say he is the best science champ besides stun immune Quake if you can play her.

Max sig he can deal with any debuff including biohazard and handles Mysterios EFs KMs etc. reverses healing with despair and more.

Unduped he still has solid damage, perfect block, a quick heavy with far reach, unstoppable counter, glancing as an unreliable safeguard, -100% AAR on L1 for whatever reason.

Edit: and no buffs so you can get around people like Dormammu (parry all special hits so you don’t have to dex)
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,521 ★★★★★
    I use him all the time. In AQ, AW or when I wanna takcle the lastest content. The utility and damage he brings shouldn't be avoided.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:
    👀

I have a fairly standard view on CAIW. He's a great champ, there's no denying it. But I took him to max sig on my account and just haven't been able to find a use for him on my account personally, though he'd be great for path 9 in war if I took that. I do think Quake, Void, and HT are better. A lot of people just confuse my view on him to be a bad one, it's really not. Just a neutral one.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    I don't use him as much as I used to (r5 sig 200), but he is still a very valuable champion with great utility and damage.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Use him a ton but a lot of the things I use him for require his sig ability.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    I have him duped and at decent sig. Use him fairly regularly as an all-rounder. Bring him in my team just for backup or when I'm not sure who to bring for my 5th spot. Really good and tanky
  • HerohanoiHerohanoi Posts: 113 ★★
    I have him as 5* SIG 200 and use him every where I can, he has very high block potential, big damage with SK2 and SK3, nice synergies, counters a lot of node, and you just need to bring a Champion with a right class in your team.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Only reason I don’t use him as much is cause of suicides
  • hermherm Posts: 415 ★★
    have him at sig 160 5r5 and I use him literally every day. By far one of my favorite champs in the game
  • SmallTimeANTSmallTimeANT Posts: 216
    Have a max sig 5/65. Always feature him in my team cause he’s so versatile and really fits with anybody on your team. Maybe the most versatile champ in the game. Great damage and utility and sustainability. Also rebuff immune if you run with a skill champ. Easily the second best science champ.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:
    👀

I have a fairly standard view on CAIW. He's a great champ, there's no denying it. But I took him to max sig on my account and just haven't been able to find a use for him on my account personally, though he'd be great for path 9 in war if I took that. I do think Quake, Void, and HT are better. A lot of people just confuse my view on him to be a bad one, it's really not. Just a neutral one.
    Sorry but this is just flat out wrong. If you think void and HT are better than beardo, than you’re doing something wrong. Torch is better for abyss and AW, but I’ve used beardo far more than torch and void combined. Torch feels like he has low bp whereas beardo can enter fights with 5% health and finish the entire quest without losing a single %. Petrify, nullify unstoppable, counter most DOT’s, encroaching stun, 6.3 mysterio’s sp2 power drain and tunnel vision, a lot more i cant think of. One of the best options for destructive feedback, works on nodes where parry heavying is optimal such as do not go gentle. Theres so much more to list. I’ve got a 6* omega awakened with 200 generic sigs but im not using them, waiting to someday pull beardo
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    I have a 5/65 Sig 200. Unfortunately, i almost never use him now.
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    Biggest issue for a 6 star is getting him to high sig. If you get him there, he is still absolutely brilliant. incredible utility
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

Menkent said:

I still use 5/65/200 here and there. I'd probably use him less if I had torch above 4*.

Let's put it this way - I have 6* capIW, a science awakening gem, enough sig stones to take him to about 120, and a science t5cc... and I'm waiting for something better.

The only better science champ is quake. Possibly void but cap is pretty much top 3. Who are you waiting for thats better, lol?
    I used Torch by far the most after quake in the past 4 months. Over CAIW, Void, and ibom. This was in act 7/abyss explo/AW.