Brute Force Bug

hermherm Member Posts: 415 ★★
So I'm not sure if this is necessarily brute force being bugged or just several interactions with it, but I noticed earlier this week that hulk Ragnarok was not activating face me while under the effects of brute force, and then a few minutes ago I noticed that spider-ham wasn't reducing the degen damage at all even though he had full spider nonsense when it activated as well as for the duration of its activity. If I'm not mistaken, brute force degenerates you, and regardless of degen or not, it is a passive damage over time ability. So yeah. I also have video evidence for reference but I don't have a YT channel.

Comments

• TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,303 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Can't talk for Spider-Ham, but Brute Force does not count for Ghulks Face Me. It never has
    I think there was a list on the forums a while back what his Face Me counts for but I've forgotten where
  • hermherm Member Posts: 415 ★★
    Terra said:

Can't talk for Spider-Ham, but Brute Force does not count for Ghulks Face Me. It never has
    I think there was a list on the forums a while back what his Face Me counts for but I've forgotten where

Ok, but shouldn't it count? it's literally a passive, damage-over-time ability. I see no reason for it to not activate face me.
    herm said:

Terra said:

Ok, but shouldn't it count? it's literally a passive, damage-over-time ability. I see no reason for it to not activate face me.
    I don't know if it's fully accurate, but Ghulk only counters debuffs, like say Starburst or Magics limbo damage from my experience. He can't deal with passive ones like brute force.
    Terra said:

herm said:

Terra said:

I don't know if it's fully accurate, but Ghulk only counters debuffs, like say Starburst or Magics limbo damage from my experience. He can't deal with passive ones like brute force.
    Definitely not debuffs. It literally says whenever he would suffer from a passive, damage-over-time ability, he activates face me. This includes Magik's limbo, OR's death field as well as his spores, Mephisto's aura of incineration, Mojo's degeneration, etc.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Member Posts: 882 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    Terra said:

herm said:

Terra said:

Face me is not for debuffs. Face me is for passive effects. Starburst and magik’s limbo are passive effects, not debuffs. Ghulk cannot activate face me from debuffs since they’re not passive. This is why ghulk’s face me works for passive degeneration such as starburst and not degeneration debuffs such as that from icarus.

OP, I’ve brought up the same thing about spider-ham. The primary reason is because brute force, bane and a couple of other nodes simply are not counted. They’re counted as a tertiary effect that’s not a passive or a debuff. It is technically a passive - you’re right - but the game doesn’t categorise it that way. Additionally because it’s this tertiary effect, it’s not counted as degeneration for spider-ham’s nonsense.

Apologies for this confusing response. Basically the reason it doesn’t work is because that’s the way Kabam made it 🤣
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,935 ★★★★★
    It belongs to a third category of effects. It is intenrional not to work.
    They have stated this would be more easier to differentiate in the future

It belongs to a third category of effects. It is intenrional not to work.
    They have stated this would be more easier to differentiate in the future

Doesn't seem to have worked now did it, if question's like this still appear
    Hazzalec1 said:

Terra said:

herm said:

Terra said:

Face me is not for debuffs. Face me is for passive effects. Starburst and magik’s limbo are passive effects, not debuffs. Ghulk cannot activate face me from debuffs since they’re not passive. This is why ghulk’s face me works for passive degeneration such as starburst and not degeneration debuffs such as that from icarus.

OP, I’ve brought up the same thing about spider-ham. The primary reason is because brute force, bane and a couple of other nodes simply are not counted. They’re counted as a tertiary effect that’s not a passive or a debuff. It is technically a passive - you’re right - but the game doesn’t categorise it that way. Additionally because it’s this tertiary effect, it’s not counted as degeneration for spider-ham’s nonsense.

Apologies for this confusing response. Basically the reason it doesn’t work is because that’s the way Kabam made it 🤣
    passive or debuff, degen is degen. Spider-ham counters degen. They're so inconsistent it hurts