**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thronebreaker benefits to come

Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
Hi There,
As the throne breaker requirements and other discussions around the title have been revived. I'm wondering if it is true that the final three items said to come with the thronebreaker title will only be obtainable from the black iso market, so in essence placed behind a paywall..
The new items that have yet to be added are;
New Arena Crystal
New Gold Crystal
New Daily Objectives

I have looked for other threads on this topic and see they have either been closed or there is no response from kabam. Any insight in regards to this would be great.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian

Hi There,
    As the throne breaker requirements and other discussions around the title have been revived. I'm wondering if it is true that the final three items said to come with the thronebreaker title will only be obtainable from the black iso market, so in essence placed behind a paywall..
    New Arena Crystal
    New Gold Crystal
    New Daily Objectives

Well, I'm not sure how you gate an objective behind the Black ISO store, and I don't know anyone who buys Gold crystals, they just open the ones they receive.

And as to the arena crystal, the Uncollected crystal is just a bigger crystal that costs more, so the actual long term average of rewards from it are exactly identical to the regular arena crystal except for the rare 4* Punisher and the ultra-rare 5* Punisher. While that doesn't mean a hypothetical Thronebreaker arena crystal will follow the same pattern, I think it should cause people to not expect that a TB arena crystal would necessarily be actually all that more awesome.

In fact, the longer it takes for them to get around to making it, the more likely it might end up better than the normal pattern. If they were just going to follow the same pattern they could have released that at any time. So maybe it is better for the players if they take their time on that one.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Hi There,
    New Arena Crystal
    New Gold Crystal
    New Daily Objectives

Well, I'm not sure how you gate an objective behind the Black ISO store, and I don't know anyone who buys Gold crystals, they just open the ones they receive.

And as to the arena crystal, the Uncollected crystal is just a bigger crystal that costs more, so the actual long term average of rewards from it are exactly identical to the regular arena crystal except for the rare 4* Punisher and the ultra-rare 5* Punisher. While that doesn't mean a hypothetical Thronebreaker arena crystal will follow the same pattern, I think it should cause people to not expect that a TB arena crystal would necessarily be actually all that more awesome.

In fact, the longer it takes for them to get around to making it, the more likely it might end up better than the normal pattern. If they were just going to follow the same pattern they could have released that at any time. So maybe it is better for the players if they take their time on that one.
    At this point id take anything, the only thing in terms of perks that we have gotten since release is Black Iso Market stuff and the calendar if im not mistaken.
  • Options
    Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Hi There,
    New Arena Crystal
    New Gold Crystal
    New Daily Objectives

I think you might be missing the point of the question.. I'm asking if these kind of things will be changed.. for example i'm asking if to be able to buy (or exchange) the new gold crystal you'd need to have the sigil as is the case to exchange 10k 5* shards for 750 6* shards etc.

For the arena crystal, i'm not asking if it will be better.. I'm asking if the only way to obtain it will be through the sigil. Same for the objectives, I have no idea how it would be done (i'm not a programmer) but as it's been suggested the reason that these final items aren't added to the game is due to them being part of the sigil so they are waiting for an overall sigil update to implement. I have no idea if any of this is accurate hence the question here.

As stated at the start of the post.. i've seen questions asked about this previously and either there is no response or threads on the subject matter are just closed.