Prof X - Falter ability

PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,342 ★★★★★
edited April 3 in General Discussion
Twice when I am fighting against Prof.X, when I try to launch special attack to interrupt the channeling after I falter an attack, I am unable to launch a special attack. The sequence is
Get him to sp1 - bait sp1- hit him once to trigger falter- try to launch my special to interrupt falter.
I am having problem with the last part. Check my video attached. I don't think this is how it is supposed to work. You can see me trying to launch special and Namor not launching special till the channeling ends.

«1

Comments

  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 1,141 ★★★★
    Is it possible to interrupt falter with a special anyway?
  • _Sham__Sham_ Posts: 547 ★★★
    I don't see any issue in the video. What am I missing?
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,113 ★★★
    Read Profs abilities
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,342 ★★★★★
    Voltolos said:

    Read Profs abilities

    Elaborate please. It says that the falter ends as soon as you launch your special. You can see that I am tapping like crazy and I am not able to launch any special. Try to be more helpful.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,342 ★★★★★
    Cowabunga said:

    Maybe the channeling still counts as part of the special attack? I think thats why you can't interrupt with your own special attack unless it ends or you attack in (which you can't cause you're faltered).

    But, I hit him with a basic attack which triggers falter. If it still counts as part of a special, you cannot ever interrupt his channeling because you cannot interrupt any specials.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,113 ★★★
    Pulyaman said:

    Voltolos said:

    Read Profs abilities

    Elaborate please. It says that the falter ends as soon as you launch your special. You can see that I am tapping like crazy and I am not able to launch any special. Try to be more helpful.
    Not that part. What happens if he launches a special while at 100 channeling?
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,342 ★★★★★
    _Sham_ said:

    I don't see any issue in the video. What am I missing?

    Can't you see that I am tapping on the special button and am unable to launch a special attack? from - 16 seconds on the video, you can see the white taps on the special button.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,342 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

    Is it possible to interrupt falter with a special anyway?

    That is the only way to end a falter as per his description.

  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,342 ★★★★★
    Voltolos said:

    Pulyaman said:

    Voltolos said:

    Read Profs abilities

    Elaborate please. It says that the falter ends as soon as you launch your special. You can see that I am tapping like crazy and I am not able to launch any special. Try to be more helpful.
    Not that part. What happens if he launches a special while at 100 channeling?
    That part I understand, I was not asking about the mind control part. See from 16 seconds where he launches his sp1, then I hit him to trigger falter and try to launch a special.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 734 ★★★★
    Looks like a bug caused by him being able to gain upto 100 charges? At 100 he will use mind control to disable and grey out the special bar but seems like it's working a little too early, either that or that little thinking phase still counts as part of his special so you can't use yours?
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,342 ★★★★★

    Pulyaman said:

    _Sham_ said:

    I don't see any issue in the video. What am I missing?

    Can't you see that I am tapping on the special button and am unable to launch a special attack? from - 16 seconds on the video, you can see the white taps on the special button.
    that's because channeling is still considered a part of his special's animation, and you can't interrupt a special's animation with another special, you have to hit him before, but because of falter you missed him, so you couldn't stop the animation and couldn't throw your own special ^_^
    you can use this window to safely trigger the falter, and you can interrupt his channeling if you don't have the falter on you or you can bypass the miss mechanic ^_^
    That is what I thought because it is the same with diablo when he drinks his potions after his sp1. But, it seems odd because the only way to interrupt falter is a special. I think it should be looked at and remove channeling from the special animation if that is the case. In his spotlight, there is nothing that mentions that channeling is part of sp1. It is a separate ability that he can activate when he activates special and heavy attacks.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,193 ★★★★★
    Channeling is a part of his special animations. It's why when the opponent gets koed due to a special, Prof X sometimes takes time to finish his channeling and then the fight ends.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 746 ★★★
    Pulyaman said:


    That is what I thought because it is the same with diablo when he drinks his potions after his sp1. But, it seems odd because the only way to interrupt falter is a special. I think it should be looked at and remove channeling from the special animation if that is the case. In his spotlight, there is nothing that mentions that channeling is part of sp1. It is a separate ability that he can activate when he activates special and heavy attacks.

    No, thank you. Having the channeling has a part of his Special's animations means that it's always safe to dash in after he throw a special to trigger the falter, and this is the easiest way to deal with said mechanic if i can't use a champion that bypass Miss or parry projectiles, at least for me ^_^
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,342 ★★★★★

    Pulyaman said:


    That is what I thought because it is the same with diablo when he drinks his potions after his sp1. But, it seems odd because the only way to interrupt falter is a special. I think it should be looked at and remove channeling from the special animation if that is the case. In his spotlight, there is nothing that mentions that channeling is part of sp1. It is a separate ability that he can activate when he activates special and heavy attacks.

    No, thank you. Having the channeling has a part of his Special's animations means that it's always safe to dash in after he throw a special to trigger the falter, and this is the easiest way to deal with said mechanic if i can't use a champion that bypass Miss or parry projectiles, at least for me ^_^
    Not saying he should not channel after the special. I am saying it should count as a separate ability so that it can be interrupted with a special. Nothing is stopping the AI from interrupting it's own channeling now to hit you once you falter. It won't do that in the future if what I am asking is done. What it will do is make it easier for us to end the falter early.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,113 ★★★
    Pulyaman said:

    Nothing is stopping the AI from interrupting it's own channeling now to hit you once you falter.

    This never happens
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 5,807 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

    Pulyaman said:


    That is what I thought because it is the same with diablo when he drinks his potions after his sp1. But, it seems odd because the only way to interrupt falter is a special. I think it should be looked at and remove channeling from the special animation if that is the case. In his spotlight, there is nothing that mentions that channeling is part of sp1. It is a separate ability that he can activate when he activates special and heavy attacks.

    No, thank you. Having the channeling has a part of his Special's animations means that it's always safe to dash in after he throw a special to trigger the falter, and this is the easiest way to deal with said mechanic if i can't use a champion that bypass Miss or parry projectiles, at least for me ^_^
    Not saying he should not channel after the special. I am saying it should count as a separate ability so that it can be interrupted with a special. Nothing is stopping the AI from interrupting it's own channeling now to hit you once you falter. It won't do that in the future if what I am asking is done. What it will do is make it easier for us to end the falter early.
    At the moment, professor X can’t attack us when we hit him to get rid of the falter. I think if it was changed so it is a separate ability, the AI would be able to counter us if we hit in which would be harder
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,342 ★★★★★

    Pulyaman said:

    Pulyaman said:


    That is what I thought because it is the same with diablo when he drinks his potions after his sp1. But, it seems odd because the only way to interrupt falter is a special. I think it should be looked at and remove channeling from the special animation if that is the case. In his spotlight, there is nothing that mentions that channeling is part of sp1. It is a separate ability that he can activate when he activates special and heavy attacks.

    No, thank you. Having the channeling has a part of his Special's animations means that it's always safe to dash in after he throw a special to trigger the falter, and this is the easiest way to deal with said mechanic if i can't use a champion that bypass Miss or parry projectiles, at least for me ^_^
    Not saying he should not channel after the special. I am saying it should count as a separate ability so that it can be interrupted with a special. Nothing is stopping the AI from interrupting it's own channeling now to hit you once you falter. It won't do that in the future if what I am asking is done. What it will do is make it easier for us to end the falter early.
    At the moment, professor X can’t attack us when we hit him to get rid of the falter. I think if it was changed so it is a separate ability, the AI would be able to counter us if we hit in which would be harder
    That is an assumption which I don't agree. But, we are talking assumptions all along, I would like a moderator to confirm our assumption.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 5,807 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

    Pulyaman said:

    Pulyaman said:


    That is what I thought because it is the same with diablo when he drinks his potions after his sp1. But, it seems odd because the only way to interrupt falter is a special. I think it should be looked at and remove channeling from the special animation if that is the case. In his spotlight, there is nothing that mentions that channeling is part of sp1. It is a separate ability that he can activate when he activates special and heavy attacks.

    No, thank you. Having the channeling has a part of his Special's animations means that it's always safe to dash in after he throw a special to trigger the falter, and this is the easiest way to deal with said mechanic if i can't use a champion that bypass Miss or parry projectiles, at least for me ^_^
    Not saying he should not channel after the special. I am saying it should count as a separate ability so that it can be interrupted with a special. Nothing is stopping the AI from interrupting it's own channeling now to hit you once you falter. It won't do that in the future if what I am asking is done. What it will do is make it easier for us to end the falter early.
    At the moment, professor X can’t attack us when we hit him to get rid of the falter. I think if it was changed so it is a separate ability, the AI would be able to counter us if we hit in which would be harder
    That is an assumption which I don't agree. But, we are talking assumptions all along, I would like a moderator to confirm our assumption.
    But why change it now? You don’t always have a special available, and sometimes won’t want to use it and potentially waste it.

    At the moment you can literally just tap a basic attack and it’s sorted. I don’t know what the big deal is
  • Danyal_39Danyal_39 Posts: 150
    Pulyaman said:

    Pulyaman said:

    _Sham_ said:

    I don't see any issue in the video. What am I missing?

    Can't you see that I am tapping on the special button and am unable to launch a special attack? from - 16 seconds on the video, you can see the white taps on the special button.
    that's because channeling is still considered a part of his special's animation, and you can't interrupt a special's animation with another special, you have to hit him before, but because of falter you missed him, so you couldn't stop the animation and couldn't throw your own special ^_^
    you can use this window to safely trigger the falter, and you can interrupt his channeling if you don't have the falter on you or you can bypass the miss mechanic ^_^
    That is what I thought because it is the same with diablo when he drinks his options
    after his sp1. But, it seems odd because the only way to interrupt falter is a special. I think it should be looked at and remove channeling from the special animation if that is the case. In his spotlight, there is nothing that mentions that channeling is part of sp1. It is a separate ability that he can activate when he activates special and heavy attacks.
    Channeling is part of his specials along with its animations. Here is the proof:

    In channeling, it states that Prof X does channeling while charging heavy and the end of his special 1 & 2, which proves that you're straight out wrong.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 3,647 ★★★★★
    I run PX a lot, and I agree with the OP that this is a bug. You should be able to throw a special while he’s channeling. It would interrupt him and ignore falter. Using him as an attacker, I charge heavy only when defender is stunned, recovering from a missed heavy, or under a bar of power. Otherwise I get slapped.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 746 ★★★

    I run PX a lot, and I agree with the OP that this is a bug. You should be able to throw a special while he’s channeling. It would interrupt him and ignore falter. Using him as an attacker, I charge heavy only when defender is stunned, recovering from a missed heavy, or under a bar of power. Otherwise I get slapped.

    that's because you cancel the channeling by charging your heavy, if you leave your prof.X channeling after his Specials and have your falter ready you won't get slapped ^_^
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,342 ★★★★★
    Danyal_39 said:

    Pulyaman said:

    Pulyaman said:

    _Sham_ said:

    I don't see any issue in the video. What am I missing?

    Can't you see that I am tapping on the special button and am unable to launch a special attack? from - 16 seconds on the video, you can see the white taps on the special button.
    that's because channeling is still considered a part of his special's animation, and you can't interrupt a special's animation with another special, you have to hit him before, but because of falter you missed him, so you couldn't stop the animation and couldn't throw your own special ^_^
    you can use this window to safely trigger the falter, and you can interrupt his channeling if you don't have the falter on you or you can bypass the miss mechanic ^_^
    That is what I thought because it is the same with diablo when he drinks his options
    after his sp1. But, it seems odd because the only way to interrupt falter is a special. I think it should be looked at and remove channeling from the special animation if that is the case. In his spotlight, there is nothing that mentions that channeling is part of sp1. It is a separate ability that he can activate when he activates special and heavy attacks.
    Channeling is part of his specials along with its animations. Here is the proof:

    In channeling, it states that Prof X does channeling while charging heavy and the end of his special 1 & 2, which proves that you're straight out wrong.
    That actually proves nothing. It just says he can channel at the end of specials. If it was part of special attack, it should have been mentioned under special attack. It is mentioned separately because it is a separate ability.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,342 ★★★★★

    Pulyaman said:

    Pulyaman said:

    Pulyaman said:


    That is what I thought because it is the same with diablo when he drinks his potions after his sp1. But, it seems odd because the only way to interrupt falter is a special. I think it should be looked at and remove channeling from the special animation if that is the case. In his spotlight, there is nothing that mentions that channeling is part of sp1. It is a separate ability that he can activate when he activates special and heavy attacks.

    No, thank you. Having the channeling has a part of his Special's animations means that it's always safe to dash in after he throw a special to trigger the falter, and this is the easiest way to deal with said mechanic if i can't use a champion that bypass Miss or parry projectiles, at least for me ^_^
    Not saying he should not channel after the special. I am saying it should count as a separate ability so that it can be interrupted with a special. Nothing is stopping the AI from interrupting it's own channeling now to hit you once you falter. It won't do that in the future if what I am asking is done. What it will do is make it easier for us to end the falter early.
    At the moment, professor X can’t attack us when we hit him to get rid of the falter. I think if it was changed so it is a separate ability, the AI would be able to counter us if we hit in which would be harder
    That is an assumption which I don't agree. But, we are talking assumptions all along, I would like a moderator to confirm our assumption.
    But why change it now? You don’t always have a special available, and sometimes won’t want to use it and potentially waste it.

    At the moment you can literally just tap a basic attack and it’s sorted. I don’t know what the big deal is
    Because if you do have a special attack ready, you could interrupt his channeling using that. If you use someone like CAIW or Storm X against Prof X, you could charge heavy and fire a special and he would not retaliate while channeling.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,148 ★★★★★
    edited April 3

    I run PX a lot, and I agree with the OP that this is a bug. You should be able to throw a special while he’s channeling. It would interrupt him and ignore falter. Using him as an attacker, I charge heavy only when defender is stunned, recovering from a missed heavy, or under a bar of power. Otherwise I get slapped.

    It's not a bug. If you're using him as an attacker enemies cannot trigger special attacks during channeling. Defenders need to interrupt your channeling with a basic attack before they can cast specials same as how you'd have to deal with prof X on defense.

    Channeling is a part of his special animation hence why you can't punish him with a special attack and need to interrupt it first.
Sign In or Register to comment.