Thronebreaker choice - Mutant R3

TwangerTwanger Posts: 13
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Got super lucky in Act 7 completion got the final chunk of T5CC mutant. I’m tempted to just pull the plug on either Gambit or Omega Red to take to R3. I mean a dupe will come eventually for O.R (right :'( ) I’m tired of hoping the next 6* will be a good mutant to take to R3 and it could be months before that happens. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :D
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 849 ★★★
    Omega Red if duped and who knows when you will awaken him. Iceman isn't in basic pool, right? Personally I would rank up Iceman because he is pretty unique as 6*. Gambit and X23 isn't bad either.
  • BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★
    Gambit, iceman, or x23.
    Go with the one you enjoy playing the most : )
  • TwangerTwanger Posts: 13
    Renaxqq said:

    Omega Red if duped and who knows when you will awaken him. Iceman isn't in basic pool, right? Personally I would rank up Iceman because he is pretty unique as 6*. Gambit and X23 isn't bad either.

    Yeah I got very lucky last year Iceman with some side event mutant crystals.

    Hmm thinking of Gambit or unduped Omega Red
  • StoNerdStoNerd Posts: 172
    If you have poco, go with gambit. He got utility and dmg as well. Good r3 option unduped.
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    I would go iceman personally.. Only because I Dont like gambit, but both of them is good options, omega even if u dupe him u will need high sig, so I don't rly recommend it
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 7,672 ★★★★★
    I'd go gambit if you like him. He has great utility and nice damage, and the damage boost from being R3 will really help him. He doesn't really need to be duped, just gets extra flak jacket damage and more crit damage. Plus, his horseman ability is crazy good if you have or ever get Apoc as a 5 or 6*.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,580 ★★★★
    I wouldn’t rank Omega. It may be a while before you get much use out of him without his dupe. Definitely go Gambit or Iceman. You’ll get more mutant t5cc in the future
  • ddomddom Posts: 559 ★★
    I wouldn't do omega. X-23, gambit and iceman are decent
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 1,576 ★★★★
    I was in a similar situation. I have unduped gambit, namor, omega red, iceman, bishop, dpx, cable, NC. I took iceman to R3 for TB. I have 65 6* now and still haven’t duped namor or omega red or gambit.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    id go gambit since he's pretty decent. My second option would be x23
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,565 ★★★★★
    I’d probably go omega because in the long term he may actually become a frequently used top tier, the other options will remain at their upper mid tier status
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    edited April 2021
    StoNerd said:

    If you have poco, go with gambit. He got utility and dmg as well. Good r3 option unduped.

    Also higher prestige on the cajun vs the others. I have him duped 6r1 and his PI is close to my lowest 6r2 by like a few points. He has mad prestige since his buff.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 7,672 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

    I’d probably go omega because in the long term he may actually become a frequently used top tier, the other options will remain at their upper mid tier status

    By the time OP gets Omega duped and high sig, he will almost definitely have had several (or at the very least, one) more mutant T5Cs, may as well rank up a champion that will be useful to them now.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 1,576 ★★★★

    Lvernon15 said:

    I’d probably go omega because in the long term he may actually become a frequently used top tier, the other options will remain at their upper mid tier status

    By the time OP gets Omega duped and high sig, he will almost definitely have had several (or at the very least, one) more mutant T5Cs, may as well rank up a champion that will be useful to them now.
    Very true. Since I R3 iceman, I have 1.5 mutant t5c now. Still waiting to dupe omega red.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    If you want the most useful R3 probably for the next 9 months or so, I would recommend gambit or iceman:

    Gambit: Has bleed immune - great prestige early on, solid damage , great synergies with mutants.

    Iceman: Triple immune ; doesn’t need the dupe , Evade counter, decent synergies, and more importantly benefits a ton from the R3.

    I personally would lean towards iceman just because he can do so much as a first R3; he is not pretty , but will benefit your roster the most as you can just plug him in wherever you need him.
  • JoshKosh557JoshKosh557 Posts: 2,805 ★★★★★
    Gambit has some nice utility by bypassing thorns and such and he also has solid damage. If you have Apoc I would definitely do him since they synergies together very well.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 2,818 ★★★★
    Even without his sig omega still has most of his utility. Tentacles, immunities, life steal, power steal, can ignore electro like bs damage. I have r2 gambit and don't really use him, I'd say he needs his sig unlocked almost at much as omega. They also have similar utility, but I'd say omega is more solid and has a little more to offer.
    Iceman is a great option, if you need his immunities, but that's all he has.
    X23 is a very basic champ, similar to Angela before her buff.
    Bishop... Only if you like him,I guess.

    I'd definitely go with omega
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 7,672 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

    Even without his sig omega still has most of his utility. Tentacles, immunities, life steal, power steal, can ignore electro like bs damage. I have r2 gambit and don't really use him, I'd say he needs his sig unlocked almost at much as omega. They also have similar utility, but I'd say omega is more solid and has a little more to offer.
    Iceman is a great option, if you need his immunities, but that's all he has.
    X23 is a very basic champ, similar to Angela before her buff.
    Bishop... Only if you like him,I guess.

    I'd definitely go with omega

    What would you base Gambit being awakened on? He really doesn't need it.

    I'd take unduped gambit against unduped omega for electro and korg fights every day.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 7,672 ★★★★★
    Twanger said:

    Update
    ——
    Took the leap with the Ragin Cajun... if I pull Apoc or Sunspot in my next crystal I’m outta here haha :D

    Awesome rank up! And if you get Apoc, at least you can get that sweet horseman ability for gambit!

    I'm already thronebreaker and I'm gonna rank up my gambit when i get my next mutant formed, I think he's great, and a lot of fun to play
  • JadedJaded Posts: 4,954 ★★★★★
    Twanger said:

    Update
    ——
    Took the leap with the Ragin Cajun... if I pull Apoc or Sunspot in my next crystal I’m outta here haha :D

    I have a duped gambit 6*, I didn’t care for his horsemen ability. It’s rather underwhelming overall. My condolences, should have gone with omega.
  • TwangerTwanger Posts: 13
    Another update it was bound to happen but I didn’t expect it so soon :'(:D this is literally just my luck but I can’t reaaaally complain I guess! Hahaha
Sign In or Register to comment.