**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Not an avenger... really?...

MachoNachoMachoNacho Posts: 371 ★★★
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
Immortal Hulk... even though Hulk and Bruce Banner still not an avenger... how come?

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,979 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Avengers as a hashtag is problematic if you’re trying to stick with comics. So many characters have been Avengers at one time or another...

In game, consider Tigra and War Machine, both of whom have Avengers affiliations in print and (for WM) in the MCU but are not Avengers in game.

Dr. Zola

I'd say 90% of Marvel heroes and a sprinkle of Villains at one point where Avengers.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Edeuink said:

“He’s not an avenger because he’s not tagged as an avenger.”
    -Someone

Cough w-o-w cough cough
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Avengers as a hashtag is problematic if you’re trying to stick with comics. So many characters have been Avengers at one time or another...

In game, consider Tigra and War Machine, both of whom have Avengers affiliations in print and (for WM) in the MCU but are not Avengers in game.

Dr. Zola

I'd say 90% of Marvel heroes and a sprinkle of Villains at one point where Avengers.
    Yep. If you take the West Coast Avengers roster, there are still more most people have never heard of. If you go further still to fringe groups like the Great Lakes Avengers, well...it can get silly.

Dr. Zola
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    There's also the Mighty Avengers from 2005.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,979 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Yep. If you take the West Coast Avengers roster, there are still more most people have never heard of. If you go further still to fringe groups like the Great Lakes Avengers, well...it can get silly.

Dr. Zola
    Yep. I think a lot of people who play this game are Marvel fans but more of the movies than the comics they are derived from.

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Blob would be wierd. But they already have mojo's model do itll be alright. Cross if KP and mojo
    Actually, that’s Big Bertha, who has the ability to alter her molecular density and other things. Also: Flatman, Mr. Immortal, Dinah Soar and Doorman.

Not kidding.

Dr. Zola
    Well, they are kind of like the sub-D team...

Kind of like the lower-grade versions of Alpha Flight...

Dr. Zola
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    I say you’re a non-comic book reader.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,793 ★★★★★
    Hulk has spent more time not being an Avenger in the comics than being an Avenger. Scarlet Witch has been an Avenger longer than Hulk and he was a founding member.
  • DarthVadidDarthVadid Posts: 395 ★★★
    IMH breaks Thor’s jaw in the comics with one punch. Not an avenger for sure
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    After typing this post and reminding me that the Great Lakes Avengers existed.....well, I can only hope you washed your hands thoroughly afterwards.