**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The game is still UNPLAYABLE

Even after all these "updates" and some minor compensation (not that I'm complaining about 2500 5* shards), the game is still unplayable.

Specifically: LAG.

More advanced game modes like AQ, AW, and anything in Act 5 (although, I'm sure there are aspects of Acts 1-4 that affect other players as well) are legitimately unplayable due to insane amounts of lag in game, the game not recognizing player input, timing for everything is off--it is simply unplayable.

What is being done to address the heavy lag in game?

I'm using an iPhone 6+ on iOS 11.0.1

Comments

• Options
    Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★
    Am I the only one?
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    nope...there are so many things sporadically wrong I don't wanna play
  • Options
    LariatLariat Posts: 23
    edited October 2017
    Same husky.....same device and versions also
    Kabam better turn the train around before its derailed. My whole alliance is at the end of this game. Will make it easy to quit
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    we have multiple threads now and no response
  • Options
    tbos42tbos42 Posts: 61
    Parry has been nerfed. And it is clearly a cash grab.....
  • Options
    Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★
    tbos42 wrote: »
    Parry has been nerfed. And it is clearly a cash grab.....

I think parry is actually better now after the more recent update. There are still a litany of other problems, though, that make gameplay impossible.
  • Options
    BNOJamsBNOJams Posts: 103
    Parry undoubtedly worse for me
  • Options
    SKOutsiderSKOutsider Posts: 117 ★★
    Just had huge lag spikes in AQ twice in a row. Lost the second fight as the champs froze up on my screen and then it came up with a lost message.

I have no clue what is going on but this is just insanity.
  • Options
    SonicEmpireSonicEmpire Posts: 83
    going into fights and during fights in 5.2.6 I'm getting network connection problems on full 4G and full wifi then it times out. This just started a few minutes ago. As if this act isn't a units grab in the first place now it's KOing me and refilling opponents HP.
  • Options
    SantapjSantapj Posts: 6
    Definitely seeing troubles with frame rates and random lack of responsiveness inputs. My favorite is always holding down a block but seeing your champion run full tilt at your opponent.
  • Options
    The amount of lag is a joke at the moment. It happens more in fights with harder AI.

Is this caused by the programmers doing too much with the AI for the local device to handle, or is this a network latency issue from making calls to the server continuously?

If the former, then you really need to optimise the AI code to make the game playable.
    If the latter, why the hell would you need to make server calls mid-fight? That's just crazy - it's a mobile game, and nobody can guarantee the quality of their mobile data connection.

This level of performance is not acceptable for a game that has so much money spent on it. I for one don't enjoy watching my champions die because the game is not recognising my inputs or because the stuttering frame rate throws tap-timing off.
  • Options
    VandalHeartVandalHeart Posts: 11
    I bought a brand spanking new Galaxy Note 8 just to play this game and see if the upgrade from a Note 3 was worth it.
    While it looks nicer, loads up a little quicker I am still getting stuttering, lag, lack of imput when blocking/parrying and AI that reacts so fast to things that it could never recover from this time last year. AQ Map 5 was a breeze with 4/5 4*'s when the game was working correctly. Now R5's and 3/5 5*''s are being slapped around like 3* champs!!!
    Please fix this game, Marvel is being diminished by your product Kabam!
    The game has become a chore now, the fun has been diminished MASSIVELY.
  • Options
    ShadeadShadead Posts: 28
    I had an AI teleport to me to continue its combo. I dodged first two hits which put me on the other side of the screen and it literally teleported to my toon and did the last three hits of the combo. Various lag issues as well. Blocking not working till you get hit three times then it starts working for the last two hits. I’m sure I’ll find some more issues but it’s getting to be retirement time. They need to do a full code overhaul instead of these duct tape patches.
  • Options
    Patkos96Patkos96 Posts: 7
    Kabam doesn't really care... As you could read in the other 15.1.2 discussion, the problem is in our devices (good joke)... Btw the lag is hard everywhere, not just with harder AI, Act5, AQ and AW.
  • Options
    TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Didn't use to have a problem with lag until now... also, does anyone get that white spinning wheel and/or "Problems connecting to network. Please check your connection" note at the bottom ALL THE TIME now, even though you never left the game? It used to pop up only if you left the game (switched screens to check line for a few minutes, for example) but now I'm getting it in game just doing regular game stuff like advancing through a map, starting a fight, switching in-game tabs.

256GB iPhone 6S Plus on iOS 10.3.3
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited October 2017
    Patkos96 wrote: »
    Kabam doesn't really care... As you could read in the other 15.1.2 discussion, the problem is in our devices (good joke)... Btw the lag is hard everywhere, not just with harder AI, Act5, AQ and AW.
    What is that discussion?.

If the problem is our devices, then it's over, the fix is quit.