**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Professor X - New Most Fun Champ to Play?

Now this is purely opinion, and I also am not super well-versed in every single character. But I gotta admit I think Professor X is without a doubt my personal choice for "most fun to play" at the moment with Mole Man shortly behind, and for some reason Medusa as my third favorite.

I was honestly getting pretty tired of playing "parry/heavy" champs, but then I pulled a Professor X and immediately took him to 5/65 and have not looked back as it's brought a whole new enjoyment to the game for me. Something about firing 4 or 5 specials back-to-back brings me great joy. Also helps he's got some pretty solid damage output, but even if he didn't I would enjoy playing him.

So, I guess that begs the question? Do you agree that he's currently the most fun to play? And if not, who's your choice?

Comments

• MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    He's still kinda parry/heavy... and then you dunk on them with like five specials in a row
    Nocko said:

Ive got a 6* Prof X but havent really got his style of play down yet
    What's the rotation/style to use with him?

The character i enjoy playing depends on the day but Venom, Hit Monkey, CGR and Apoc are the ones im enjoying most right now

I parry/heavy to build to 100 charges then depending in health pool I go MLLLL to put him into whatever mode and drop sp2 or build to three bars and throw sp3 *while charging heavy* then chain sp2 etc. There's a lot of nuance to building and holding stacks of prowess for LoL or AoL that I don't care about.
  • TyDollarSignTyDollarSign Posts: 227 ★★
    Menkent said:

He's still kinda parry/heavy... and then you dunk on them with like five specials in a row

Yeah he's very parry/heavy. I guess I meant I was super tired of the playstyle UNTIL I started using him. I've grown bored with Colossus, Archangel, Hyperion, Domino, and so many others that utilize that play-style. But for some reason don't really mind it with Professor X, @Menkent
    Fair point. I used him a bit in war for all the stupid korgs on mixmaster, but it's a pretty sketchy fight. He's very squishy so even if the fight goes well I'd come out at about 50% health on my 5/65.
  • TyDollarSignTyDollarSign Posts: 227 ★★
    Nocko said:

Ive got a 6* Prof X but havent really got his style of play down yet
    What's the rotation/style to use with him?

The character i enjoy playing depends on the day but Venom, Hit Monkey, CGR and Apoc are the ones im enjoying most right now

Pretty much just build to 100 charges, and then gain power until right before SP3 and fire SP2 - I can usually get off two SP2s and three-four SP1s in one rotation. You can do things to help build and refresh prowess but it takes a little work to get used to all the mechanics of the full rotation.

I'm still waiting on CGR, Hit Monkey, and Apoc, but hopefully soon!
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    He's up there. There's something about on demand falter that's just satisfying to use and opens up variance in gameplay.

You get to play a bit more recklessly like going from five hit combos straight into heavy chaining in the corner
    Or heavy intercepting without any consequences.
    If hela had something like that I'd use her everywhere.

The unlockable special spam and power shut down is a very nice extra, being able to bully defenders without worrying about power is satisfying. Still haven't used him with a mutant power boost but v7 might be a nice opportunity to do so.

He also gets bonus points for the clean animations and far reaching heavy
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Check BeroMan, MSD, and AgentX zzz on their take on Professor X on Youtube.