**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

R3 Choice - RMags or Sunspot

Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips
A little context first:

1) Neither are duped
2) I already have a duped R5 Mags
3) I don’t have a 5* Sunspot, only the 6*
4) Progression-wise I’m done with all story content and variants. Just two more Abyss paths and then whatever Kabam releases in the future.

R3 Choice - RMags or Sunspot 104 votes

Mags
59%
DNA3000BitterSteelRaganatorSpity68JadedzuffyubiquitousWindRotellyJBC89Osfan8G0311damianohmpseudosaneAssumedNameDRTOPrimeSaviour_27DaphboyBattle_GreninjaTawliReaper2823 62 votes
Sunspot
40%
DrZolaHaji_SaabNuclekerrTristanfmussapCropDusterUnsilentOnmixAdvJuggerNotAleorRookiieWine_LoverSidDDragonOwlkitKill_GreyNo_oneukDes99MaratoxA3G0N 42 votes
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Mags
    R3 Mags will help in abyss if you use him there. In longer fights like that, even with the perfect block you can end up losing all your health through parries, so the R3 extra health can save you some revives. Not to mention the extra safety net is nice in war.

Sunspot is a bit meh for me, he had nice damage but really lacks utility- only really incinerate immunity and perfect block.

Mags is the better option IMO. Sunspot isn’t really going to fill a gap in your roster
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I think this comes down to how much you need prestige. Sunspot has extremely good prestige at r3, but other than that I think mags is the way to go
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Mags
    The only world where this is ever even a question is the one where you desperately need prestige. I get that Mags doesn't need the R3 but he's better than Sunspot in every conceivable way.
  • Options
    JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Mags
    It's crazy how close this poll is. Mags is better by a million years.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Mags
    DNA3000 said:

Im confused at how Sunspot is winning... To me Mags is better and it isnt even close.

Maybe because OP says he already has R5 Mags but no Sunspot.

However, I have an R5 Mags and I just took my 6* to R3, because you can't have enough Magnetos.
    That makes more sense.

But yeah, 2 Magnetos is better than a single Sunspot any day.
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Sunspot
    If you have a 5 65 Magneto you may as well get Sunspot and cash in on that Prestige
  • Options
    buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    Why not wait for new content?
  • Options
    A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★
    Mags
    I love sunspot, but both are unduped so no prestige boost from sunspot and the content you have remaining is 2 abyss paths where I’m sure mags would be used. Maybe you’ll get another mutant t5cc from exploring abyss that could then go on sunspot
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    Mags
    All red magneto should maxed in every tier.
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Mags
    I never use Sunspot. Use Redneto all the time. I'd R3 that bad boy with zero regrets. Be nice to have a Redneto for AW and questing or AQ and questing. It's nice to have multiples of the same great champ. And Sunspot is meh for me. I would never use him over Torch anyway.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    Mags
    Definitely dependent on suicides and prestige. If prestige, Sunspot because Mags has some trash prestige. If suicides, definitely mags because he has the bleed reduction, plus his sp3 is the most important special attack, or his sp2 will insta-kill the opponent.

I do think Magneto is better overall though, and took my own to R3 over sunspot, but I have no need for prestige and run suicides, so that helped the decision.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    What if instead of sunspot it was OR without suicides. Would you guys pick mags still?
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Mags
    GagoH said:

What if instead of sunspot it was OR without suicides. Would you guys pick mags still?

Without hesitation
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Mags
    GagoH said:

Duped OR with a decent sig? OR.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Sunspot
    Sunspot. He’s got nice prestige and you really don’t need more damage on magneto. Sunspot benefits more from the rank 3.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Sunspot
    GagoH said:

I’d pick omega in this case. There’s no contest. My answer is pretty much a repeat of what I said above plus omega is better than sunspot in general.
  • Options
    Mags

Im confused at how Sunspot is winning... To me Mags is better and it isnt even close.

You forget this is the forums and have legions of "Sunspot is totallllly useful in endgame content" fans here.