**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do something about the red backgrounds

ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
I had to do this entire fight audio only because I couldn't see anything .
As a Void user, the red backgrounds are infuriating especially when your enemies are also red. You can't see anything, parrying and dexing specials becomes really difficult.
Can it be changed or at least adjusted a bit?

Comments

• Has been brought up in past (many years) for likes of Void, Dormy, etc, especially on this background.

Think they did actually change something back then to make it a little easier to see, but can still be a pain for some ppl depending on screen settings, lighting, etc.
  • QuattrucciQuattrucci Posts: 160 ★★
    FiiNCH said:

Crcrcrc said:

Tbh it’s not too hard to see where the champs are, but maybe that’s just me

Bit of a selfish comment - as someone who is red/green colourblind I find certain fights tricky with this background.
    Selfish comment. But I have this condition so I want it adjusted.
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

FiiNCH said:

Crcrcrc said:

Bit of a selfish comment - as someone who is red/green colourblind I find certain fights tricky with this background.
    I’m sorry, I didn’t think about that.

Hopefully with the danger room arena addition they add the ability to select your preferred arena in settings or something, to avoid this.
    How awesome would that be? Some of the dark backgrounds are a bit too, er,... dark for me. I would love to be able to select a default background for all content.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    You should have seen Void before he became sparkly
  • EgretM4EgretM4 Posts: 172 ★★
    Crcrcrc said:

FiiNCH said:

Crcrcrc said:

Hopefully with the danger room arena addition they add the ability to select your preferred arena in settings or something, to avoid this.
    What is the danger room arena addition? I haven’t heard anything about that
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

FiiNCH said:

Crcrcrc said:

All good, my comment looked way harsher than I meant it!

And yeah, that would be awesome if they could do something like that
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Also why are people even disagreeing to people saying they have a condition like what you know better about their body than them? ummm like grow up some of ya kids

They probably find this cool and all. Ngl even I do think it's cool. The only problem I've ever had is when Quaking here when not completely focused. However the ability to choose background or something would be nice for such situations. It reiterates that more graphic optimisation is needed.
  • iRanjaniRanjan Posts: 64
    I agree. The red background is not kind to the eyes. Please Kabam - give us the option to pick and choose our background templates and let the fights cycle through the pre-selected options
  • AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    The problem appears when playing at night with low light. I agree with OP
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    edited April 2021
    FiiNCH said:

Crcrcrc said:

That's not the games fault though.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    Agree that this background is more distracting than others. Especially when fighting Symbiote Supreme, at least for me.
  • hermherm Posts: 415 ★★
    if you're partially blind in any regard, epileptic, and or near/farsighted, I can definitely see this being an issue. Although the solution to this is complicated. The best I can think of short-term could be inverting the colors on your phone for these fights. But long term, if they want to fix this, maybe they should add blindness options in the game settings menu. You could have a highlight outline option for stuff like this, a dull colors option for stuff like psycho man's specials, etc.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

FiiNCH said:

Crcrcrc said:

That's not the games fault though.
    God this is a stupid comment
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Maybe you could try to brighten the screen. Idk if that will help though.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    I just had another frustrating Void fight on this background, this time against Sym. They really should set Danger room to show up more often. I have seen it less than 5 times since it entered the game. Much better than this hell