**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is colossus really dependent on synergies?

2»

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

GagoH said:

Ksp_2099 said:

I don't think that he is completely dependent on synergies.

Of course synergies helps him to finish fights faster. You can see significant difference in damage with and without synergies.

I ranked him for utility and I use him without synergies. He is pretty solid without synergies, too. Even without synergies he hits pretty hard if you get crits.

What utility aside from immunities? Not saying he has none, but for someone with an expansive roster, hed mainly be used on paths where his immunities come into play. Maybe nodes that benefit parry heavy as well
    He's a general lane clearing beast, especially with synergies, he doesn't depend on one play style or the other. Additionally, he has a silent stun or something on the first hit of his heavy so in-case you want to parry heavy evade champs, you can do that reliably without worrying since he purifies parry-stun. Rest all have been said above.
    Nevertheless, his utility falls short from that of AA and mags, which is the point I was getting a long. Sure hes a lane clearing beast, but odds are you’re more likely going to bring Mags or AA, especially without the OR synergy
    And so what if his utility falls short of them. No one said he's better than them. Just arguing over your point that he has no utility over immunities which he clearly has. So what people will likely use Mags and AA over him? He's still quite good and people will keep using him too.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    GagoH said:

Another thing that works against Colossus is that he’s not suicide friendly, whereas his best synergy partner needs suicides more than any other champion in the game...

Wut? Colossus is fine with suicides, especially with synergies. At base he is bleed immune and if you use Omega synergy, he at most needs two specials to finish a fight, that's max 10% damage. You can even go for sp3 which hits pretty hard even without synergies.
    With Prof X synergy, he can gain up to 72% poison resistance I believe which gives him practically free healing. Ofc he's not as good as Omega in terms of dealing with suicides but it's not too bad to use him with that.