**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena needs changes ....highest cut off...non life...non money ...

DiegoVDiegoV Posts: 39
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
it is not today that the arenas have been giving problems with the sudden increase of scores.

players top tier dominate them as they have a larger game of 5 * heroes.

Why not make the arena fairer for medium players?

kabam arenas need to be changed

or do we have to stay in the game all day to get some achievement?

We need to live to earn money to spend on the game.
Post edited by Kabam Rimehaven on

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Don't go for featured, go for the basics. All champs are in the basic arena at some point.
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    How do u suggest it be changed? Free champs for everyone?
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    Nobody grinds over the last milestone, everybodys happy with less grinding, case closed. NEXT!!
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    The_One wrote: »
    Top 500 get a 5* feature and the top 10% get a 4* feature but don't count the top 500 in the top 10% so the cutoff for top 10% is worked out from what ever score the person that placed 501 got
    Top 500 get a 5* feature and the top 10% get a 4* feature but don't count the top 500 in the top 10% so the cutoff for top 10% is worked out from what ever score the person that placed 501 got

Then what would the basic go to ,25%? I agree arena needs a rework but the rewards aspect I've always been fine with, 10% for a featured 4 star seems very low when you take into consideration how it would affect how many people get the basic 4 star. Maybe top 5% for the featured and top 15% for the basic would be fair when 5* arenas are eventually introduced
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Sungj wrote: »

Then what would the basic go to ,25%? I agree arena needs a rework but the rewards aspect I've always been fine with, 10% for a featured 4 star seems very low when you take into consideration how it would affect how many people get the basic 4 star. Maybe top 5% for the featured and top 15% for the basic would be fair when 5* arenas are eventually introduced

Features and basic arenas are separate.
    Keep basic as it is now
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    This whole topic has been discussed ad nauseam, There aren't that many people who play arena, at any given time maybe 30k to 40k, So in actuality higher than the top 10% get basic, hence why the cut off is so low. When it comes to featured you have the same core group of people driving the top 50 score higher and higher depending on champ. And scores have increased because rosters have increased, there isn't actually more grinding going on. The key is make arena a must play event, meaning the rewards are so great for very little effort a person would be a fool not to play. Basic is pretty close to that now, but I still don't play, LOL. It is just so mindlessly boring.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    If any arena rewards need changed, it's the catalyst arenas. Those brackets haven't changed since the game began. Seriously. The top 50 - FIFTY!! - in the world get an extra catalyst. The class catalyst arena doesn't award class catalysts. Or even class catalyst shards!

Sort that @#&* out before beefing up the hero arenas.
  • FabiFabi Posts: 64
    They Need just Bann the Arena bots.....
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    MadMarks wrote: »
    This whole topic has been discussed ad nauseam, There aren't that many people who play arena, at any given time maybe 30k to 40k, So in actuality higher than the top 10% get basic, hence why the cut off is so low. When it comes to featured you have the same core group of people driving the top 50 score higher and higher depending on champ. And scores have increased because rosters have increased, there isn't actually more grinding going on. The key is make arena a must play event, meaning the rewards are so great for very little effort a person would be a fool not to play. Basic is pretty close to that now, but I still don't play, LOL. It is just so mindlessly boring.

I have no idea where you are getting your numbers, but arena scores are analyzed on Reddit. Typically between 100,000 and 140,000 players play the basic arena and make it to the rank reward threshold. Which means even more play it in general. Of that number, the top 10% get the basic champ, which is typically between 10,000 and 14,000 players.

If you made the arena compulsory, you couldn't actually force people at gunpoint to play it. You would just be assuming that all 1.3 million+ players are in it, and most are scoring zero. That means over 130,000 players would be getting the basic. That is essentially everyone currently grinding the arena in any significant fashion which turns the arena into a participation event.

In other words, that's not happening.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

At those numbers a huge number of players would shift into the new featured arena because instead of 800 players getting the featured 4* you would now have thousands. And the more people that shifted over the more players that would get it. All you would need is for enough players to be convinced to #getinthepool in that arena. You'd likely be increasing the number of players getting the 4* featured by an order of magnitude or more, which is a huge amount. You might as well just hand out the 4* featured in the current featured arena to the top 10% at that point.

In other words, that's not happening either.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    Interesting reading the posts by @DNA3000 advice; who generally seems to know what he's talking about.

I don't have the grasp on MCOC stats that DNA does, so I'm expecting (and very happy) to have a bit of critical analysis/predictions on a couple of my thoughts:

1) 10% does seem too many people to get the feature; but what about just slightly increasing the rewards in the Featured arena so the top 1% (or even 0.5%) got a basic version of the Featured champion?

2) Alternately, introduce a consolation prize for the top 1% (or even 10%): a Featured crystal that works like the monthly login crystal; with a guaranteed 3* and rare 4* basic version of the Featured champion. This would at least let the top tier expand their rosters with new characters, even if they didn't get the 4*.

3) What if being Uncollected put you in a new arena bracket? Beginner, intermediate, veteran, Uncollected? This would take a lot of high-scoring players into their own arena (and out of mine!); and Kabam could increase the cut off in that arena to the top 10% without massively affecting the pool; as most of those guys are grinding daily anyway.

4) Alternately, an extra (separate) Uncollected arena, possibly for 5* Featured; although that still leaves these end-game players free to out-compete less advanced players for the 4* Featured arena, so won't do much for the cut-offs. But would Kabam want to give so many 5* characters away? If not, why not make this arena a week long; or even two weeks long, to go with the Uncollected calendar.

I could see options 1 and 2 (in isolation) actually raising the cut-offs; but on the plus side, probably increasing player satisfaction; which is good too. Heaven knows, the community needs a bit of that! Put options 2 and 3 together, perhaps, and we're starting to see the potential for some real impact on the arenas. Not sure about option 4, but let's face it there's got to be a 5* arena some time. And it might pull some of the top tier away from the 4* Featured arena.

I'll now hand over for these ideas to be forensically dissected (or alternatively; they might just be chewed up and spit out...)
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Interesting reading the posts by @DNA3000 advice; who generally seems to know what he's talking about.

I don't have the grasp on MCOC stats that DNA does, so I'm expecting (and very happy) to have a bit of critical analysis/predictions on a couple of my thoughts:

1) 10% does seem too many people to get the feature; but what about just slightly increasing the rewards in the Featured arena so the top 1% (or even 0.5%) got a basic version of the Featured champion?

2) Alternately, introduce a consolation prize for the top 1% (or even 10%): a Featured crystal that works like the monthly login crystal; with a guaranteed 3* and rare 4* basic version of the Featured champion. This would at least let the top tier expand their rosters with new characters, even if they didn't get the 4*.

3) What if being Uncollected put you in a new arena bracket? Beginner, intermediate, veteran, Uncollected? This would take a lot of high-scoring players into their own arena (and out of mine!); and Kabam could increase the cut off in that arena to the top 10% without massively affecting the pool; as most of those guys are grinding daily anyway.

4) Alternately, an extra (separate) Uncollected arena, possibly for 5* Featured; although that still leaves these end-game players free to out-compete less advanced players for the 4* Featured arena, so won't do much for the cut-offs. But would Kabam want to give so many 5* characters away? If not, why not make this arena a week long; or even two weeks long, to go with the Uncollected calendar.

I could see options 1 and 2 (in isolation) actually raising the cut-offs; but on the plus side, probably increasing player satisfaction; which is good too. Heaven knows, the community needs a bit of that! Put options 2 and 3 together, perhaps, and we're starting to see the potential for some real impact on the arenas. Not sure about option 4, but let's face it there's got to be a 5* arena some time. And it might pull some of the top tier away from the 4* Featured arena.

I'll now hand over for these ideas to be forensically dissected (or alternatively; they might just be chewed up and spit out...)
    Yea I'm uncollected and I'll rather not compete with the whales lol

• I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited October 2017
    Some people suggest you don't grind the Featured arena because you'll have no chance against top players for the 800 places. That's right, then they suggest you grind for the Basic despite many top players are already grinding here because 800 places is a small number even for top players.
    You'll have a chance in the basic, right, but if the champ is desirabled you should be thinking in quit your job/collegue/whatever for grind. And everyday it will be harder because those guys are pushing the bar far everyweek, maybe you dont have time but they do have it.

The simple and fair solution are brackets. If it's a contest people should contest according to their tier. But big fishes dont want it, because they want easy rewards contesting against "nobody", so don't expect support here.
    Heck, even there's already brackets in AW and some guys are exploiting the matchmaking system in many ways just to fight easy contenders.
    Dropfaith wrote: »

3 is selfish you can't compete so you want the people who can to have to do more and you less..
    It's a.contest you don't win champions by moving the actual winners to a different league..

That hardly makes you a winner
    Real Contests in Real World work in that way, there are different leagues according to the strong of the contenders.
    But "competitives" brats don't want a real Contest, they want easy rewards.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The Arena is a contest agaisnt other Players. It takes time, effort, and a sufficient Roster and/or Mastery setup to compete. The idea is to put up enough Points to make the goal, and that goal is dependent on the scores of others. It's not unattainable. It takes work to get to a point where it's easier. The more we get and the more we Rank, the more Points we make. More Points mean less time Grinding. Like many aspects of the game, it takes work.
  • DiegoVDiegoV Posts: 39
    How do u suggest it be changed? Free champs for everyone?

not just create a system

even if it is introduced in the brands or create a basic of the main

after all everyone '' pro or not '' need to have an opportunity to have something new in the tournament

3 * is useless.
  • DiegoVDiegoV Posts: 39
    danielmath wrote: »
    Don't go for featured, go for the basics. All champs are in the basic arena at some point.

new synergies .. new in-game opportunities

wait 4 months to get a chance to fight for a new champion.

it does not need to be easy

But it does not have to be a monopoly either.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Im fairly new level 46. This is the 1st time i go all out in arena, want that basic ( 4* iceman) im at 1mil 700k. I usally play between seeing patients at work and from 9pm to 12am at home, gonna pull a long night and hope for the best.
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    Honestly if kabam holds to there word which they never do the only way to get a 5* is through Crystal no arena should no 5* arena
  • Wolves212Wolves212 Posts: 17
    It time to stop playing . It's been 2 years 8 months and I still can't beat ROL, RTTL PART 3, AND I CAN'T BEAT ANYTHING IN ACT 5 AT ALL NO MATTER HOW MANY RANK 4&5 CHAMPS I HAVE it's just to hard I've stayed just to play the monthly events that's all I can beat
  • KyrazmomKyrazmom Posts: 159

[/quote]

Also I wanna know where the easy rewards are for us top guys I just did 21m for mephisto[/quote]

I’d like to know where the easy rewards are too, since I just put up 20.4 mil for Mephisto. It wasn’t easy, it wasn’t all that fun (arena is quite boring), and I couldn’t keep suicides on cause I have a heal block lane in AQ, so it cost me some units to put them on and off throughout AQ and the arena.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    The arenas are incredibly boring and a terrible design, but they aren't going to change them. You aren't really playing against other players. You are doing pseudo-competitive grinding against players who have way too much free time. People with real lives and responsibilities can't go for the more desired champions. Instead, we have to try for the low tier champions because no one really wants them. They are "throw away" champions only useful for more arena grinding. It's an unsatisfying cycle that has no end goal.
    edited October 2017
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    Some people suggest you don't grind the Featured arena because you'll have no chance against top players for the 800 places. That's right, then they suggest you grind for the Basic despite many top players are already grinding here because 800 places is a small number even for top players.
    You'll have a chance in the basic, right, but if the champ is desirabled you should be thinking in quit your job/collegue/whatever for grind. And everyday it will be harder because those guys are pushing the bar far everyweek, maybe you dont have time but they do have it.

The simple and fair solution are brackets. If it's a contest people should contest according to their tier. But big fishes dont want it, because they want easy rewards contesting against "nobody", so don't expect support here.
    Heck, even there's already brackets in AW and some guys are exploiting the matchmaking system in many ways just to fight easy contenders.

3 is selfish you can't compete so you want the people who can to have to do more and you less..
    It's a.contest you don't win champions by moving the actual winners to a different league..

That hardly makes you a winner
    Real Contests in Real World work in that way, there are different leagues according to the strong of the contenders.
    But "competitives" brats don't want a real Contest, they want easy rewards.

So let.me get this right here you want brackets so it's easy rewards for you.. and the top are brats cause they don't want brackets cause they want easy rewards?
    Nop, you don't get it.
    I say brackets are fair because it will be not easy reward for anyone, because everybody will be in a pool with similar fishes. The best in everypool will win.
    No brackets is easy rewards for the top. Many people don't want changes because they profit those easy rewards for them.

If you grind 20mil for Mephisto it's because (you have a lot free time and because) you're in a pool with bigger fishes pushing the bar far for you.
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    If a "medium" player goes for a basic.. they have a shot.. however if you don't have a decent 5* roster you have no chance at getting 18-20 mill points. And bluntly, that's how it should be. Why should upper tier players be punished for their success? They had to progress just like you are now. In fact, if you've played this game for over a year, your progress is far slower than that of people that have joined since the new arenas / 12.0 update.

Would you rather go back to a format in arena where only people that could put up 10+ mill could even get the basic most of the time?
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Well, Kabam did make Summoner Trials for 1 and 2 stars only, and the 2 and 3 stars only and the 3 and 4 stars only which is pretty fair game if you try hard enough. Maybe use up all the champs you have in the 4 and 5 star arena and see what you get.
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    Vision_41 wrote: »
    Well, Kabam did make Summoner Trials for 1 and 2 stars only, and the 2 and 3 stars only and the 3 and 4 stars only which is pretty fair game if you try hard enough. Maybe use up all the champs you have in the 4 and 5 star arena and see what you get.

I wouldn't mind a feature 2* being added to the summoner trials.. that would help low tier players
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    edited October 2017
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    Vision_41 wrote: »

I wouldn't mind a feature 2* being added to the summoner trials.. that would help low tier players

Summoner Trial should be at least the 3* Basic.

Many people claim the new format is better than the old one. That is right but "Summoner Trials" is worse.
    In the old format a newbie could use his 2*s for the 3* Featured!. Today 2*s don't give you the 3*F, not the 3*B, just give you shards. Sad, when I was newbie I got every 3*F.