**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Let's talk about this guy...

avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips
It's guardian
1.How valuable is he?
2. strengths
3. Uses
4. weaknesses
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    In my opinion the best part about him is his synergy
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★

It's guardian
    1.How valuable is he?
    2. strengths
    3. Uses
    4. weaknesses

I'm crossing off all the variants in my list and this guy was invaluable in v1. His energy resistance at high sig is insane. Solo'd difficult Magik and Electro matchups - when you're restricted to Mystic/Tech.

The Magik solos were the most impressive, since they have energize and pretty much always proc limbo. 2-3 of those will kill any r5.

Solos AQ Apoc with very little risk. Done the same for AW Apoc bosses as well.

Increases block proficiency for your whole team.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    He's an amazing champion useful for many scenarios.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★

I personally think he's better than G2099

Don't compare that peasant to my queen 🔥🔥
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    The more I play my s200 5, the more I like him and want as a 6. He's actually great to have on your attack team sometimes. Can counter a few meta defenders on the war map and gives your team better block proficiency.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021

"Solos AQ Apoc with very little risk. Done the same for AW Apoc bosses as well.

Increases block proficiency for your whole team."

This. Very good for Apocs, Havoks, Dominos, Rage nodes, any defender that punishes crits, etc.

• gage201205gage201205 Posts: 572 ★★★
    I think everyone has said good things about him but his worst weakness is his crits deal shock damage, take him against a shock immune or shock resistant its a long match.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★

I think everyone has said good things about him but his worst weakness is his crits deal shock damage, take him against a shock immune or shock resistant its a long match.

True.... but then you wouldn't do it.. use someone else. Thumbs up for the note though.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★

It's guardian
    1.How valuable is he?
    2. strengths
    3. Uses
    4. weaknesses

He is perfection
    Always on my questing team
    Wastes Magik
    And eats Domino for Breakfast
    My favourite tech champ and i have every good tech champ at least rank 4 cept HB
    He is also tanky and perfect parries high attack ratings
    The perfect blend of Utility and damage

The perfect blend of Utility and damage

@SpideyFunko
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Really underrated champ, with great utility especially at high sig and with suicides. He’d be a lot better if he didn’t have that sluggish Namor-like ramp up vibe
  • UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★
    Great character. He's got cool animations, fantastic damage, great sustainability, fantastic utility, really good synergies, and his sig ability is not necessary, but it makes him even better. His only real weakness is that at a low sig, he isn't suicide friendly and whether awakened or not, his damage takes kinda long to get built up in longer fights. But he's still a beast. 9/10 imo, whoever designed this character knocked it out of the park.
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    Idk about saying his sig ability isn’t necessary. I’d say his sig contains the crucial parts of his utility — block proficiency, and all the resistances. Without it all he’s got is “do not crit” ability.

Because his ramp up takes multiple sp3’s or a lot of sp1’s, I find power control can be a problem. He has a dinky, use-in-case-of-emergency power control on his 4th light attack, but I find it more awkward than helpful. Also he loses his armor up on the big sp2 so u have to be wary of that in some fights and prepare accordingly. Both situations neuter his damage a little bit. No heal block in the kit, vs some of the other top techs.

Ghost, warlock, g2099, HB , Guardian are top 5 tech imo, maybe throw Sentinel in there as well. The top 3 are a little more all-around versatile. But then Guardian’s in that next group depending on what u need.

Makes a good attack team w White Mags and a prof X.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    He’s the third best tech IMO