**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rank5 4* SL or Ultron

Just finished act 4 100%. Have a generic awakening gem and have enough T4CC to R5 a Tech champion.

My next aim in the game is to become Uncollected. LOL should be later on. Should I R5 SL or Ultron?

Other 4* R5 I have are Hyperion and Dr Voodoo (soon) Both duped.

Comments

• MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Are either of them awakened? If neither are duped, use the gem on star lord. If they’re already duped it depends on what you need them for. I don’t like using ultron personally but he is a very useful champion for clearing lanes in AQ since he has 2 immunities and Regen. If you already have other champs for that, you might as well go with star lord and take him in to kill bosses. I always use mine for dormammu or AW bosses, he’s seriously good at r5. He’s just pretty average against champs that don’t have high health. I used star lord to get to the collector in that last quest but he’s not good at fighting him. It’s extremely difficult to Build a combo against him so he doesn’t get the massive damage from it. Ultron probably won’t be much better against him either so not really a deciding factor. Put simply:

Lane clearing in AQ-ultron
    Bosses and high health champs- star lord.
  • TitanPunchTitanPunch Posts: 60
    Thanks. Both are unduped at the moment but I have 1 generic awakening gem.

Have grown to like Ultron while clearing act 4. His bleed/stun/heal abilities are pretty handy and make him a useful champ. I have Hyperion at R5 which is good at dealing damage provided he can stun opponents. Am totally new to star lord.
    edited October 2017
    TitanPunch wrote: »
    Just finished act 4 100%. Have a generic awakening gem and have enough T4CC to R5 a Tech champion.

My next aim in the game is to become Uncollected. LOL should be later on. Should I R5 SL or Ultron?

Other 4* R5 I have are Hyperion and Dr Voodoo (soon) Both duped.

I would rank up a 5* before a 4*.
    Pretty soon 4* won't be worth the T4 class cats

I know what you mean but I think 4* are still pretty good when duped! Goal is to get though act 5 next.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

Have grown to like Ultron while clearing act 4. His bleed/stun/heal abilities are pretty handy and make him a useful champ. I have Hyperion at R5 which is good at dealing damage provided he can stun opponents. Am totally new to star lord.

If you’re able to maintain a high combo star lord has incredible damage awakened. Ultron isn’t worth a generic if you do choose him but star lord definitely is. He has so much gain from being awakened. Just keep a combo and use sp2. That’s really all there is to it, simple but effective.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★

In the end, I'd like to think that preference should be a high priority to follow. While Star Lord is certainly much better than Ultron in terms of dealing damage, Ultron is great with his average attack but good bleed&poison immunity as well as being a great survivor due to his regen. If you are more comfortable fighting with Ultron than Star Lord, I'd say rank up Ultron. The more comfortable you are with a champion, the better you will use them.

As for awakening advise, even though you are more comfortable with Ultron, it is much better to use it on Star Lord because most of Star Lord's potential and power lies in his signature ability. Ultron's potential is pretty much his abilities, and his sig ability is just simply the icing on the cake and you don't really need it (though it still has its uses, just not as useful as Star Lord's).
  • Tjack92Tjack92 Posts: 31
    @Korporate_Kurt maestro advice is to push him to sp2 if not then don’t try to block his sp1 you will die. At the very least you have to evade the last beam
  • Jim0172Jim0172 Posts: 85
    Star Lord all day.
  • Cosmos_2002Cosmos_2002 Posts: 137
    edited October 2017
    Awaken Star Lord,

Ultron was one of first 3*s and I grew to love him...

Now I have champs like drax, gwenpool and starlord who end fights so fast that there is no need for regen.

My OG cap can also finish fights without taking any damage.

And my GH's Regen can take me for near death to full health.

What I mean to say is that soon you will get champs that will make Ultron seem less useful

Ultron is great for his immunities and handy regency, but he seriously lacks damage output.

Star lord's SP2 is a fight ender, My awakened R4 does around 15k, without suicides, that is the first SP2 by the way.

@TitanPunch I am working on clearing act 4 right now. Im on 4.4.3 right now fighting the Elektra who stuns randomly and it seems to be a breeze. I dont expect to see any trouble except Maestro at the end. Any tips or advice?
    @TitanPunch I am working on clearing act 4 right now. Im on 4.4.3 right now fighting the Elektra who stuns randomly and it seems to be a breeze. I dont expect to see any trouble except Maestro at the end. Any tips or advice?

If you find 4.4.3 a breeze, the last 2 chapters should be fine as well. No more surprises like the Jugg or Magneto in 4.3. You might want to watch videos of Maestro's SP1 a few times to differentiate it from his heavy attack. Be prepared to revive a few times before getting the rhythm though. That's to be expected. Good luck!
    Thanks all for advice. Most useful. I will awaken Starlord for sure and bring him to rank 4 first. Once I get the hang of using him, will then R5 him. Cheers.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Starlord seems to be a key to unlock some of the longer content in the game so he's always great to have handy. Ultron is the AQ mvp because he is double immune, regens, has bleeds (and some random evades?). It's not an easy pick, but I'm leaning overall still Starlord. Plus he's really cute.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Tempest wrote: »
    Starlord seems to be a key to unlock some of the longer content in the game so he's always great to have handy. Ultron is the AQ mvp because he is double immune, regens, has bleeds (and some random evades?). It's not an easy pick, but I'm leaning overall still Starlord. Plus he's really cute.

He does all this unawakened, SL unawakened is total garbage. If you're using a gem is clearly SL I think.

With awakening gems, you gotta look at who gains more from their awakened ability, not just who you think is the better champ.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Star Lord mate, he will clear act 5 for you. Ultron is a pillow hands
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Starlord.

Screw ultron, far to much hype for a midtier champ.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    No one goes from 0 to hero like a star lord does when he's awakened.