**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Guardian, Why is he good?

jdeck59jdeck59 Posts: 1,035 ★★★★
First off, this is not a troll post. This is a serious question as to why people rank guardian so useful for content?

Everyone agrees Ghost is number one so I'll keep her out, but how does he outshine 2099? When I use guardian in AQ for the no crit mod, he requires a SP3 plus SP2 to finish the fight. With 2099 you have to make the fight try to last until SP3 to carry your combo and if you mess up you still regen back to 50% health.

Then people show his damage, but can't Hulkbuster finish fights in less hit and time compared to guardian?

Warlock is warlock and unless he can stop healing and have those immunities he doesn't compare to him either.

Only thing left is his synergies or his counter to Domino with blocking proficiency and abilities, but that doesn't make him a top tech.

Maybe I am missing something, but still not sure as to why the forums love this guy so much.

Comments

• BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    I’m kinda with you I’ve taken him to r5 and awakened etc as most of my rank ups now are because stuff is expiring but I don’t see a use for him ahead of g99 warlock ghost and HB.

Not saying he’s bad just not sure what hole he’s supposed to be plugging.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Why is Gaurdian so good??
    ...It’s cause he’s Canadian bub
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    What everyone else said and infinite shock for some champs.
  • AceOfDiamondAceOfDiamond Posts: 197 ★★
    He is my top champ and probably most used one too. So maybe I can share some stuff about Guardian.
    He really feels clunky in small fight as his main dmg comes from building up charges and that big sp2 payoff. But in fights with 150k-200k hp fights, which is what most end game champs have, he generally requires two sp1-sp2 combo to finish them off. For an average fight like the ones in this months SQ, fights last 40-43 hits at most.
    His main ability is to maneuver the fight without taking too much block dmg and does not have to worry about opponent sp3 because of his on demand power drain with a five hit combo finishing with light.
  • Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    His block proficiency boosts up the whole team. He can carry parry projectiles and mitigates all those annoying special attack block damage which allows you to be at 100% health throughout the fight. Has cool resistances, works fine for caltrops, Havok/Domino/Magik/ Iceman counter, deals energy damage so korg counter and no crits allow him to counter mister sinister. His damage is really good, kinda overshadowed by G2099 in longer fights but still really good. He also has taunt so never a bad option for all or nothing (not the best but still). What else? I see him as 4th best tech (Ghost >Warlock>G2099> Guardian).
  • high block prof, high energy resist, able to parry projectiles, does not crit, high burst damage, good block prof synergy. I use guardian regularly in war and in content, both for his abilities and for his synergy.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    Ctuchik said:

I do love my Guardian.

It is a slow pace champ. You need to build up charges to get to the good damage as you said which makes a lot of other champs more viable if thats the problem you have with him.

But he is also almost bleed immune + that he cuts down loads of other energy based damage when he is high sig. Block proficency is ridicoulously high too.

I dont know, but you can just play it slow and safely with him. Thats what I like about him i guess. No stressful rotation that you need to keep up with and you can block hard dexed specials without chipping away to much health.

This
    His utility outshines many in his class
    He has On demand power drain
    75% Chance to auto block specials
    Ridiculous sp2 damage with a little ramp
    Boost your whole teams block proficiency
    Taunt
    Perfect for thunderstruck
    Can parry Projectiles
    Wastes domino ( My favorite reason)
    High block proficiency ( unless they have block penetration parries are perfect)
    High energy resistance for Magik and Domino
    edited May 2021
    Honestly he was a very well made champ
    He is always on my questing team

Taunt
    Can parry Projectiles
    High block proficiency ( unless they have block penetration parries are perfect)

@SpideyFunko
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★

Taunt
    Can parry Projectiles

I'll add some points, he can block unblockable sps of mutants, can heal from bleed with willpower if high sig( bleed+ER)
    really tanky if awakened
    scared of masacre's Sp2 block dmg, he can parry it
    armor up buff can make a joke out of havok
    parry projectile hits
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Never been a fan of guardian, but he has done interesting utility when max sig. the BP for others Is very nice
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Taunt
    Can parry Projectiles

@ SpideyFunko
    leave me alone you bugger I already commented on the thread
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    @SpideyFunko can't seem to pull him so obviously he's good.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    He's definitely overrated but he's still good. At sig 0, his best tool is his synergy. He needs like 120+ sigs to be usable for some diverse content, he's good for stuff that requires bleed immune and energy resistance but that's about it.

you calling Quake bad?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

you calling Quake bad?
    Quake and Prof X is an exception.
    (As will be the June-buffed, all-new, bgt Sentry)

you calling Quake bad?
    Quake and Prof X is an exception.
    (As will be the June-buffed, all-new, bgt Sentry)
    The disrespect to Killmonger, Night Thrasher, Magneto, iBom, and others

He's definitely overrated but he's still good. At sig 0, his best tool is his synergy. He needs like 120+ sigs to be usable for some diverse content, he's good for stuff that requires bleed immune and energy resistance but that's about it.

C'mon man, then i think u don't use him

do u really think that he only has ER?
    are u reading the above posts on what he has?
    and if u think his basic attacks are trash, try him once, his shock dmg is really good.
    having the ability not to crit is a phenomenal ability today.
    and i'm not gonna write whole things again and again, already written about his utility
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

and if u think his basic attacks are trash, try him once, his shock dmg is really good.
    and i'm not gonna write whole things again and again, already written about his utility
    I have him, r1 lvl25 6* unduped and 5* unleveled sig 40. And yes I read his basic abilities, his ramp-up takes up time and after all that time he still can't kill the opponent if his sp2 doesn't "crit". His utility is good at a high sig but it doesn't cover a whole lot, block prof is okay but I prefer the synergy, and bleed counter is common. His energy resistance is the only good thing he has on him, his synergy is tied with that, not critting is pretty good so it can be third.

I have him, r1 lvl25 6* unduped and 5* unleveled sig 40. And yes I read his basic abilities, his ramp-up takes up time and after all that time he still can't kill the opponent if his sp2 doesn't "crit". His utility is good at a high sig but it doesn't cover a whole lot, block prof is okay but I prefer the synergy, and bleed counter is common. His energy resistance is the only good thing he has on him, his synergy is tied with that, not critting is pretty good so it can be third.
    I've said enough