**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Classic Black Panther( Post buff thoughts.....so far)

NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★

IT'S FINALLY HERE

So starting off with the most obvious thing........new animations! I gotta say these are some nice clean new animations, sp1 hands down my favorite animation out of the three special attacks. His sp3 did stay the same, but with the added purple/pink glow kinda resembling the kinetic energy that you'll see from the Black Panther film. Very nice and fun.

His play style so far is fun, if you're someone that plays/likes the play style of Ronin, Jabari Panther, Hit Monkey, Corvus, Ghost, and Immortal Hulk(Just to name a few) you are going to enjoy this recently buffed up BP. Against opponents vulnerable to bleed and an aggressive play style, you'll be able to keep Panthers Might for a great deal of the fight. Gaining that charges are also SOOO easy to get, but entering panthers might is what matters, so if you cant throw a heavy, using the sp1 will be your best opt if you wanna get it.
His new ability to shurg off debuffs is also a big bonus, as you will be able to shrug of the debuffs completely, of course., so this makes for a great time if you run double edge/Liquid Courage.

Damage wise I have to unfortunately say Im VERRRRRYYY Underwhelmed and Im ALL about numbers......as much as I love utility one of the things I LOVED about OG BP was that his bleed damage were pretty stellar when you had Tigra, HB, and the newly released Jabari Panther. He would be able to reach 2k+ bleeds fairly quickly. I would have 8 bleeds dealing 2k and now I had 16 bleeds dealing 2.1k.....double the bleeds but barely an increase( IM TRULY HOPING THIS is just not working properly and his bleeds should be dealing more damage)

Results

I will not deny I still really enjoy him, so far I have only used him Cav Eq, couple of fights in V1 for skill/Mutant Quest, ROL, and Rulk fight in LOL.
BUT like I said I am all about damage when it came to BP so just bummed about his bleed damage is all. LITERALLY everything else I really enjoy, animations, shrugg off ability, and what not.

He's got some fun to offer you but not game changing unfortunately and Id say just take Hit Monkey instead.

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I wish he didn’t need sig 200, makes him pretty hard to invest in as a 6* over other skill champs
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★

if his cruelty didn't stop at 15, then his damage would be so much more insane. still very happy overall with the buff

Same everything but the damage has been satisfying to me so far
  • Wasiq_75Wasiq_75 Posts: 152 ★★
    Tbh, he is very practical to use now. Doesn’t need any synergies and really fun to play with some good damage and solid utility. Pre Buff Black Panther did have the damage but it was so impractical to get the damage as u need to dedicate the whole team for BP, nobody really used him for content clearing. But i think now he might have some great potential for some future content. I really loved his Buff. Also practicing with him can make everyone Intercepting beast.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Glad to know. Over 600 champs and the highest I have him is as a 3*, lmao.
    Wasiq_75 said:

Tbh, he is very practical to use now. Doesn’t need any synergies and really fun to play with some good damage and solid utility. Pre Buff Black Panther did have the damage but it was so impractical to get the damage as u need to dedicate the whole team for BP, nobody really used him for content clearing. But i think now he might have some great potential for some future content. I really loved his Buff. Also practicing with him can make everyone Intercepting beast.

Ok but the thing is the team dedicated around him were actually good
    -Tigra in the right hands is doing just as good as CGR(minus the immunities)

-Hulkbuster is another great champ but unfortunately cant has a short heavy reach, so even the slightest distance can make you miss a heavy attack

-Jabari Panther is a fresh new champ who is SOOOOO nice rn

There are of course more champs, but those main three will suffice.

He’s great for utility and some ok damage now, but as I said I overhyped this overhaul and thats on me.

He's much better but Ill use Crossbones over him

Im on the same boat, i was thinking about holding out for a 6* bp, but im just gonna invest in my 6* CB instead
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Love the animations 💯

Diabolic said:

İf they wouldn't nerf Hulkbusters synergy it would be much better rework,as far as i test him,he would be no doubt 3/45 champion with hulkbuster now I'm not quite sure

Yeah its shame the synergy changed but what can you do?🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
    I can say now after more than 3 hours of testing him
    I REALLY overhyped how I imagined this overhaul was gonna be
    I think Magneto has set this expectation that overhaul = game breaking good champion

As, when we got to DDNF everyone expected him to be amazing. Overhaul just means the character has so little base abilities that they need new ones.

You could get a tune up to a champion and they could end up being the next big thing, and or you could get an overhaul that turns a dud into a pretty decent champion and that’s what we have got here.
    Yeah Ik that’s what I said in one of my more recent comments
    Its my fault I overhyped this buff, should’ve keep my expectations neutral
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Diabolic said:

İf they wouldn't nerf Hulkbusters synergy it would be much better rework,as far as i test him,he would be no doubt 3/45 champion with hulkbuster now I'm not quite sure

Yeah its shame the synergy changed but what can you do?🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
    I can say now after more than 3 hours of testing him
    I REALLY overhyped how I imagined this overhaul was gonna be
    I think Magneto has set this expectation that overhaul = game breaking good champion

As, when we got to DDNF everyone expected him to be amazing. Overhaul just means the character has so little base abilities that they need new ones.

You could get a tune up to a champion and they could end up being the next big thing, and or you could get an overhaul that turns a dud into a pretty decent champion and that’s what we have got here.
    Yeah Ik that’s what I said in one of my more recent comments
    Its my fault I overhyped this buff, should’ve keep my expectations neutral
    Yeah for sure, my comment wasn’t aimed at you by the way, just the community in general :)

I think we all get hyped about stuff, just the way these things goes, especially when we’ve known about it for about a month. It’s only natural to hype things
  • Wasiq_75Wasiq_75 Posts: 152 ★★

Wasiq_75 said:

Ok but the thing is the team dedicated around him were actually good
    -Tigra in the right hands is doing just as good as CGR(minus the immunities)

-Hulkbuster is another great champ but unfortunately cant has a short heavy reach, so even the slightest distance can make you miss a heavy attack

-Jabari Panther is a fresh new champ who is SOOOOO nice rn

There are of course more champs, but those main three will suffice.

He’s great for utility and some ok damage now, but as I said I overhyped this overhaul and thats on me.
    Yeah the team around him is really good. But are u really going to use Black Panther (Pre-Nerf) instead of Jabari, Tigra or Hulkbuster?

People are really misunderstanding Black Panther imo. Yeah sure he doesn’t deal any big yellow numbers or big red numbers. But with the utility he has and with his current damage, i really can't complain. And also his damage is not really bad as some people are saying. I took down LOL Red Hulk with just 210 hits with my rank 5. Which is not bad at all. Unfortunately couldn’t record the fight. But i just want to showcase a video of his damage that i recorded.
    https://youtu.be/kJnThSrGbTc

I think from now on, instead of expecting all overhauls to be Colossus or Magneto level, we have to expect them to make champs usable but not really good or anything. Im guessing that a good amount of the coming overhauls will make champs somewhat decent and every once in a while we will get an insane overhaul.

Yeah definitely gonna have to do that now haha
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    You can't expect every overhaul to be Beyond broken bgt. The point of the overhauls is to take Champions whose utility is next to nothing and give them something. This is about helping newer players with limited rosters and also to make you quell whatever desires you have to put yourselves on a 5150 when you pop crystals and don't immediately get the top Champs in the game.

At the end the day I may not be sending World Records but dang it I'm having fun.
    Just wanna test something here......

also Shang Chi and Mr. Mr negative drawing in the works.
    hoping to finish it before end of this week
  • MasterOfRaidsMasterOfRaids Posts: 5
    I just got a 5 star black panther from a mutant skill dual one since I was looking for a skill champion. Mainly Hit Monkey or Spidey Stealth Suit. I have the Tigra synergy on and I want to know if Black Panther is good or not for Act 4 because thats the main reason I grinded a 5 star crystal. It's my first 5 star too
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

I just got a 5 star black panther from a mutant skill dual one since I was looking for a skill champion. Mainly Hit Monkey or Spidey Stealth Suit. I have the Tigra synergy on and I want to know if Black Panther is good or not for Act 4 because thats the main reason I grinded a 5 star crystal. It's my first 5 star too

Any 5 star is good for act 4.