Buffed Black Panther special intercept bug

ZachealZacheal Member Posts: 37
The new buffed black panther might have a bug regarding his special intercept ability. It is stated that if black panther special intercepts an opponent, then all his strikes should be critical and give additional bleeds. However, upon testing this ability, it doesn't seem to be functioning. Unless Kabam has a different definition of special intercepting this is a bug that is robbing him of massive damage

https://youtu.be/9akAgrHW1dQ
bp.PNG 225.2K

Comments

• ZachealZacheal Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2021

But for real, you have to hit him while he's dashing or just after his first hit, you hit him after his second light

Have you seen Seatins's or lagacy's vid on him? They're doing what you're saying and what I'm doing. Either way, the ability is not triggering whether it is the first or second hit. Regardless, it should count as a special intercept. The vid I posted above was a quick demonstration, I've tried countless times to trigger it and its just not working
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,958 ★★★★★
    You didn't even intercept him lol
    edited May 2021
    Crcrcrc said:

I don't know what your definition of special intercept is but either way, it doesn't trigger. Go watch Seatin and Lagacy's vids on him. They intercept numerous times the way I did it and before the first hit. It isn't triggering. Again, the vid was a quick demonstration, I've tried countless times to trigger it whether it be before the first hit or otherwise, it doesn't trigger

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,958 ★★★★★
    Zacheal said:

Crcrcrc said:

I don't know what your definition of special intercept is but either way, it doesn't trigger. Go watch Seatin and Lagacy's vids on him. They intercept numerous times the way I did it and before the first hit. It isn't triggering. Again, the vid was a quick demonstration, I've tried countless times to trigger it whether it be before the first hit or otherwise, it doesn't trigger

Intercept his medium attack. I did it like 6 times yesterday
    Crcrcrc said:

Zacheal said:

Crcrcrc said:

Intercept his medium attack. I did it like 6 times yesterday
    Please, post a vid on it I'd love to see you do what lagacy and seatin couldnt
    edited May 2021
    YouTubers who couldn't Properly "intercept" as you two have said: Seatin, Lagacy, Karatemike, Mcoc Albundyrules. Others like kingslayer use the unblockable synergy and don't attempt to special intercept. I could find more but I'd be here all day. Y'all can doubt their ability to special intercept as much as y'all want but the ability simply isn't working. Even when all the hits are critical, there aren't any additional bleeds meaning that you got lucky and that the ability is broken. Again, I'd love to see someone prove me wrong. For those who'll try to, make sure that the special hits arent only all critical but also inflict an additional bleed per hit. I'm looking forward to seeing these vids
    edited May 2021
    Youtubers who couldn't intercept "properly" as you two have said: Seatin, Lagacy, Karatemike, Mcoc Albundyrules. Others like kingslayer and Jason Voorhees used the unblockable synergy with storm and didn't attempt to special intercept. Y'all can doubt my ability to special intercept, you can doubt their ability to special intercept, but the ability simply isn't working. Even when all the hits crit, they don't inflict an additional bleed per hit, meaning that you got lucky and the ability is broken. Again, I'd love to see someone try to prove me wrong. For those who'll try, make sure that all the hits aren't just critical but also inflict an additional bleed per hit. I'm looking forward to seeing these vids.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Member Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    If the opponent finishes their medium attack animation, it won't count as an intercept.
    edited May 2021

If the opponent finishes their medium attack animation, it won't count as an intercept.

would you like to demonstrate? Remember, every hit has to not only be critical but also inflict an additional bleed per hit
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Member Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    1:23
    https://youtu.be/a_9HVFRXHis

The special triggered the true strike from the killmonger synergy so it was definitely an intercept
  • NuclearOrkNuclearOrk Member Posts: 5

1:23
    https://youtu.be/a_9HVFRXHis

The special triggered the true strike from the killmonger synergy so it was definitely an intercept

Alright, apparently the four YouTubers along with myself were incorrect. Looking at both the vids, it seems that the easiest method is to backdraft special intercept although I believe other methods are possible. Thank you, you've proven me wrong
    thank you, you've also proven me wrong. I'm thinking backdraft special intercepting may be the way to go