**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts about the Arena Changes [Merged Threads]

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

The fact that I placed 3500th and was in the top 11-25% says so much. Less than 35k people put up more than 1.5 mil points

Did you mean 3.5k?
    No
    Oh nvm I'm dumb
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,941 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

The fact that I placed 3500th and was in the top 11-25% says so much. Less than 35k people put up more than 1.5 mil points

how many points did that take?
  • Options
    Darth_SaintDarth_Saint Posts: 26

It seems top 100 on feature was below 100m..place 55 was Kt1 and made 145 and if I am not mistaken maex with 105m was 75 so I would guess lower or very close to 100m

Negative. The cutoff for top 100 was 129 million. I placed 141st with 115 million. First and last time I ever grind arenas.
  • Options
    Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★

It seems top 100 on feature was below 100m..place 55 was Kt1 and made 145 and if I am not mistaken maex with 105m was 75 so I would guess lower or very close to 100m

Negative. The cutoff for top 100 was 129 million. I placed 141st with 115 million. First and last time I ever grind arenas.
    My apologies then, I thought I saw maex in YouTube made 105m and I saw him placed 75.. But obviously I am wrong

Sorry u miss out man
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★

People are going to hate me.. and I don't care 😂 I actually like the new arenas. Less grind for milestones (for me personally), took me about 1.5 runs with my 6*s to hit the milestones. I came out with more units because of the units being complied into one arena, and the higher milestones meaning I was getting more rewards for a higher grind.

It took me 4 6* runs and a couple 5* runs to hit 19.7m and 25m. As a result, the same grind that might have got me a 5* featured champ which wasn't hyped, or was a rerun, got me 1.5k 6* shards, and 8k 5* shards.

I actually got to take a day off arena and got better rewards from it.

I've got 88 6*s and about 20/30 are R2 or higher. I can feel the pain of people who haven't got many 6*s, the cut offs are now stupidly high because everyone's pushing higher for 6*s

Thank you 🙌

I’ve been saying this for last few days and everyone hating on me cause I also love them. I have similar size account and got same rewards with taking Sunday off - like I always do.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 ★★★★★

People are going to hate me.. and I don't care 😂 I actually like the new arenas. Less grind for milestones (for me personally), took me about 1.5 runs with my 6*s to hit the milestones. I came out with more units because of the units being complied into one arena, and the higher milestones meaning I was getting more rewards for a higher grind.

It took me 4 6* runs and a couple 5* runs to hit 19.7m and 25m. As a result, the same grind that might have got me a 5* featured champ which wasn't hyped, or was a rerun, got me 1.5k 6* shards, and 8k 5* shards.

I've got 88 6*s and about 20/30 are R2 or higher. I can feel the pain of people who haven't got many 6*s, the cut offs are now stupidly high because everyone's pushing higher for 6*s

No one is hates one you because the arena is suited to you roster but try to se it for a f2p and at Uc Hav in the world wil there get a reaone amount of unit pliz don’t only se it for your own profile
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Monk1 said:

Thank you 🙌

I’ve been saying this for last few days and everyone hating on me cause I also love them. I have similar size account and got same rewards with taking Sunday off - like I always do.
    Same here. I got 1-10% in the featured and 11-25% in the basic. It takes the same time as the old arena because I have only 52 6 star champs, and I fill in the gaps with 5 stars. Still, there was a gap between refreshes where I could just leave the arena and not grind with 3 and 2 stars. I still think they need to look at the milestones, but I like the format overall.
  • Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★

I missed stating max 4-Star is kind of useless.

I forgot to take an image on winning this fight. Think I was just shocked I got through.

Calculate the points total to get this.

4* are not entirely useless if you understand a bit more how the buggy streak formula really works. here's the evidence of mine that you can try when you run out of r5, r4 and r3 of 5* collection. this allows you to continue using up the remaining r2 and r1 of 5* collection to keep musing out points from them. you can also use this method of mine to combine it with 5* r5 and two r5 4* and work you way through all the 5* collection - that way you effectively use up everyone while maximizing all the points and slowly allow those 5* to finish working their cooldown duration. i'm just throwing an suggestion that you can try it out if your 5* collection isn't stacked. you can also use the same method for the 6*.
    Thank you so much. :)
    This means a lot for me.

Well, Mr Negative is mine to bag.

The trick, if you can call it that, is to not dip below circa 13k total team rating. If it does, the death match will appear.

This is after round 15 obviously, that’s the point when the gradual increase in team difficulty starts to reflect your team selection.
  • Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    Gamer said:

No one is hates one you because the arena is suited to you roster but try to se it for a f2p and at Uc Hav in the world wil there get a reaone amount of unit pliz don’t only se it for your own profile
    He does see it from others POV. He actually says as such in the last paragraph if you read it.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,799 ★★★★★

I forgot to take an image on winning this fight. Think I was just shocked I got through.

4* are not entirely useless if you understand a bit more how the buggy streak formula really works. here's the evidence of mine that you can try when you run out of r5, r4 and r3 of 5* collection. this allows you to continue using up the remaining r2 and r1 of 5* collection to keep musing out points from them. you can also use this method of mine to combine it with 5* r5 and two r5 4* and work you way through all the 5* collection - that way you effectively use up everyone while maximizing all the points and slowly allow those 5* to finish working their cooldown duration. i'm just throwing an suggestion that you can try it out if your 5* collection isn't stacked. you can also use the same method for the 6*.
    This means a lot for me.

The trick, if you can call it that, is to not dip below circa 13k total team rating. If it does, the death match will appear.

This is after round 15 obviously, that’s the point when the gradual increase in team difficulty starts to reflect your team selection.
    That is where I am confused. Three 4-Star max rank hit death-match but not two 4-Star max rank + a 5-Star rank 1.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Not too impressed. Did get 1-5% in featured but it was a lot of work and for less units as I barely touched the basic arena. Only upside is getting about 800 more 6* shards for the arena. Might just stick to basics from here on and only go for the featured up to 9m if I really want the 4*

• Options
    Khaos369Khaos369 Posts: 13

Grounded wisdom you don't think this was intentional give me a break they keep the milestone information secret until they go live but already have a feedback thread in place to gauge the lvl of the community outrage wake up they already have the fix ready to go they are just seeing how much they can get a way with they have done this before and they are doing it again

Yes. Right after that they're going to look for "moose and squirrel" and tie them to the railroad tracks.
    Well Raven isn't wrong. And Miike talking like they're going to just let this new arena ride for a little while before even making a change is even more concerning. There's plenty of people (myself included) that are waiting eagerly for some sort of change to this absolute disaster and I can't speak for everyone but I know I'm only willing to wait for so long for a fix before I'll say screw it and walk away. I mean they're already having people call it quits.
    No, he is wrong. There is absolutley no evidence to support this being an intentional barrier towards anyone, or any kind of attack on FTP. I'm sorry, but people are creating a conspiracy. I'm not any more pleased about some aspects as the next guy, but Miike wasn't being dishonest when he said they need to collect data. In order to make any adjustments, they need internal data to go on as well as feedback from Players. Just because they didn't pull an emergency brake and revert the old Arenas doesn't mean they're up to anything deceptive. Also, Fox News is not real news.

I'm sorry what!? 😆😆 what exactly does this have to do with Fox news? Do you even think before commenting?
    There's plenty of data that could have been used based on the original arena setup to look at rounds taken to complete all milestones. Time to hit all milestones and Kabam knows just as much as we do how many points the champs go for no matter the rariety. They put this new arena out because it's what they wanted. They put something out that even a person that doesn't play this game could take one look at and see that it is, without a doubt, worse than what we already had. So obviously Kabam knew what they were doing. This all boils down to increase the revenue.

And please do us all a favor. Next time think before speaking. The ability to speak, or in this case type, does not equal intelligence.
    The comment about Fox News was a reference to some of the conjecture that's been posted on YouTube. Just because someone says it doesn't mean it's true. Thought that was implied but apparently the ability to speak does not equal intelligence.
    They cannot change and adjust the current Arena setup based on previous data. If they were simply going to revert, they would have done that. They need the numbers to see who is scoring what, how many are Grinding, etc. Then they can start to look at what is feasible in order to accommodate as many people as possible. For that you need the data from THIS Arena format.
    I agree with you that the game always will have conspiracies, most of which aren’t true and that they do need more data in regards to the new arena layout. However, the fact that these changes are so bad that people think it’s a conspiracy is very telling (on how bad they are).It doesn’t help that this was done with July 4th not too far away and without telling us anything about the milestones in advance. Furthermore, these “changes” as they are never should’ve been rolled out in the first place. Whatever data they had surely didn’t have a big enough impact on the decision to release it how it is now. Almost anyone who has played arena for even a few months could’ve told you this would be ugly.
  • Options
    TheEducationTheEducation Posts: 93
    edited May 2021
    I think I'll ultimately like these arenas more but it's too early to say for sure. I wasn't a grinder that did all of the arenas previously. I'd do the 5 star feat and aim for the top 1-5% because, well, shards. Then I'd do 2-3 milestones in the 2 star, 3 stars, and 4 star arenas for some extra units and BCs.

I'm figuring I can continue to land top 1-5% in the 6 star basic arena with a stretch to land in the top 500 if I want that champ badly enough then do a few milestones with my 2s, 3s, and 4s for some extra units. I will probabaly earn less units than before but the extra 6 star shards (+700 more than before) seems like an ok enough trade-off.
  • Options
    _wasabi__wasabi_ Posts: 102 ★★
    There might be an easy solution to this, that would please everyone.

- Keep the arenas milestones exactly as they are.
    - Move 3* champion on an earlier milestone.
    - Remove units from the milestones altogether, milestones are extra for those that gather
    points in an effort to get the champion, shards, GMC and battlechips.

Now the units.

After each individual fight, players in arena get 10,20, 30 or 40 battlechips now, depending on rarity of champions used, and an extra 300 battlechips for the whole round.

Change it slightly, so that after each individual fight, reward the player with 1 single unit. Therefore, he will get 10,20,30 or 40 battlechips and 1 unit for finishing one single fight.
    Thats it, problem solved.
    If you are worried, that someone might do 2000 fights and that this could upset the game economy, cap it at 600 units to be obtainable this way in each arenas reset.

By doing this, everyone gets the SAME AMOUNT for the SAME EFFORT, regardless of the champions used or the title. If someone who is uncollected fights 500 times with 3 stars, he will get same amount of units as thronebreaker who fought 500 times with six stars.
    It also stays very similar to effort needed in old arenas as 500 fights for 500 units is something around streak 133, which was about the same. Everyone is happy, whether you are f2p or p2w you will be able to earn the same as everyone else. Do you need just one revive> Do only 40 fights and there you go, 40 units in your stash. Do you want to buy a cavalier crystal? do 175 fights and its yours. Grinders can grind the whole amount if they want to save units.

If this is for some reason hard to implement, you could make an extra objective tab instead, to where the objectives/challenges are. Tab called Arena, one simple bar 0/550, lets call it arena brawl bar. Each fight in arena fills the bar by 1. At the end of the arenas, when they reset, you can claim as many units as there are points in the arena brawl objective.

Ultimately, this would be fair solution for everyone. Those who want to go for 3,4,5 or 6* champion need to accumulate points and get some extra items on the milestones as they are set now.
    Those who grind to save units, regardless of their title, can do so by investing time and effort by fighting.
  • Options
    Another_NameAnother_Name Posts: 180
    This is the Fant4stic of Changes.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,799 ★★★★★

This means a lot for me.

@Daddrieda
    Many many thanks! :)

• Options
    Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    3* are useless now, I liked the 3* featured arena