**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Silver Surfer Tune Up

This powerful cosmic being deserves so much more in the contest. I feel like with a little damage tune up like mister fantastic he could become a great champ rather than an average one. Maybe remove the base attack limitation he has on his energy damage and we could see some nice numbers from surfer. Would also appreciate if he had some form of bleed resistance or immunity... he does get super bulky with armor after all and has metallic-like skin.

Comments

• Options
    GlazzyBearGlazzyBear Posts: 134 ★★
    Shock29 said:

Silver Surfer is already pretty good. He is an underrated cosmic IMO. He has great immunities, good burst damage, and solid prestige. He doesn’t need a buff

Okay? But they buffed Mister Fantastic, who was already a great utility champ and gave him about a 30% damage increase overall. I feel like surfer needs a little bit of a push to his damage and then he'll be great.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★

This powerful cosmic being deserves so much more in the contest. I feel like with a little damage tune up like mister fantastic he could become a great champ rather than an average one. Maybe remove the base attack limitation he has on his energy damage and we could see some nice numbers from surfer. Would also appreciate if he had some form of bleed resistance or immunity... he does get super bulky with armor after all and has metallic-like skin.

The comics have already proven that Silver Surfer CAN bleed, he might have silver skin, but it is not made of steel. A numbers bump would do a big difference for him and if you wanted to give him some extra resistance, it could be a byproduct of the cosmic energy.

But he still going to bleed.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    He doesn’t really need a buff. I use my 6r3 sig116 daily and he is a great champion with high damage and great utility.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,015 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    I second the not needing a buff opinion.
    He's great as is, people just don't want to get into his rotation and only see prestige when looking at Surfer.
    Shame cause he's really fun to play, and has impressive burst damage
  • Options

The comics have already proven that Silver Surfer CAN bleed, he might have silver skin, but it is not made of steel. A numbers bump would do a big difference for him and if you wanted to give him some extra resistance, it could be a byproduct of the cosmic energy.

But he still going to bleed.
    There's a long list of champs in this game who can bleed but are bleed immune or resistant. Luke Cage, Iron Man, Silver Centurion, Hulkbuster, etc. Just think it will be a nice addition to him.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Also one line of his kit is holding him back, and that is that his energy damage based on the amount of buffs only scales with base attack. I think its pretty dumb tbh and should be removed. Will give him a bit more extra damage so he doesn't feel too average damage wise.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,941 ★★★★★
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    He's already really good, but considering Mister F got a tune up, it's very possible Surfer will get a nice numbers change as well. If so, I'd like to see increased fury and armor break potency (or energy damage increased) to give his damage an extra zest.
  • Options

He's already really good, but considering Mister F got a tune up, it's very possible Surfer will get a nice numbers change as well. If so, I'd like to see increased fury and armor break potency (or energy damage increased) to give his damage an extra zest.

I agree. I like surfer how he is, just feel like he's missing a bit of damage. I did some math having to do with the amount of unique buffs you can get and without a base attack limitation, and just a line removal will boost his damage to great levels without needing to change anything else damage wise. But it will still be effected by things like energy resistance.
  • Options
    JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    Shock29 said:

Silver Surfer is already pretty good. He is an underrated cosmic IMO. He has great immunities, good burst damage, and solid prestige. He doesn’t need a buff

He don't has immunities, he has resistance. If you figth vs HT or vs enanced habilities nodes you research that.
    I don't believe he needs a tune up, maybe a little update that give him true strike or true accuracy, that give him a new utility.
  • Options
    Shock29Shock29 Posts: 543 ★★★
    JhonST33 said:

Shock29 said:

He don't has immunities, he has resistance. If you figth vs HT or vs enanced habilities nodes you research that.
    I don't believe he needs a tune up, maybe a little update that give him true strike or true accuracy, that give him a new utility.
    Specifically he has resistances, but to me, resistances fall under the same category as immunities with a slight difference. Also he already has vigilance which prevents Miss so true strike or true accuracy isn’t really needed.
  • Options
    JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    edited May 2021
    Shock29 said:

JhonST33 said:

Shock29 said:

Specifically he has resistances, but to me, resistances fall under the same category as immunities with a slight difference. Also he already has vigilance which prevents Miss so true strike or true accuracy isn’t really needed.
    I know he has vigilance, but if he can bypass evade champion will be great. I just mentioned cause I guess this help more than increase damage or energy damage, with the proper buff rotation you can do more 25000 of energy damage with sp2, plus the damage per hit, I have done es sp2 of nearby 40000, this with critical hits but he'ss capable to more.
  • Options
    Air Walker could probably use this thread to help him a heck of a lot more than Silver Surfer
  • Options
    I feel like this applies even more now with the release of Hercules. I truly wish that surfer had the damage he deserves. His utility is already solid enough. And yeah... a bleed immunity would go a long way with making this guy more suicide compatible... a mastery setup a lot of people use
  • Options
    We'll see what happens down the road