**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why is this pillar still here?

KillerGMCKillerGMC Posts: 24
edited May 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
I don't know about you guys.... but every time I play at the hangar level, there is an annoying pillar on the right side of the map.....that thing SUCKS!!! it keeps getting in my field of view and I kid you not, I died for not seeing an enemy animation because that thing was in the way....

WHY KABAM?! WHY?!

What made you leave that thing in there?!

Can you PLEASE, take it out?!

I don't see how leaving it makes the game better, imo it makes it worse

If you don't know what I mean, ill leave a picture of it here....

#DownWithThePillar
#EndThisMadness

Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    That's a bug. It does not exist in anyone else's gameplay. You got so far with the pillar. Kudos on your skills. Lol
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    I’ve definitely seen this too. Don’t know if it’s there all the time, I assumed it was part of the design.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,619 Guardian

It does not exist in anyone else's gameplay.

Incorrect, it has existed since probably the beginning. I have seen that happen for many years. And has been reported here numerous times by different people over the years, without any change.

I think there is maybe another fight scene that has an “obstructed” object that comes into view also.

It is an object (like those steel support beams) that is present in the scene (in the 3D rendering of the entire field of battle) which the “camera” shooting the fight is normally positioned in front of (and so normally there is no obstruction).

But when you get the 2 champs spaced out FAR away from each other, then as the “camera” pulls back to allow a wider field of view, the camera is now actually behind those objects, and the objects can become visible to the camera's field of view.

The “camera” position is actually being moved further back away from the fighters, and not just “zooming out” of the lens.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    It’s also in my gameplay too.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

Incorrect, it has existed since probably the beginning. I have seen that happen for many years. And has been reported here numerous times by different people over the years, without any change.

I think there is maybe another fight scene that has an “obstructed” object that comes into view also.

It is an object (like those steel support beams) that is present in the scene (in the 3D rendering of the entire field of battle) which the “camera” shooting the fight is normally positioned in front of (and so normally there is no obstruction).

But when you get the 2 champs spaced out FAR away from each other, then as the “camera” pulls back to allow a wider field of view, the camera is now actually behind those objects, and the objects can become visible to the camera's field of view.

The “camera” position is actually being moved further back away from the fighters, and not just “zooming out” of the lens.
    I believe another place I sometimes saw it was on the rooftop scene. Sometimes, I think in like the middle of the arena, the camera will show a large sign on the face of the building at the top that obscures the fighters.
  • KillerGMCKillerGMC Posts: 24

I've moved this over to the Bugs section because that pillar definitely shouldn't be there.

Yes, I originally placed it there, someone else moved it to suggestions, but thanks for acknowledging that it is a bug!

Yes! Ive noticed it from the beginning too! And Yes, it only occurs at specific moments due to camera movement, but I get it a lot!!! I really thing that part of the render should be deleted, we don't need na pillar on the front of the map render, it doesn't add to anything, just annoys and disrupts !
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    Wow, a mod moved this to the bug section... does that mean this really is a bug ??? Cuz I thought this was just poor design since I posted about this over 3 years ago and it was conveniently ignored and then my thread was ghosted.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/35336/obstructed-view#latest

So yes, let’s get rid of this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tmHabWrqWPc
    It exists on the other side of the board too and will show up when using quake.

Here’s pics from a fight today.

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,619 Guardian
    edited May 2021
    Thanks @MikeHock , yes, yours is another old post about the obstructions. And there have been several other posts too.

As @Crine60 mentioned, regarding Avengers Platform (rooftop). MikeHock's video and old thread (above) shows one in that Avengers scene.
    Not sure if it is a large “sign” or more likely “guardrails” surrounding the platform.
    Video shows it anywhere from smallish horizontal rail, up to large-scale obstruction when camera is basically right behind the rail.

(And scene, without obstruction, to verify which scene this other one is)...

edited May 2021
    I’m willing to bet this thread gets buried and forgotten and nothing is ever done.

I’d prefer to be proven wrong.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    They’re not gonna fix this. It’s not even “end of the world” important (lacked better scenario explanation, lol.)
    MikeHock said:

It exists on the other side of the board too and will show up when using quake.

Here’s pics from a fight today.

Amazing, Thanks for sharing!!
    They are everywhere!!!! Let's put theses pillars down!!!

Daddrieda said:

They’re not gonna fix this. It’s not even “end of the world” important (lacked better scenario explanation, lol.)

Yes it it's man!! It disrupts gameplay... It gets I the way of enemy animations, it makes harder to avoid attacks, it get us killed, and make us use revives and potions!

It's something they can fix editing the level design!!!

They are introducing a new level, why not fix the old ones too?!
    MikeHock said:

I’m willing to bet this thread gets buried and forgotten and nothing is ever done.

I’d prefer to be proven wrong.

Let's make sure it doesn't get buried!!
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    Been there as long as I’ve been playing the game (5+ yrs). Amazing how often the AI launches an attack right as it appears... almost like it knows we can’t see 😂...🤔...😐
    #killthepillar

If I hide behind this pillar/pole, can I evade hits ?
    edited May 2021
    I posted a picture of this “bug” yesterday, but the thread did not bump to the top of the page. Does that mean this thread was ghosted?? I guess Kabam cares more about appearances on the forums than giving adequate responses to bugs or problems.

Edit: yep , thread is ghosted, swept under the rug like when I first posted about it 3 years ago. Unfortunate but not surprising.

#Remember
    #FixThePillars

Is this a bug or not?