**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Couldn't do war placement because of maintenance

Who picked that time to do maintenance? C'mon..can we retrain the tech guys. In the middle of moving placement and had 1 spot open...and the guy couldn't get on to fill it. As if the crystal openings weren't bad enough..then there is impeccable timing. Smh

Comments

• Options
    Gil0610Gil0610 Posts: 192
    It was emergency maintainance for a reason
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    You realize that literally no matter what they do, there will always be someone somewhere who was hit with maintenance during a bad time. The world doesn’t revolve around you.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★

Who picked that time to do maintenance? C'mon..can we retrain the tech guys. In the middle of moving placement and had 1 spot open...and the guy couldn't get on to fill it. As if the crystal openings weren't bad enough..then there is impeccable timing. Smh

How about train your alliance mates to place early and not wait until the very last second you could possibly wait. This is your alliance mates fault, not Kabams.
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    They either do it during placement or have people start attack with a serious bug. The better option is not adding new game features during a war or aq cycle.
  • Options
    Gaurav363Gaurav363 Posts: 37
    Sorry man...but u don't wait last minute to do placement...it's your own fault...deal with it
  • Options

You know what man, I feel your pain. You can't wrangle everyone all the time and people do make mistakes. And I think its safe to say kabam makes more mistakes than most of us. So yeah why not? If you don't get that dude placed and you lose the war because of it, blame kabam and ill support you.
    Have you looked at the Bugs forum section? You think Kabam makes more mistakes than us? Go ahead and look at all the threads on why Spider-Man is evading Venom in 1.1 of the Cavalier difficulty. That's just the tip of incorrectly reported bugs from people who can't read nodes.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    No u only Hav 20 huers to placement but that’s stil shuld be enough
  • Options
    Pit_0f_MiseryPit_0f_Misery Posts: 130
    First off...of course it's unplanned maintenance, otherwise I woulda scheduled my placement around it. Secondly, most of my ally is grown people who have jobs...and normally I would do placement earlier if possible but due to my job...I have a limited timeframe to do it in. I get it..I'm not saying, nor do I think, the world revolves around me...I'm just saying it sucks and was **** timing. Figured I'd air my frustrations here, as most do, without having people explain the obvious.
  • Options

First off...of course it's unplanned maintenance, otherwise I woulda scheduled my placement around it. Secondly, most of my ally is grown people who have jobs...and normally I would do placement earlier if possible but due to my job...I have a limited timeframe to do it in. I get it..I'm not saying, nor do I think, the world revolves around me...I'm just saying it sucks and was **** timing. Figured I'd air my frustrations here, as most do, without having people explain the obvious.

I mean, you have 20 hours to place. I have a full time job and 2 kids to look after. Most of the people who play this game are in the same boat as you but when placing champions takes less than 5 minutes, there's really no excuse to where you couldn't take the time to do it earlier. Unless you work 19 hours straight and can't have your phone on you and then you drive for 59 minutes to get home right after working.
  • Options
    I agree...but I don't control my when my teammates place. Wish I did.
  • Options
    If you're an officer then ya, you ask them to place until they do. That's part of being an officer in the alliance.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

In the middle of moving placement..

Top prize for exaggeration goes to Pit_of_Misery !!!!

Woooo!! Congrats
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

If you are allowed to place with five minutes to go, then you should be able to place with five minutes to go. Why is that hard to understand? The game sets the placement rules, so if the game screws it up, that's on them, not on the players.

For everyone saying "you should have placed earlier", answer this: how much downtime would change your mind? An hour? Two? How about if the game went down 12 hours ago and then didn't come back until after AW started? If you had waited and now couldn't place, would you just tell yourself, I should have placed sooner? I doubt it.

I agree. I don't think anyone would have lost anything if kabam had sent an game mail, and closed the game exactly after placement ended. It was about 10 minutes or so remaining I think. All this talk about you should have placed earlier does not actually make sense. Some people make changes till the last minute to the defence. You cannot say to them that you should have done it earlier. That is what we get 24 hrs for.
  • Options
    Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    Fair enough, we can't blame OP or anyone for placing/adjusting defense in the last minutes. But OP blaming Kabam was uncalled for. It's not like they planned the bugs to mess with war. They hadn't foreseen such a major issue, and to prevent it from being exploitable, they had to start an emergency maintenance. And the comment saying "C'mon..can we retrain the tech guys" is just absolutely unfair
  • Options
    I'll give you that @Scarcity27 . It's frustration..but in the end...it is emergency maintenance. And I'm sure it's not the tech guys' fault. It is what it is I guess.
  • Options

If you are allowed to place with five minutes to go, then you should be able to place with five minutes to go. Why is that hard to understand? The game sets the placement rules, so if the game screws it up, that's on them, not on the players.

For everyone saying "you should have placed earlier", answer this: how much downtime would change your mind? An hour? Two? How about if the game went down 12 hours ago and then didn't come back until after AW started? If you had waited and now couldn't place, would you just tell yourself, I should have placed sooner? I doubt it.

Now you're just grasping at straws. If the game was down for 12 hours, no one would be saying it's anyone's fault but the emergency maintenance.

But if I'm 5 minutes late to work because I didn't give myself enough time to get ready and make it to work, that's on me. My job can't control traffic or anything else that would prevent me from showing up on time. The fact that it was like 5 minutes until placement ended is why most don't have sympathy for OP. Now if that person couldn't get on because they were in jail or the hospital or something like that, sure, understandable but this just sounds like a lazy alliance mate.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Yeah I would say I should have placed earlier to be honest. You say if it was me I’d be different, nah I’d be very honest with myself. I had plenty of time to place, and that’s why I left myself more than 10 minutes to place.

12 hours is very different to the last 10 minutes. Planning people, it’s not that hard. You’re telling me you can’t find 5 minutes of your day to drop your defenders in until the last 10 mins of placement?
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Yeah I would say I should have placed earlier to be honest. You say if it was me I’d be different, nah I’d be very honest with myself. I had plenty of time to place, and that’s why I left myself more than 10 minutes to place.

12 hours is very different to the last 10 minutes. Planning people, it’s not that hard. You’re telling me you can’t find 5 minutes of your day to drop your defenders in until the last 10 mins of placement?
    That is not what this is about though. I usually am asleep when placement starts, but when an officer reminds me, I place immediately. Somedays I forget to place because I am busy, but place 1 hr before attack starts at the designated nodes. Suppose the game goes down on that day before I place, I will definitely be pissed. We are given a timeslot to place, if you take 1 hr away from the timeslot, you cannot say you had 23 hrs to place because I had 24 hrs to place according to the clock and I just lost my 1hr.
    Let's be clear, I am not blaming Kabam for the emergency maintenance. It was a serious bug and it had to be done. But, you also cannot blame the people who could not place because they thought they had 24 hrs to place either.
  • Options
    I guess my title wasn't technically as clear as it shoulda been. I placed for war....what upset me was the fact that I was trying to arrange placement accordingly. The maintenance was down for the last 45 min of placement...which is when I usually get on and arrange the defenders. Because of it, as I just saw unfortunately, I couldnt do a proper arrangement and now we have 2 defenders on the top level. That's why I'm upset. It's pretty much a guaranteed loss.
  • Options
    RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★

I guess my title wasn't technically as clear as it shoulda been. I placed for war....what upset me was the fact that I was trying to arrange placement accordingly. The maintenance was down for the last 45 min of placement...which is when I usually get on and arrange the defenders. Because of it, as I just saw unfortunately, I couldnt do a proper arrangement and now we have 2 defenders on the top level. That's why I'm upset. It's pretty much a guaranteed loss.

the upside is now you've gained the knowledge to not wait till last minute to arrange defense, going forward you will give yourself more than enough time to setup defense in case there are any unplanned game outages.

or perhaps let everyone place defenders on the assigned nodes so you dont have to.