**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• SidbelieberSidbelieber Posts: 32
    Make a one arena only for units and battle chips
  • Bsweezy0821Bsweezy0821 Posts: 213 ★★
    With this big of a blunder and all this negative feedback, I would not be surprised if they roll this thing back for the second run of this Shang chi arena
  • 2_Wheeler2_Wheeler Posts: 96

At a glance, the milestones are way too high, A standard cavalier player probably has around 40 6 stars

Yes, the milestones are too high. No, the standard cav player does not have around 40 6 stars. I'm about to be Thronebreaker and I have 11. I'd say the average cav, and not thronebreaker player has between 5 and 10
    Don’t forget not everyone is Cavalier.
  • KhushhalKhushhal Posts: 51
    edited May 2021
    It will be more time consuming and difficult to farm units now...
    Also for cavalier and above grandmaster crystal are not good incentives or value...
    I feel the new arena lacks balance between whats good for player base versus for the company itself..
  • DeadInMySoulDeadInMySoul Posts: 4
    Ps. If my comment is riddled with mistakes ,this white box and tiny letters is horrible to see.
  • McFinMcFin Posts: 45
    Not a fan of the change. This panders only to the high end players and robs those who have not gotten to UC or Cav of units and experience. Just like not allowing us to grind to better crystals because we haven’t progressed as fast as others. It sucks.
  • The_Flying_Jew82The_Flying_Jew82 Posts: 69

• The_Flying_Jew82The_Flying_Jew82 Posts: 69

• TheMailmannTheMailmann Posts: 120 ★★
    edited May 2021

Kavya30 said:

16.5M for one is too much and I am a milestone grinder. I will not be able to grind for 33M. Just can’t. As an FTP, guess my hopes for July 4th are in the trash

I'm Curious: Prior to these Changes, how many Milestones across all of the Arenas did you used to complete? If you don't remember that, do you remember how many Units approx you'd earn from Milestones per Arena run?

Our goal is to keep the effort roughly the same, but of course, with reducing the number of Arenas, that's going to be difficult. With the change of the rarities allowed in each Arena, the points are definitely going to be different, but we want to keep the effort roughly the same.

If that's not the case, we want to know! We won't know that on the first day or possibly even the first run, but please keep the feedback coming.
    I always hit all milestones of 3* featured, 4* basic and 4* featured milestones, and sometimes a few milestones in 5*featured. if i spend a whole day with arena i could do it for the the 3* and 4*basic and 1 round of 4*featured on day 2 to finish the milestones. i don’t like having to wait for 5-star or 6-star champs refresh times that’s why i always skipped 5*featured, but with 4*featured it only took me 4 rounds so i did it anyway.

mostly it was guaranteed 500 units minimum with the battlechips but if i was lucky with battlechips and i did more 5*featured milestones, i could get up to 800 units actually. i don’t really want to do the new arenas because of refresh time of 5-star and 6-star champs. i could do 3*featured, 4*basic and 4*featured in 1 day (usually the weekend arena) so it doesn’t affect my daily life much. with this new change, i have to play arenas over a few days which most people with jobs/schools won’t really find the time to do. i didn’t even try the new arenas, so pardon me if the refresh time for 5-star and 6-stars have changed too because i wouldn’t know

also, i could do all 4 different arenas at the same time because i could use 3 stars for 3*featured, 4 stars for 4*basic, 5 stars for 4*featured and 6 stars for 5*featured. now i have to play the arenas one by one
  • AkashPRajputAkashPRajput Posts: 7
    edited May 2021
    6M for a 3 star and 9M for a 4-star featured champion is way too much, people like me who became uncollected 4-5 months back can't grind that much for we don't have many 5 star champions, it's hard for us and getting a 3 star at this high milestone being uncollected is really not good, I can understand for 4 star though, but 3 star is not really that valuable for uncollected, we try to get 3 star featured champs so we can try them, the least you can do is please lower the cooldown timer of 5 star champions to 1:30 hours or really lower the milestone for 3 star champion to like 3M or make a separate arena only for featured 3 star, please consider this Kabam, I love how you are putting your efforts in this game everytime but this really sucks, Hoping you will take the right decision as soon as possible ❤️❤️🙌🙌
  • tufo24tufo24 Posts: 45
    These are now meant for people who either have a huge roster, money to refresh champs often and people who don't have full time jobs that can just grind and grind. I have been playing since about 2 months after the game came out and I stopped arenas years ago since there is just no time to even try and get the featured champs. When I read about the new arenas I thought maybe I could get back into it once in awhile but this just tells me I will never do arenas again. I have also spent a very large amount of money on this game (not like the whales though) and I feel really bad for the FTP players who rely on arenas to advance in the game. Give people more arena options, not less.
  • JoebitoJoebito Posts: 2
    So I tried the new arena today and got Falcon 3* and 4* as milestones. My 3* was already at 99 sig so I could not tell how much sig I could have gotten.

However, the 4* sig level went up just 1 measly point. Yes that is right, 1 point. 2.25 million points for a 1 sig 4* increase. That is so lame, very disappointing really. Getting 4* shards takes much less effort and gives out 20 sig points for dupes. I have absolutely no more interest in this lame change of the arena.

And 6.25 million points for a featured 3* when it was 640k. What are you thinking?

Kabam, you messed this up big time and you know it.
    You are pandering to the top 100 players and not listening to the mid and low tier players. Your fanbase will start to dwindle because of this, as so many players grind the arenas.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Joebito said:

So I tried the new arena today and got Falcon 3* and 4* as milestones. My 3* was already at 99 sig so I could not tell how much sig I could have gotten.

However, the 4* sig level went up just 1 measly point. Yes that is right, 1 point. 2.25 million points for a 1 sig 4* increase. That is so lame, very disappointing really. Getting 4* shards takes much less effort and gives out 20 sig points for dupes. I have absolutely no more interest in this lame change of the arena.

And 6.25 million points for a featured 3* when it was 640k. What are you thinking?

Kabam, you messed this up big time and you know it.
    You are pandering to the top 100 players and not listening to the mid and low tier players. Your fanbase will start to dwindle because of this, as so many players grind the arenas.

Dude, the basic arena always gave a basic hero which only adds one sig level. That was in the announcement and that's the way it's always worked.
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 516 ★★★
    I don't see any problem about streaks/deathmatches so far, only problem is milestones. QoL improvements should help us and reduce the time we spent on arenas, shouln't double it.
This discussion has been closed.