**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gwenmaster’s Phases Fully Explained

SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
Gwenmaster Detailed Guide to Mastering Each Phase

https://youtu.be/RQsQW5gaKrU

Comments

• Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★

Thanks mate. I am at 7.2.5 but I wi get to her eventually soon. So it's big help
  • Options

Thanks mate. I am at 7.2.5 but I wi get to her eventually soon. So it's big help
    Yupp decided such a guide is more beneficial to the community instead of just showing speed solos.
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I’m still struggling to get Gwenmaster to gain prowess quickly enough. I’m throwing the SP1 so I’m under a bar of power when she goes over, but sometimes she still doesn’t gain one. The YouTubers make it look so, so easy.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    My armor break phase took forever to get down, cost me like 4-5 revives. She was too aggressive
  • Options

I’m still struggling to get Gwenmaster to gain prowess quickly enough. I’m throwing the SP1 so I’m under a bar of power when she goes over, but sometimes she still doesn’t gain one. The YouTubers make it look so, so easy.

What I usually do to make it work for me is whenever I push her over a bar I then deplete my own bar with an sp1 to gain prowess. Remember: “When she goes up, you go down”.
  • Options
    Texas_11 said:

My armor break phase took forever to get down, cost me like 4-5 revives. She was too aggressive

Ironically I prefer her to stay aggressive for those intercepts; if you do push her to the iron man armor phase then resort to using a doom sp3 to proc aura on yourself when you destroy the aarkus phase, this will allow you to steal power from her during armor break phase and make it a simple case of just LLLL all the way to remove all those armor ups. If she does throw an sp1 which makes it more inconvenient, just throw a heavy attack to intercept her heavy to remove that autoblock and start again.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Ironically I prefer her to stay aggressive for those intercepts; if you do push her to the iron man armor phase then resort to using a doom sp3 to proc aura on yourself when you destroy the aarkus phase, this will allow you to steal power from her during armor break phase and make it a simple case of just LLLL all the way to remove all those armor ups. If she does throw an sp1 which makes it more inconvenient, just throw a heavy attack to intercept her heavy to remove that autoblock and start again.
    The iron man man phase was fine for me . It was the aarkus phase.

Also didn’t bring doom.
  • Options
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

The iron man man phase was fine for me . It was the aarkus phase.

Also didn’t bring doom.
    Ah icic, Doom is the way to go for this one, just switch out a champ for him since the game is so generous for this particular boss in allowing us to bring in 2 choice attackers for her.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the guide. This well help so so so much. I stupidly spent a few revives on her when I didn't know how to get her to get prowess.
  • Options

Thanks for the guide. This well help so so so much. I stupidly spent a few revives on her when I didn't know how to get her to get prowess.

Yea I’d say that first Emma Frost phase is gonna be the trickiest part for anyone fighting her the very first time, but once you get the hang of it, it ain’t so bad 😊
  • Options
    Bumpz for the Asian Timezone
  • Options
    Zhahovic7Zhahovic7 Posts: 35
    I'm bad at intercepting....how do I beat her now?😠
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Zhahovic7 said:

I'm bad at intercepting....how do I beat her now?😠

…get better at intercepting
  • Options
    Matt123Matt123 Posts: 29
    For intercept. Do a three bit combo. Dash back and then most likely she’ll dash at you and you can counter. Safer to do when she’s against the wall.

This may sound silly. I didn’t watch many videos but I missed that after she completes IMIW phase she rotates back to Emma. And it just cycles.

Fury was great for me for Invisible Woman and Mystic phase. Omega for Killmonger. Warlock for Aarkus. For cosmic phase it’s great to have an attacker that has a long sp1 animation with distance. The destruction timer stops but the armor break still goes.

I also didn’t realize that you only needed to heavy intercept once she launches an sp1. So MLLLL MLLLL if you’re lucky you could get one more in before you launches an sp1. After sp1. Hold block. Take her hits and bait the heavy quickly. Dash back heavy. Then go back to MLLLL MLLLL until she launches another sp1.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Yea I’d say that first Emma Frost phase is gonna be the trickiest part for anyone fighting her the very first time, but once you get the hang of it, it ain’t so bad 😊
    do you know if sparky would be able to evade part or all of her sp1 in emma frost mode?
  • Options
    Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★

do you know if sparky would be able to evade part or all of her sp1 in emma frost mode?
    I am almost positive she cannot be evaded
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

I am almost positive she cannot be evaded
    I think seatin used spidergwen and she evaded part of sp1
  • Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

I don't know about that but I remember seeing Seatin evade the sp1 with Spider-Gwen. Not sure what phase though/if it matters.

Also I was gonna ask in general, how can you do multiple phases per fight? So far I've only been fast enough/good enough to do 0-1 phases then die, don't know what the problem is
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

I don't know about that but I remember seeing Seatin evade the sp1 with Spider-Gwen. Not sure what phase though/if it matters.

Also I was gonna ask in general, how can you do multiple phases per fight? So far I've only been fast enough/good enough to do 0-1 phases then die, don't know what the problem is
    Think it's practice practice practice. I am seeing so many solos it's really amazing.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Think it's practice practice practice. I am seeing so many solos it's really amazing.
    Alright, tried the boss 2 times so far, 3rd time's the charm
  • Options
    Keniutek said:

I got mixed up, she died during the Aarkus phase. Good thing, since the last (tech one) might be the most challenging.

Dang you are lucky
  • Options

I’d say you can still use him for sure to solo her just manually dex during reversed controls just to play it safe
  • Options
    QuincyPeckQuincyPeck Posts: 63
    I just beat her and wasn’t ever able to get out of phase 1. Cost a lot of units, but doable.
  • Options
    DarkGuardianDarkGuardian Posts: 185 ★★

I just beat her and wasn’t ever able to get out of phase 1. Cost a lot of units, but doable.

so you did her like an abyss fight?
  • Options
    So we’re a few days in to 7.2 now; hoping this helps you boys out
  • Options
    QuincyPeckQuincyPeck Posts: 63

so you did her like an abyss fight?
    Basically. Just wore her down. Did as much damage as I could before she fired off her SP2.