**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cable vs Emma R3 any testimonies?

Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
Just thinking about who is. Better R3, anyone with cable or Emma Frost that can give some feedback.

Cable vs Emma R3 any testimonies? 86 votes

Cable (With Apoc)
55%
DrZolaMagicBentonTerraMarcusUnreadLvernon15DragonMCOCThunderGodAckbar67Mysterioshadow_lurker22KDSuperFlash10Colinwhitworth69HorlockDarth_SaintKaratemike415-sixate-Dwhalen8554MiStaLovagsil6374AlexAvalon 48 votes
Emma Frost (Prof X synergies)
44%
Bpn88855kapt_krunchDarkrider05ЗАКСОЛИНHammerbro_64CupidHeattblasttJuggerNotRockypantherxgforcefanQacobKill_GreyEtjamaSquirrelguySarvanga1_MaqsoodAMS94BerjibsEdeuinkCarracho01 38 votes

Comments

• Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Cable (With Apoc)
    I love mine.

@Etjama wanna add any opinions on how Cable>Emma?
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback so far. Lately I been considering synergies when ranking champs so I can build a full team, cable is great to get apoc going.

Emma Frost I couldn’t find many videos , and her synergies are very limited except with Prof X.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Cable (With Apoc)
    If this poor guy takes up Emma because of IagoImmunities and UrielUtility I will feel so bad 😭😭

OP you will never use Emma ever, she’s been outclassed my so many champs that do what she does and so much more
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Cable (With Apoc)
    Emma is becoming outdated, a versatile champ just isn’t that necessary for someone taking champs to r3 imo
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

Emma is becoming outdated, a versatile champ just isn’t that necessary for someone taking champs to r3 imo

I can’t say I disagree with this sentiment. I have both of them at rank 2. and to be honest I don’t use either of them very much.

When I used to run map seven cable did come in handy for the diss track lane.

I guess I just have always enjoyed Emma Frost
  • Options
    MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    Cable (With Apoc)

• Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Both are pretty good so it's up to you
  • Options
    Cable (With Apoc)
    herm said:

Texas_11 said:

Just thinking about who is. Better R3, anyone with cable or Emma Frost that can give some feedback.

I've said this before but to summarize, since cable sucks alone, he's just not worth r3 imo. Plus he has legit no utility outside of the apocalypse synergy. Emma on the other hand is a billion times better solo and has loads of utility. She can't begin to compete damage-wise with horseman cable but she's not a noodle and she can pull her own weight.
    I just think Cable is more valuable to someone with all content done due to his ability to kill things so quickly. Both are great.
  • Options

herm said:

Texas_11 said:

I've said this before but to summarize, since cable sucks alone, he's just not worth r3 imo. Plus he has legit no utility outside of the apocalypse synergy. Emma on the other hand is a billion times better solo and has loads of utility. She can't begin to compete damage-wise with horseman cable but she's not a noodle and she can pull her own weight.
    I just think Cable is more valuable to someone with all content done due to his ability to kill things so quickly. Both are great.
    That parry heavy style just bores me so much, I had 15 odd attempts at jubilee and couldn’t get her.
  • Options
    Cable (With Apoc)
    Texas_11 said:

herm said:

Texas_11 said:

That parry heavy style just bores me so much, I had 15 odd attempts at jubilee and couldn’t get her.
    Maybe just hold it then and keep trying.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    walkerdog said:

Neither is a good choice imo. If you REALLY need to rank one for TB, I guess cable. But id just sit on it until you get a bit better one.

They are both really good mutants it doesn't get much better than that
  • Options

Texas_11 said:

herm said:

Texas_11 said:

Maybe just hold it then and keep trying.
    I have to trick Kabam it’s the only way.
  • Options
    Aaronc94Aaronc94 Posts: 221 ★★
    edited May 2021
    Cable (With Apoc)
    It depends, i have cable r2 and emma at r5, cable is great because of his degen, (fast, easy and great damage) also as a horseman he's amazing for caltrops, emma have way more utility, immunity practically to everything, counter evade champs, good damage, and she doesn't need synergies to be great, but to be honest, i just ranked up emma cause my items were expiring, i've never used her, i wont use her for damage even when she's great at it, and if i need immunities or utility, there are some champs that are better, ghost, warlock, etc.
    If i need damage?, i do use cable sometimes, i've all content done, and i didn't use emma at act 6 or 7.2, while i used cable for act 7.2 and it was so much fun, at the end of the day it depends on your roster or requirements, i wouldn't regret ranking any of those champs, both are amazing, also in case you decide cable, you only need 1 synergie which benefit both (cable and apocalypse), there are a lot of champs that requires synergies and even more than 1 to adquire their full potential and that's ok

In my case, i would go for cable cause i have fun with him, to be honest he's my next goal for mutant class
  • Options
    Aaronc94 said:

It depends, i have cable r2 and emma at r5, cable is great because of his degen, (fast, easy and great damage) also as a horseman he's amazing for caltrops, emma have way more utility, immunity practically to everything, counter evade champs, good damage, and she doesn't need synergies to be great, but to be honest, i just ranked up emma cause my items were expiring, i've never used her, i wont use her for damage even when she's great at it, and if i need immunities or utility, there are some champs that are better, ghost, warlock, etc.
    If i need damage?, i do use cable sometimes, i've all content done, and i didn't use emma at act 6 or 7.2, while i used cable for act 7.2 and it was so much fun, at the end of the day it depends on your roster or requirements, i wouldn't regret ranking any of those champs, both are amazing, also in case you decide cable, you only need 1 synergie which benefit both (cable and apocalypse), there are a lot of champs that requires synergies and even more than 1 to adquire their full potential and that's ok

In my case, i would go for cable cause i have fun with him, to be honest he's my next goal for mutant class

Very convincing.
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Emma Frost (Prof X synergies)
    When Cable gets buffed, that synergy with Apoc is going
  • Options

They might overhaul him, keep his heavy degen and maybe nerf it a little, and instead give him some utility on his special attacks and some unique abilities
    Or more likely he is not getting buffed
  • Options

They might overhaul him, keep his heavy degen and maybe nerf it a little, and instead give him some utility on his special attacks and some unique abilities
    Or more likely he is not getting buffed
    That would be cool. Because he’s sucks as a character. I’m truly not a fan of how dependent he is upon one single champion.

If this was a should I rank three wasp it would be a lot easier because ghost does not need her but it’s extremely nice to have her.

Without Apoc cable loses 97% of his effectiveness

Without Wasp ghost loses about 10% of her effectiveness

Without Omega colly loses about 15% of his effectiveness.

A champ shouldn’t need another champ to make them not virtually useless.