**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Just finished the gwenmaster fight - here are my initial thoughts

Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
I love this fight. If I’m being honest, most of 7.1 and 7.2 were kind of boring to me. It’s probably because I did them soon after completing act 6 and it felt like I used less effort and like it I didn’t have to do as much planning. But let me say this gwenmaster fight, that was fun. I really enjoyed pretty much all of the different challenges and I really like how this fight is set up. The reason I say pretty much is I needed one full cycle and then one more of the Emma frost phase to kill her, and the last Emma phase was such a pain for some reason. I used 4 revives on the rest and the last Emma phase took me 6. Not sure what changed but I got her down eventually and still enjoyed it which is the important part. I’m looking forward to exploring this (whenever I get to that) which is something I can’t say I felt about the last few big bosses (ie the collector, 6.2 champion, and the grandmaster).

The last thing I wanted to mention is I’ve seen a bunch of people on the forums saying the aarkus phase was the hardest for them and I have a suggestion. I used venom for that phase and it was so easy. Venom’s sp1 nullifies the “coldsnap buff” the gwenmaster gets from her sp1 that does damage to you and it makes enough space that the armor breaks load during it. This made this phase the fastest and easiest of them all. Thanks for reading this everyone and have a great rest of your day!

Comments

• RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Congrats will! Get anything good from the rewards?
  • PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★
    Congrats ! I was a bit nervous about the whole gwenmaster fight but once i got past the initial mind-block of reverse controls the fight was interesting. my "worst" section was the KM phase, but again overall not too bad at all.

luckily I only had to go through each phase once.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Riptide said:

I pulled a 6* sinister. I haven’t opened the rest of the rewards yet.
  • Annihilator13_Annihilator13_ Posts: 313 ★★
    Which path did you took and what are.your champs???
    Coz I dont know which path should I take. I took Ultron path and that gullitone fight is so annoying..

Which path did you took and what are.your champs???
    Coz I dont know which path should I take. I took Ultron path and that gullitone fight is so annoying..

I took the path that didn’t have a linked node to the gwenmaster. It has energy adoption fire and a skill shrug off node where when you dashed back you purify a debuff. I took ghost, wasp, fury, bwcv, and venom.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Will3808 said:

Riptide said:

I pulled a 6* sinister. I haven’t opened the rest of the rewards yet.
    We had the same rewards. I also got Sinister but I already had so he got duped.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

i have a feeling the second time through its more difficult . im not saying this is a fact but i went almost 2 full cycles finished on arkus 2nd time round an they all seem a lil less easy to get done . but in saying tht my skills arnt the best lol

It might have been a tougher node on gwenmaster the second time.

i have a feeling the second time through its more difficult . im not saying this is a fact but i went almost 2 full cycles finished on arkus 2nd time round an they all seem a lil less easy to get done . but in saying tht my skills arnt the best lol

@booscka2536 Which node did you activate the second time you did the fight? If it was the one that decreased the timer for when she activates her sp2 and it hurts you then that’s why it took longer. The damage dealt to the gwenmaster by her sp2 is increased by the amount of time left on that timer so if there was very little left then it would do less damage.