Getting A Streak in New Arenas

wxdavewxdave Member Posts: 11
I’m surprised this hasn’t been discussed further. It is now virtually impossible to get a win streak with the new arena setup. It was supposed to run very similar to the old 5* featured arenas. That’s nonsense.

Anyone have a suggestion? I am unable to get a win streak beyond 12 without facing highly ranked 6*s. I’ve tried a number of different combos for the early rounds.

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    :)

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,294 Guardian
    wxdave said:

I’m surprised this hasn’t been discussed further. It is now virtually impossible to get a win streak with the new arena setup. It was supposed to run very similar to the old 5* featured arenas. That’s nonsense.

Anyone have a suggestion? I am unable to get a win streak beyond 12 without facing highly ranked 6*s. I’ve tried a number of different combos for the early rounds.

You said elsewhere that you only really did 4* arenas in the past.
    Those were definitely easier to get thru because the Cap was only against other Max 4* (if 4* Basic) or against Max 5* (if 4* Feature, which are only the equivalent to 2 ranks higher than a Max 4*, and even easier if they were the 5* Thanos/Kang no-mastery matchups until Streak 15).

The old 5* Feature did indeed require you to struggle past these same rounds up past 15 that toss high 6* champs against you.
    Either have enough top-end 5* r5 or 6* r2 to just plow thru those rounds.
    Or combine them with some 5* r4 or 6* r1 if roster is thinner.

Lacking that, just use like previously for any arena where you didn’t have top-end champs to use. Bring mismatched teams where you pair 2 of them from your stronger side with 1 champ from your very lowest rating. That typically will result in a matchup that is within range (rating/rank wise) of defeating 2 of the 3 fights (obviously losing the 3rd fight that is with your weak champ).
  • wxdavewxdave Member Posts: 11
    So, it appears that everyone has their own method. However, I’ve now tried them all. To no avail. I have a weaker team. I have 4 at 6* 1/25, and only 2 at 5* 5/65. I guess that precludes me from ever getting an advantage.
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,397 ★★★★★
    When 6 stars are in an arena, you need to bring 5r3 minimum to keep the infinite streak. This is true as of now where 6r3 are the max rank.
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    @wxdave said:

So, it appears that everyone has their own method. However, I’ve now tried them all. To no avail. I have a weaker team. I have 4 at 6* 1/25, and only 2 at 5* 5/65. I guess that precludes me from ever getting an advantage.

How many 5-Star rank 4 do you have?
    I currently don't have any 5-Star max rank.
  • DawsManDawsMan Member Posts: 2,169 ★★★★★
    wxdave said:

I just run four stars until 5 streak, r1 6*'s until 15, then work my way down my best champs. I had about a 100 winstreak with no issues at all...