**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Worst and Best Champions in game

Comments

• Options
    Cosmic_Ray13Cosmic_Ray13 Posts: 302
    Noggin wrote: »
    I would have to disagree with a couple of those:

1. Beast - I think beast is one of the most mis-understood champs. Let me explain:
    a. In Freestyle mode if you do a M-L-L-L-M combo, he will cause extra damage per hit and cause bleed. If you have the deep wounds mastery these bleeds can cause quite a bit of damage.
    b. Charge up and fire off his SP3 and you can actually increase his attack by 150% for the remainder of the fight!
    c. Fire off an SP2 and you can switch to Acrobat mode. In this mode, use a M-L-L-M combo and you can HEAL up to 1000ish (at Rank 5) health per combo. That's some of the best healing in the game!

So ... 150% extra attack, healing and bleed? One of the better champs in the game, really ... must be duped tho.

2. Loki - You may or may not know this, but Loki can STEAL buffs from their opponents! I love using him against Ironman/SIM/Iron Patriot/Wolvie/X23/Venompool/Red Deadpool/etc. if you hit them with an SP1 Loki will steal their regen. Thus stopping their regen and healing you! He can be very useful in these instances.

3. War Machine with max deep wounds can cause some SERIOUS bleed damage on his SP1. He also armors up pretty well and does well on armor up nodes in AW.

4. Falcon - Sometimes you need to fight a champ who has a buff that you really don't want to trigger (regen, evade, etc). Falcon (when duped) can lock on to an opponent with his redwing (dash back and hold block for 4 or so seconds). When redwing is locked on ... your opponent can not trigger buffs. This can be super helpful against "spikes" buff, electro's shock damage, spidey or Nightcrawler's evade, etc). In addition, his SP1 does pretty good bleed damage as well.

So ... some of these champions can have some utility use, but in general, I agree if I staring at a good champ like Stark Spidey vs. War Machine ... I'm gonna rank Sparky all day long ...

The rest pretty much garbage ... I'd add to the list:

Carnage
    Phoenix
    Hulkbuster
    Joe Fixit
    Miles Morales

Oh and thanks for the tips. I have a 4* duped War Machine and a 4* Falcon
  • Options
    ReinaReina Posts: 275
    Favorite: Spider-Man/Stark Enhanced Spider-Man
    Least Favorite: Luke Cage
  • Options
    Romyjart wrote: »

Why is Luke Cage so bad?
  • Options

Why is Luke Cage so bad?

cause he can only hit like a pillow, low damage output
  • Options

Why is Luke Cage so bad?

Well looks like he needs a buff. I mean Seriously? He's Luke Cage for crying out loud!
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Amonthir wrote: »
    Favorite? Guillotine. Smooth attacks, some niche utility, decent bleeds, some lifegain when awoken, but I just... like her.
    Least Favorite? Groot. Clunky, weak, boring.
    Best in game? Highly variable, as it depends on game mode. SL, Ice, AA, Spark, SW, GP, DV, Magik, Hype, etc, etc.
    Worst? Groot. Man, you are such garbage, I would prefer Carbage. I mean, yeah, bleed immune, some regen on L2, but so... ugh to play. I vastly prefer playing as anyone else. LC, SG, IP, HB, all play so much better.

Agree on all accounts. I love Guilly. My favorite overall character. :smile:

I hate using Groot, even as arena fodder, because his base attack is so damn low, and he relies on him being crit and/or your opponent using specials until you finally pop your stacks and can do good damage. Great for a defensive champ, but horrible for offensive use if you don't get hit often.

He is the only champ that, when using him in a standard arena match, I end up consistently going to SP3, because he does so little damage that I don't beat the opponent by the time I'm around 2 bars. Even worse when I'm ready to hit SP3, and I see 5+ pacifist stacks waiting to pop, and they just won't...

Similar issue with OML, but OML seems to do more damage even without popping his stacks, and I rarely hit SP3 on him.

Groot, it's EVERY.DAMN.TIME.

At least Groot is the basic champ next arena, so I can awaken him, which will let him start with a few pacifist, making it more likely to pop them earlier in the fight.
  • Options
    Salman700Salman700 Posts: 10
    rwhack wrote: »
    least favorite has to be a multiple hero tie:
    Shehulk
    Karmala Khan
    Old Man Logan
    Iron Patriot
    War Machine
    Loki
    Netflix DD
    Groot
    Falcon
    Howard the Duck
    Beast

Yup good list.

I opened up my first 5* shard crystal and got Kamala Khan
    Talk about bad luck, I have loads of them.
  • Options
    Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Favorite: Vision (Original and Age of Ultron)

Least Favorite: None (Except any Champion that evades and you have to fight that champion)
  • Options
    Best Champ: Magik (limbo and powerlock makes her great in AQ, AWA, AWD, story quests, event quests )
    Worst Champ: Iron Patriot
  • Options
    My fav has to be gwenpool and least is she hulk
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
    This thread confirms my theory that actually amongst the players are people who will champion almost any champion. Even Spidergwen and Luke Cage.

My faves would be:
    Moon Knight (obviously - see Avatar)
    Daredevil Netflix (I'm not saying he couldn't use a buff!)
    Winter Soldier
    Psylocke
    Wolverine
    Guillotine

I'm not saying that these are the 'best', but they are the ones I enjoy playing most; thanks to a combination of their abilities, their animations, special attacks and their quirks. I'm happy to explain why, if anyone thinks I'm nuts.
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Yeah my faves are:
    Scarlet - just everything really
    Guillotine - (very smooth mechanics as others have said)
    Iceman - (the everything man really)
    Ultron (he can really go the distance with duel strong regens that you can fully anticipate to keep him in game)
    Drax - he can take some damage and deals out a lot when duped w/ furys, bleed etc.
    Hood - unique and awesome abilities

Honorable mention:
    Moon Knight - Not mentioned much but Fits in the same category as Guillotine. Smooth and fast. Fun to play.
    Angela - Getting used to her but I like pretty much everything about her so far. Hits hard.

• Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    My dislikes are: (just meaning I don't like to play with them for my reasons)
    Phoenix
    Groot
    Howard
    Rocket Raccoon

dishonorable mention:
    Agent Venom - I really want to like him and still use him but his movements are clanky and not smooth at all
    Hulkbuster - same as above

These lists have less to do with abilities over and more to do with who I like to play. I rank accordingly usually.
  • Options
    Please don't say your best champs, Kabam gonna nerf them i the future
  • Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    @DNA3000 @Crusher keep it quiet nothing can turn good only worse if u can get me

@Dr_ARCHer they could make a 5* with 4* same sig ability percentage
  • Options

Why is Luke Cage so bad?

Watch Seatins Video, I cant word it better than he can

• Options

Why is Luke Cage so bad?

Well looks like he needs a buff. I mean Seriously? He's Luke Cage for crying out loud!

IKR it’s so disappointing because I think Luke Cage is a cool character!
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,676 Guardian
    Player1994 wrote: »
    @DNA3000 @Crusher keep it quiet nothing can turn good only worse if u can get me

The belief that discussing strong champions encourages MMO developers to nerf them is an old wives tale. Every MMO dev company maintains a list of the champions they think are overperforming, underperforming, and moderately performing, which they compile based on a lot of datamining and some subjective opinion. This is no big secret, but not commonly discussed publicly. However, a dev did mention this very thing at NYCC to a youtuber (I think Brian) so besides being universal it is also more or less confirmed.

If the devs think a champion is overpowered they are going to nerf it whether we discuss it or not. But conversely if they don't think a champion is overpowered and we discuss it as if it is, that's actually even better for Kabam because it means we are all going to spend time and money chasing something that their own datamining says will offer us only minor benefits. In neither case is the opinion of the tiny minority of players posting on these forums actionable data.

There is some correlation between the champions the devs think are overpowered and eventually nerf and the ones the players discuss as being the best champions in the game, because the ones that are overpowered generally *are* obviously the best champions in the game. But the discussion itself is incidental. It is not like the devs have no idea which champions are better than others and we are giving them some kind of clue.

When a game like MCOC is created, built into the fabric of the game when it is implemented are data collecting modules designed to record things every MMO operator wants to know. In the context of MCOC, things like how often are each champion played on offense, in AQ, placed on defense. And when they are played, how often do players win their fights verses how often they lose their fights. They probably could tell you for every single matchup, like Archangel (player) vs Beast (computer) what the total win/loss record is. They know which champions are used most often in Act 2 vs which champions are used most often in Act 4. Which champions defeated the Collector most often. Which champions earn the most rewards in the game. Which champions do players spend the most resources to rank up. These data points tell them who is stronger than who, who is more desirable than who, and who is played more often than who. That data represents what is happening across every single player that plays the game. This thread represents the opinions of about two dozen players.

• Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Worst champs:
    Carnage
    HB
    Iron Man
    Iron Patriot
    Colossus
    Juggernaut
    Antman
  • Options
    CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    If kabam will nerf my favorite champ .. Then my favorites are
    Physical resist specilist :Luke cage
    Fury master: kamala khan...
    Huge armored :Howard the duck
    Green goblin's special armor: iron patriot
    And my worse champs are.. Who need reworks
    Hyperion: need to increase his buff time he is very weak without them
    Stark spidy: very weak block proficiency
    Ghost rider: should be incenrate and poison immune..he is very underwhelming on defense
    Gwenpool: 50% chance to stack bleeds
    Starlord: double damage at his special...
    There are many more who I want to write here....... But who care..lol
    #VVIP#
  • Options
    Xcrøss_TRXcrøss_TR Posts: 142
    My favorite Champ is Luke Cage . I mean he is a beast ! xD
  • Options
    Hellstorm_Hellstorm_ Posts: 172
    I gotta say Spider-Mans evade as well as black widows is so annoying
  • Options
    godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    is there no love for Thor? (not jane foster)
    im thinking of r5ing him next sig lv80 as his crit syn with my hulk other option is drax as i dont have hyperion
    i have hulk sw bw and starlord
  • Options
    godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    is there no love for Thor? (not jane foster)
    im thinking of r5ing him next sig lv80 as his crit syn with my hulk other option is drax as i dont have hyperion
    i have hulk sw bw and starlord

all rank 5
  • Options
    science22science22 Posts: 125
    Let's just all agree that Ant-Man is the worst champion ever. :D
  • Options
    JD22JD22 Posts: 8
    least fav
    ultron
    netflix dd
    Vison classic
    Vison AOU

fav charaters
    angela MY first 4 star
    Wolverine
    X-23
  • Options
    DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★

Why is Luke Cage so bad?

Well, at least he's tanky and useful as a substitute for AW
  • Options
    DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    science22 wrote: »
    Let's just all agree that Ant-Man is the worst champion ever. :D

He's a good counter against mordo though. Fatigue now removes mordo's astral evade (most of the time). :D