**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Buffed Ebony Maw - almost there

benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★
Poor ebony maw still can't get the love he deserves. So many people likes his animations, yet he is still very-very-VERY situational. But with the buff is is in a good way to be awesome.

The degen is pretty decent, thumbs up.

The black tongue falters are extremely short-you barely able to fit all 3 hits into the time-frame
Solution: should be at least double the time

The persistent charge mechanic still feels a bit useless.
His base damage is still noodles.
Solution: with every persistent charge his damage should increase with 30-40%, so when ramped up, he would feel like a true competitor to the top of the mystic class.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

how many buffs has this guy had and you still cant get it right? just move his attack value higher every month and eventually it'll hit the right spot. he has a fun kit, lots of potential the ONLY thing is his damage... come on.

Damage isn’t everything, when a champion has decent damage but really great utility it sometimes makes them more worth ranking up, as they benefit from a nice damage bump more than someone like CGR or ghost, who already have insane damage.

No_oneuk said:

how many buffs has this guy had and you still cant get it right? just move his attack value higher every month and eventually it'll hit the right spot. he has a fun kit, lots of potential the ONLY thing is his damage... come on.

Damage isn’t everything, when a champion has decent damage but really great utility it sometimes makes them more worth ranking up, as they benefit from a nice damage bump more than someone like CGR or ghost, who already have insane damage.
    To clarify, I haven’t checked out Maws buff in depth yet. So I’m not saying, be happy with him no matter what. I’m just saying damage isn’t always absolutely everything
  • Danyal_39Danyal_39 Posts: 151
    It's literally written in its introduction that due to the lack of physical strength, he make it by his pshchic/magic whatever power. Its proof that he can't hit physically even hard, but he covers it by big DoTs.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★
    Danyal_39 said:

It's literally written in its introduction that due to the lack of physical strength, he make it by his pshchic/magic whatever power. Its proof that he can't hit physically even hard, but he covers it by big DoTs.

Then instead of attack scaling with the charges make the degen more potent. And the black tongue falters is still super short
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Danyal_39 said:

He's not strong, therefore he uses mind powers to attack, therefore his attacks are non-contact. No reason those non-contact hits can't hit hard
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    The things I want to be changed:

1. Longer falter duration or the L2 refreshes falter on each hit
    2. Bigger damage boost for black tongue
    3. Some form of increased power gain: black tongue decreases their power gain and increases yours, or under black tongue basic attacks steal 2% max power
    4. Some bonus for nullifying (infinite falter stacks that expire when you are missed is my vote)

He is almost very solid, but needs one (🤞) more buff to get there
    Ok, I just saw Mikes video on him, and I’m not sure what the problem with him is? His damage is above average, he has amazing power control, the falter is nice. He’s not game breaking, but 84 hits for a RoL fight? For an r3 that’s not as awful as people are making out. I feel like people were expecting him to be game breaking, and that’s why people are disappointed.

He’s definitely got flaws, but I think it’s a successful buff, and it makes him much less of a bad pull. I’m gonna test out my maw a lot more, see how good he is unawakened and figure out if he’s worth r2 or eventually r3
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 970 ★★★★

Ok, I just saw Mikes video on him, and I’m not sure what the problem with him is? His damage is above average, he has amazing power control, the falter is nice. He’s not game breaking, but 84 hits for a RoL fight? For an r3 that’s not as awful as people are making out. I feel like people were expecting him to be game breaking, and that’s why people are disappointed.

He’s definitely got flaws, but I think it’s a successful buff, and it makes him much less of a bad pull. I’m gonna test out my maw a lot more, see how good he is unawakened and figure out if he’s worth r2 or eventually r3

The problem is the fact that he seems to do well only in rol. His falter timer is too short to fit his sp2 comfortably, I doubt ppl will be able to time every sp2 perfectly outside of rol. Another issue I have is that his degen dmg without the falter is not great. I get it they're trying not to make him op on defense, but cmon its too low. Now they have made it so that he is still borderline noodle if u don't time the falter.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Alright Kabam! Third times the charm!
    Idk if it just me, but i think that maw hits significantly softer on his base after the buff. They've increased his base health and base attack values, but he hits way softer now. I remember before the buff, my 6* r1 maw would hit around 2k medium crits on rol ws, now he hits abt 1.3-1.5k. His pi also got lowered. I don't understand why these changes were made. Also, his sp1 nullification is dodgy af now. This is just from what I vaguely remember. If anyone has a b/a comparison could u pls check this...

The problem is the fact that he seems to do well only in rol. His falter timer is too short to fit his sp2 comfortably, I doubt ppl will be able to time every sp2 perfectly outside of rol. Another issue I have is that his degen dmg without the falter is not great. I get it they're trying not to make him op on defense, but cmon its too low. Now they have made it so that he is still borderline noodle if u don't time the falter.
    It’s a very fair point, I think it may be better to sacrifice the first hit inside the falter window to Guarantee the second two and the refresh.

I think for me, it’s just a bit too soon to say for sure if the buff is as useless as people are saying. I think he has potential and hopefully over the coming months we will see some cool gameplay!

Regardless, the buff has made him considerably better, which is all that should be expected from these buffs. They’re meant to make champions better pulls and less disappointing
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

Idk if it just me, but i think that maw hits significantly softer on his base after the buff. They've increased his base health and base attack values, but he hits way softer now. I remember before the buff, my 6* r1 maw would hit around 2k medium crits on rol ws, now he hits abt 1.3-1.5k. His pi also got lowered. I don't understand why these changes were made. Also, his sp1 nullification is dodgy af now. This is just from what I vaguely remember. If anyone has a b/a comparison could u pls check this...

I noticed a base damage increase and no change in L1 nullify. It’s always been extremely dodgy.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    He actually got buffed this time, but still isn't worth my cats. Maybe for AW Def, but I don't play AW. He's a squishy champ that's designed around slow gameplay; not a good combo.

It'd be a lot better if they just had him start with Black Tongue on Offense.

Once he's in Black Tongue, he's a lot more useful. Great power control, universal nullify on sp1, decent damage boost. I dare say he's actually good if you delete those first 60 seconds.
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    Ok, after some testing...I actually don’t mind him. But it could just be me wanting to see the good in the situation and romanticizing his use.

When I line everything up....he’s satisfying to play. 4K degeneration ticks are a beautiful sight

I noticed a base damage increase and no change in L1 nullify. It’s always been extremely dodgy.
    Yes the base dmg has definitely been increased, but only on paper. In my case, maw before buff had around 1800 attack - after the buff he now has 2200 attack. Huge improvement there, but that's not reflecting in-game which is a problem. I really hope it's not intentional.