**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Enter the Grandmaster's Gauntlet!

Comments

• Cop123Cop123 Posts: 129 ★★
    woops missed that sorry.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 2,977 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

Is this content gated at all?

In dev diary they said about 6 r3s wonder if kabam can confirm if it be gated to 6 r3s or 6s particually since if not then most answers for this is quake on every fight
    I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I would get very annoyed if only 6* champs were allowed in, there are just too many champs not even available as a 6*. I also don’t think they’ve had a gate yet that was based on the rank of the champion.
    Could always implement it for this challenge like the dev diary says about 6 r3s and to lock with 6s would mean it can make it so quake dont steamroll as seems the fights path a lot of fights can be quaked and for kabam that isnt a challenge really
  • CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 290

Bendy said:

Is this content gated at all?

In dev diary they said about 6 r3s wonder if kabam can confirm if it be gated to 6 r3s or 6s particually since if not then most answers for this is quake on every fight
    I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I would get very annoyed if only 6* champs were allowed in, there are just too many champs not even available as a 6*. I also don’t think they’ve had a gate yet that was based on the rank of the champion.

How many champs aren’t available as 6*s? Doesn’t sound like a wolverine path to me
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Looking at those rewards, I am really wondering if I am going to save my 20k units for july 4th. Or if I might start spending them units. Too bad we won`t be able to see the offers before this is gone.
  • Forgotten2Forgotten2 Posts: 172 ★★
    I'm excited for this. I am curious if it will be restricted to 6* champs for more of a challenge and to eliminate quake use. Also expecting alot of its a cash grab from the same people who say 100% act 6 is too hard
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I am very excited for this
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,060 ★★★★
    HP not in the millions, this could be a great culling opportunity.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    RIP me not getting out of school till the 18th :/
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 516 ★★★
    Will there be a Camera-Lock like in LOL,AOL,Act 5 ?
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Megavok said:

Man I hope not
    Megavok said:

Normally it says in the announcement if the camera is locked, so I don't think it will be
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,011 ★★★★★
    camera lock is just so bad and pointless. but i can say 100% without a doubt it will NOT be locked.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 261 ★★
    Even if it was camera locked, just like abyss there will be a map in the first day or so.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

And uh

Those rewards are ok i guess

Will the map be locked like LOL and Abyss or will we be able to see the other 3 paths when we start?

No locked Camera! You can take a look at the entire map when you enter.
    The other question that people want to know is if you can bring 5 stars to the gauntlet?
  • 1professorchaos1professorchaos Posts: 21
    Only throne breaker sad garbage 6* roster noises :(
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    No cap they are gonna lock it to only 6* champions
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

And uh

Will the map be locked like LOL and Abyss or will we be able to see the other 3 paths when we start?

The other question that people want to know is if you can bring 5 stars to the gauntlet?
    Man I hope not. Just want to see all the Quake crutches up in arms 😂
    My 6 star roster is not very diverse and yes I did plan on bringing quake lol.

I'm okay with either one to be honest. I stopped using quake for AW outside of immortal Ibomb and act 7.2 because the health pools are simply getting too high and its annoying to quake for that long.

And uh

I have all the six stars I think I will need for this Gauntlet, but I don't have Apoc above a five star so I hope that we will still be able to bring them in. I plan to use Psylocke and while I don't need Apoc for her to do great, he makes her so much smoother to play.
  • AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    If health pool is not like abyss level then why they create these fight for quake & magneto cheese..?

But I have faith in developers that they will do something to counter magneto or quake
    otherwise it will be too easy

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    So I can complete path 1 (6 fights) and walk away with 15,000 shards, 2 rankup gems, and 12 t2a. Yes, please.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Zan0 said:

And uh

As much as I want to see the quake crutches cry I'd much rather we get a true Strike global lol
    I'm fine with this
    Never thought I would see another guy hate quake so much. :D . I get irritated whenever a guide says "Quake is MVP".

To the point of this gauntlet, I am hoping for some champ swapping after every section. If the defenders and nodes are too diverse, bringing counters to 25 champs + Thanos and the nodes is just impossible. Might as well just bring Ghost, Quake and Doom.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

And uh

Thats INCREDIBLE!! Major thanks to whoever made that decision.
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    TyEdge said:

So I can complete path 1 (6 fights) and walk away with 15,000 shards, 2 rankup gems, and 12 t2a. Yes, please.

No, if you only fight the first section then you only get completion rewards.
    It looks like after finishing each section you must decide to fight the boss or pick a chest and continue.

To get chest 1 only you need to fight section 1 then collect chest and continue to section 2 then bail and fight the boss

Chest 1 requires section 1 and 2.

Chest 2 requires section 1, 2 and 3

Chest 3 requires section 1, 2, 3 and 4 which ultimately gets you chest 4 as well.

Kabam wrote you need to complete a minimum of 10 fights before you can claim any boxes
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,253 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

You need to do minimum two sections, so 11 fights